Titanfall Review - Mechs and the City

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
MonkeyPunch said:
Kimarous said:
Even if you list all the game's other qualities, it doesn't help the fact that it's online-only. In other words, something that amounts to a brick once the servers die off... or just flat-out die. Also, I have what's called a "life" wherein I need to pause regularly, so an online title that requires constant, undivided attention for extended periods is impractical and intrusive.

I'll admit that certain aspects do look somewhat enjoyable, but nothing that's worth $60 in my book.
Gorfias said:
Reminds me of Shadowrun. Me and a buddy were so pissed. $60 and no single player. There's just too many online shooters already for this to make me interested.

Let me know when PS4 gets its first Uncharted game.
I was just wondering. Do you two jump in to threads about inherently single player games and bemoan that there's no multiplayer?
Do you maybe subscribe to the idea that not every game (Second son for eg.) needs multiplayer? (and maybe frown when a publisher shoe-horns multiplayer in to a title that blatantly never needed it)

Do you go in to other multiplayer only games threads such as... dunno, Loadout, Planetside 2, Hearthstone, Guild Wars 2 etc. and bring up the same points?

///

I'm really glad I got to play the beta because that's actually when I was more-or-less sure I was going to buy this game and the reviews aren't pointing out any downsides yet.
Sure when the masses arrive (me amidst them) server might be shaky, but it all seems pretty smooth at the moment.
I agree. Some games simply don't need singleplayer. Battlefield comes to mind. Instead of wasting time with a bland, generic singleplayer story, Dice should have polished up the online... a lot more.