Tokyo Game Show in Pictures Part 2: Cosplay Highlights

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Tokyo Game Show in Pictures Part 2: Cosplay Highlights

Take a look at some of the best cosplayers of Tokyo Game Show 2013.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
Pic #5 is Luca Blight from Suikoden II. Shame on you for not knowing that, being the best video game in history.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm happy that I've seen this cosplay gallery. After the PAX galleries I thought I didn't know anything about gaming or that I suck at recognizing characters. This time I recognized quite a few.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Boris Goodenough said:
I am pretty sure the cardboard robot is a Jaeger (from Pacific Rim), which one? I cannot tell!
http://latino-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/gipsy.jpg

It looks like Gipsy Danger.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Agayek said:

The visor colouring and the lacking number on the left arm threw me off a bit, but yeah you are right.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
The Assassin group shot was easily the best one here. Just the sight of seeing every last Assassin's Creed main character there was awesome.

On a side note, there were more than a few western developed games here. I was genuinely surprised by that, I was under the impression that western games (Especially Halo and other first person shooters) weren't that popular in Japan.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Ryan Hughes said:
Pic #5 is Luca Blight from Suikoden II. Shame on you for not knowing that, being the best video game in history.

That's still kind of a tough one. Suikoden II is my all time favourite JRPG, but Luca Blight is supposed to be a large intimidating character. I can understand cosplay is more about the costume than physical appearance, but this guy is kind of swimming in those shoulder pauldrons that looks more like something out of DBZ. Nice choice to cosplay though!

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
I have to agree: The Blanka was really cool!
Also the Pyramid-Head-Group Cosplay was a great idea!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Boris Goodenough said:
Agayek said:

The visor colouring and the lacking number on the left arm threw me off a bit, but yeah you are right.
that's cause the number is on the wrong shoulder in the cosplay, odd mistake to make but eh, still neat

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Props to the Dragon's Crown cosplayers, all 3 were great except the Elf's bow...at first I thought it was a baguette o_O

Rakor said:
Mama frightens me. o.o
No way, she's adorable!

Also she would *technically* win the award for the most identical cosplay to the original character...I mean look at that face, she nailed it :p

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
The best was picture #32. No, not the Ace Attorney guy, look at who he's pointing at...

That's right, Chie was best in show and don't you forget it!

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Wait...

Is that Mama cosplay really a person?

I mean look at the hands, that seems to be one of those plastic fashion dolls.

Or am I just crazy?

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Master Chief and Faith showing up in Japan. That sort of surprised me. One day I might have the time and energy to do a proper cosplay. Who am I kidding? No I won't.