To anyone who has 'lost their faith in humanity'

scatmanfan

Dec 31, 2008
I blame Hollywood. Three words: Justin Bieber movie. My faith would be restored by...I don't know...a Layton and Wright crossover game. OH WAIT.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Wise_Smiling_Panda said:
I'm a Nihilist. So uhm...I guess I have no faith in humanity to begin with. Hehe...
Why, whats the point of having absolutely no faith in humanity?

Personally i believe that man is inherently good, as we always want to be the good guy. Think about it, we try to justify EVERYTHING, no matter what. We cannot enjoy peace of mind without completely believing that what we do is the right thing, hell even hitler believed that he was doing "gods work" and all that shit. Everyone who wishes to actually be the bad guy in the sense that what they do is intentionally wrong and not that their action have been called upon the victims, whomever they might be, by societal wrongdoings or upbringing. Now, i know people do the wrong things in what they believe is right, but the fact of the matter is, we all want to be the good guy, no matter what.

scatmanfan

Dec 31, 2008
spartan1077 said:
scatmanfan said:
Wait...are you saying that you are in support of Anonymous, or against it?
Completely and utterly against it.
Okay, yeah. For everything that they've done that I favor (i.e. supporting Wikileaks) they've done a million asinine things (i.e. getting Jessi Slaughter's personal information).

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
1. If Radio Shack ceases to exist.
2. If Fox apologizes for cancelling Firefly.
3. If I can write a best selling book. (Half-joking)

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
Hmm, are we talking the extremest view, or simply a view on it? I haven't lost faith in humanity, simply the people around my current residence.

for the second option: Love, ice cream, and beer

for the first option: To kill off anyone lacking common sense would be the first step, you'll have to excuse me as I create a list of what would need be needed to be done.

King Crab

Jul 20, 2009
faith? what has that got to do with humans? I mean, you wouldn't say that you've lost your faith in crabs or that you've lost your faith in rocks, would you? I guess you could have false expectations, you know, how you think the world should be or how people should act, but the notion of having faith in a vauge idea like humanity is counter intuiative.

faith shouldn't really apply at all. to have faith in something . . . what does that really mean anyway?

Wise_Smiling_Panda

Nov 22, 2010
Hyper-space said:
Wise_Smiling_Panda said:
I'm a Nihilist. So uhm...I guess I have no faith in humanity to begin with. Hehe...
Why, whats the point of having absolutely no faith in humanity?

Personally i believe that man is inherently good, as we always want to be the good guy. Think about it, we try to justify EVERYTHING, no matter what. We cannot enjoy peace of mind without completely believing that what we do is the right thing, hell even hitler believed that he was doing "gods work" and all that shit. Everyone who wishes to actually be the bad guy in the sense that what they do is intentionally wrong and not that their action have been called upon the victims, whomever they might be, by societal wrongdoings or upbringing. Now, i know people do the wrong things in what they believe is right, but the fact of the matter is, we all want to be the good guy, no matter what.
Gah, get the feeling my response is gonna sound like gibberish...ah well...here goes.

You seriously think that? Well fair enough. Personally though, the ideal state of...err... existence would be one where I am immortal, the world isn't in danger of ending and I can simply observe. So yeah I don't actually want to be the good guy. Or the bad guy. Being alive is pretty fun. Justification for my actions are, to me, pointless. I simply live, observe and do.

Point is, I don't have any particular desire to see humanity become something great, achieve anything in particular or for a heaven to even exist. If any of that happens, great, but I won't have faith in humanity as a whole for any of its actions.

EDIT
Just realized what I really wanted to say: you asked me what's the point of not having faith in humanity? That's the crux right there, I don't feel the compulsion to justify anything with a purpose greater than the thing itself. That is fundamentally why I say I'm a Nihilist, and not an Atheist.

gunheads

Sep 6, 2010
Ftaghn To You Too said:
gunheads said:
I lost faith in us years ago, America is to blame for this, Not the geographical country, The people that inhabit it. And no not all of you, just 95% with there religious fundamentalism and down right ass-hatter'y with politics world relations and attitudes to everything. One thing that tipped me over was a man promoting "National burn a quran day"
Please, don't judge us all based on that guy. Even Glenn Beck, king of the Fucktards, hates that guy.

Its not just that guy, Its the American plague ( 95% of you )

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I want to punch anyone who does say it. It ranks up there with "lol, glen beck it teh shitz" on the annoying scale.
HG131 said:
A bullet in the brainpans of Glenn Beck and Bill O'Riley.
Ehehehehehehe.

OT: I didn't lose it, because I have perspective.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
subject_87 said:
So, judging from the reaction to admittedly tragic and saddening news stories, there seems to be a large contingent of such people. My question is this: What would it take, hypothetically, to restore it?

Personally, I'll never completely lose faith as long as Valve Software continues to exist, but wholly restoring it would require Justice and Daft Punk together in concert combining and mixing up their respective songs into an aural pastiche of awesome.

So, your opinions?
I almost can't wait for Valve to drop the other shoe. It'll screw me too, but it'll be amusing to see so many of the faithful burned.

What would it take me? Minor, basic changes in human nature. Until then, humanity is a cesspool with a few bright pockets.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
How about having people stop acting like pricks all the time? OH WAIT.

Just kidding. I don't know what could bring a person around like that. I'll admit, I'm a bit of a misanthrope, but I like to ignore man's general depravity rather than mull on it.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
For me to have mass effect 3 and uncharted 3 in my hands when I wake up.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
The curing of Cancer for a starter that and the world realizing that fighting over Religion, Race, or Government are completely retarded because at the core all Religions, all Races, and nearly all Governments are the same.

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
When I saw those Values.com commercials, I thought they had an angle but when I found out they didn't I felt a little bit of faith be restored.