Titanfall on Switch? Respawn Says "F*CK NO!"

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Titanfall on Switch? Respawn Says "F*CK NO!"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1347/1347368.jpg
Respawn Entertainment senior designer Mohammad Alavi makes it clear that the Switch isn't powerful enough for its games.

A lot of devs have been Drunk Tech [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169309-EA-Has-no-Switch-Games-Planned-After-FIFA], Alavi responds with a brutal "Fuck no!" when asked if Titanfall will ever make it to Nintendo's new machine.

"I was excited about [the Switch]. Nintendo's been in such a niche market recently, catering to the handheld and the kids, they've been so underpowered that they don't have the support of the third parties because they're all making for the PC, Xbox One and PS4, and it's no different," commented Alavi.

When the interviewer asks him if he'll be able to play Titanfall on it, Alavi said "Fuck no! No, you're not going to be able to fit Titanfall 2 on the Nintendo Switch. That's the same Zelda from the Wii U."

Source: Nintendo Today [http://nintendotoday.com/titanfall-on-nintendo-switch/]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
...Who cares? How about people who -are- putting their games on the Switch say so. Why do we need to keep hearing from people who no one really asked?

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Geez Alavi, why don't you just start shouting racial slurs at Nintendo next?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Saelune said:
Why do we need to keep hearing from people who no one really asked?
Well I assume we have this quote because he was asked... You know, in the interview this quote is from...

OP: It makes sense. Taking away the hardware limitations, we've not seen 3rd party multiplatform games sell well on Nintendo consoles in a long time besides the rare few. That goes especially for games with an M rating.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
PsychicTaco115 said:
Hes going to have to wait for his requisition of slurs from the Munitorium. Theyve all been booked out by the SJWs attending the God-Emperors inauguration today.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah well, considering that AAA developers don't want to compress audio files anymore, there will probably be many more people that will refuse to port games.

I've heard that the Switch will only have 32GB of on board memory. This means that many games will require micro SD expansion to play games. This will probably stifle sales for the first large games on the system since the game price will be $60 (or more depending on region) as well as the price of the sd card to hold it.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
Brutal, but true. The console may be cool but it will be barely able to play Skyrim, a game from 2011.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Oh no.... I'm not going to go through wanting these giant robot games for a portable.... Then just stick with the fact I have Steel Battalion for the original Xbox.....

Now I want Steel Battalion for Switch.
PsychicTaco115 said:
Does talking about Nintendo's Goombas count?

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
This from the guy who's game just came out and sold a fraction of the copies the original did.

Sarcasm aside, I don't blame him. The technical limitations alone are daunting let alone the fact it's a completely new and untested console/handheld/thing.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Goodie! Finally a developer with some sense. I guess I know what my next FPS purchase will be.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Whenever the "not porting because it's underpowered" argument comes out, I just check the list of Wii games that 3rd party developers ported from XBOX 360/PS3 and laugh at the non-sense. They would be singing a different song if they thought their ports would sell well on the Switch, no matter how underpowered the platform was.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Fischgopf said:
CaitSeith said:
Whenever the "not porting because it's underpowered" argument comes out, I just check the list of Wii games that 3rd party developers ported from XBOX 360/PS3 and laugh at the non-sense. They would be singing a different song if they thought their ports would sell well on the Switch, no matter how underpowered the platform was.
Well, yeah, obviously they'd make games for the thing if it were going to sell well. But it won't, so they won't and the Switch will sell even less.

This is just going to be Wii U 2.0...which the thing itself pretty much is.
I know, this is what everyone I've been talking to has been saying looking at this thing. When they are FPS locking Zelda Breath of the Wild at 30 fps on the switch regardless if it is docked, are only upscaling to 920p, and the only advantage it has over the Wii U version is higher quality sound, you know what this is going to turn into.

Literally the only hope this system had was the promise it could be both a console and a portable system in one, so someone could play Pokemon Sun and Moon on the switch on the go and at home. Right now it looks like they took the PS Vita, which is a chunky mofo compared to a 3ds XL, and made a dockable nintendo brand version of it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Saelune said:
...Who cares? How about people who -are- putting their games on the Switch say so. Why do we need to keep hearing from people who no one really asked?
He was asked. It was an interview.

And who are putting their games on the Switch (3rd party devs) precisely? We got Bethesda porting a 6 year old game, and Ubisoft releasing a sequel to a 14 year old game. Where are the new, modern games?

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
008Zulu said:
Saelune said:
He was asked. It was an interview.

And who are putting their games on the Switch (3rd party devs) precisely? We got Bethesda porting a 6 year old game, and Ubisoft releasing a sequel to a 14 year old game. Where are the new, modern games?
apparently we also have the newest expansion pack for the binding of Isaac. and there are reports for darksouls 3. we don't have a date so by the time it comes out the game maybe another 3-4 years old. and..... ummmm..... no other new/modern 3rd party game comes to mind

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
And? I liked Titanfall 2, but this guy seems like an arsehole. Kind of the same situation I have with FEZ. There are ways of saying "we aren't porting this because we're busy/we don't have the resources/we just don't want to" without sounding like an console Dude-Bro with a God complex.

Besides, we all know the real reason EA won't port this to the Switch *cough*this game sold like shit*cough*.