To WoW or not to WoW

Irishguy

Feb 21, 2011
Recently I've been playing a lot more rpgs such as fallout new vegas and dragon age origins, so I decided to get the WoW demo and I enjoyed. But the whole having to pay a subsciption fee and the media saying that WoW makes you have no life has put me on the fence. I just would like a second opinion on wiether or not I should get WoW.

DotHacker

Feb 21, 2011
Speaking as an ex-WoW player, it depends. To have fun in WoW is to be committed to it like a marriage and pretty much your life revolves only around WoW. It all depends on how easily addicted you are to such games.

I for one oppose of getting WoW.

Bluntknife

Sep 8, 2008
I'd say pass on WoW unless you have a bunch of friends that play it.

I've played since Burning Crusade and I stopped playing a month into Cataclysm.
It's pretty much the same thing over and over again.

Napierdalac

Oct 3, 2010
Depends on your self control.. I played WoW for 2 years, and at one point after a breakup, it took up all of my private life. Aint ever going back.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
id have to concur with everyone else here, its fun for a time, but it gets tedious unless you have a guild that you are very close with, and it sucks up ALOT of time, during my time in WoW my GPA dropped 2 full points, I quit WoW and magically I was getting A's again....... So.... keep that in mind, if you want something that is entertaining ( and addictive) but will not force you to give up your life give minecraft a shot.

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
No, you'll love leveling but Cata hits you like a rock. I'm not talking about difficulty of heroics or raids I'm talking about time devotion. This game will grind you into submission and it'll never stop. Once you have an 85 for each class you'll hate the game(or maybe before that) save your time and money. Don't heed the siren's call.

Jack of Spades

Feb 16, 2011
You can play WoW just be responsible about it, like drinking, it's fun when taken in small doses and with friends, but too much is unhealthy.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
I enjoyed WoW. It didn't consume my life because I didn't let it. I played up through Burning Crusade. Pondered Lich King...but never got it. I quit because I ended up having way too many games in my console backlog and they weren't getting played. Maybe one day, when I get caught up (unlikely), I'll play it again.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I've had a lot of fun with it and I'd give it a try. It isn't the most popular MMO for nothing.

P.S. ignore the people saying "it's the same thing over and over." the same can be said of ANY game.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I would give it a miss. I have a friend who hasn't played for over three years, and he still gets cravings for it. That's not a good sign.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
If you're decent with managing your time, give it a go. It's a fun game and with the new expansion, starter zones are rather entertaining.

It's not going to ruin your life in any way unless you let it. Even then, you'd have only yourself to blame.

Just be prepared for trade chat, if you do get it. I've yet to see a realm with a halfway decent one.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
I'm in the same boat.

On one hand, I don't want to pay subscription fees. On the other hand, I could play as a werewolf.

I'm torn.

Gert Felix

Feb 21, 2011
MMORPG's can take up a person's life.
I've quit after 4years, that stuff is like a drug. All depends on the self control you have,
more often than not you'll find out that you lack it when it's too late

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
I couldn't keep going with it because while I was into the early game stuff, the mid game right around level 20 bored me to DEATH. I didn't play nearly as much as I used to and wasn't going to pay the monthly subscriptions (I was on a month of it free I got from a friend) to play as little as I did.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
...that is the question. It seems I'm going mad, losing my discretion.

OT: I wouldn't, just because I think there are less expensive ways to get your RPG fix, but that's just me.

Sharalon

Jan 19, 2011
If you have seen the extra credits episode about the skinner box, you know the WoW experience. If you haven't, gogo its not too late!

drwow

Nov 25, 2009
Honestly, wow isn't that great of a game, (my name has nothing to do with wow btw).
It's really only fun if you get a good group of people to talk and play with, if not, it's really boring on your own.
I suggest getting other people to play with you if you want it to be fun at all.