Tomorrow I start high school.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
DarthFennec said:
High school was really hard for me ... but I guess if you're smart you won't be in International Baccalaureate like I was, so in that case it should be pretty easy.

Just attend all your classes and do all the work and make sure you turn it all in on time. Even if it's not all done perfectly that should keep you above a 3.5.

Oh, and make sure you have friends and go to parties and all that shit. It's hell otherwise. It's hell anyway but it's much less hell if you have some fun.
Im going to start IB this year. Is it that hard?

Some people talk like its the hardest thing you can ever do, others say its not that hard.

So how hard is it? is it hard, or REALLY hard?

Boletes Net

Nov 9, 2010
novixz said:
So yeah, I'm going to high school, it's 10:05 PM where I live and I should probably be asleep. So anyway, I'm not sure what to expect, everybody is telling me to grow up and mature some, but I'm not sure if I want to. My sister says to keep a 3.5 to 4.0 GPA, IDK if I'm sure I can do that. Now for the discussion value. Was it hard for you in high school? Did you get along socially/academically? Are you glad about your high school experience? If you could tell the 14 (or however old you were when starting high school) something what would it be? Don't be a smart ass and say that it would tear the fabric of time. Also, shark week is over, how do you feel about that?

Captcha: ruture frombs.

According to Urban Dictionary, frombes is another word for anal intercourse. Oh captcha you kinky little girl.

Edit: I agree, DON'T stand in the middle of the hallways, in the school middle school where I went to it's easy to it's easy to get caught behind somebody and go fuck all nowhere. This rule is applied 10 fold in a 4 foot hallway.

Edit: We don't have lockers. I know it's weird, I don't see anybody complaining about it though. So just putting that out there. But this thread isn't just for me, if you have advice on lockers by all means post it.

You're gonna cry sooooo much. but it'll be awesome in 6 years when you don't really remember how much you cried....

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
Stoic raptor said:
DarthFennec said:
High school was really hard for me ... but I guess if you're smart you won't be in International Baccalaureate like I was, so in that case it should be pretty easy.

Just attend all your classes and do all the work and make sure you turn it all in on time. Even if it's not all done perfectly that should keep you above a 3.5.

Oh, and make sure you have friends and go to parties and all that shit. It's hell otherwise. It's hell anyway but it's much less hell if you have some fun.

Some people talk like its the hardest thing you can ever do, others say its not that hard.

Heh. The first two years are challenging in a fun way, for the most part. Junior year will murder you. Senior's similar but easier, partly because they let off a little, and partly because you're used to it by then.

I've been through two semesters of university, and I'm pretty much four-pointing it without even trying. In high school, I struggled to stay above a 2.0 gpa.

In Junior year, I got on average two hours of sleep per night because of homework. I failed Language B twice (because I'm horrible at Spanish) even though I worked my ass off in that class. There's no time for anything other than school, and mostly there's not even time for school. There's no time for friends except for your fellow IB students (who will all drop out sometime during Junior year, so by Senior year there will be about six of you left). You need to get to know them, because they will be in all of your classes with you and you can all do homework and stuff together. Most of the time teachers say that it's cheating to do homework together, but in IB there's just too much homework, and if you try to do it all yourself you just won't finish it all. Our motto, in our IB class, was `IB therefore I BS', because there is no way to get a decent grade without learning how to BS all your assignments. If you want any more information, just check UD [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=IB], it's pretty accurate.

If you think it'll pay off, or if you're really competitive, or if you're masochistic, then have fun. In any case, good luck. I hope you do well. And try not to let it kill you.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
DarthFennec said:
Stoic raptor said:
DarthFennec said:

Heh. The first two years are challenging in a fun way, for the most part. Junior year will murder you. Senior's similar but easier, partly because they let off a little, and partly because you're used to it by then.

I've been through two semesters of university, and I'm pretty much four-pointing it without even trying. In high school, I struggled to stay above a 2.0 gpa.

In Junior year, I got on average two hours of sleep per night because of homework. I failed Language B twice (because I'm horrible at Spanish) even though I worked my ass off in that class. There's no time for anything other than school, and mostly there's not even time for school. There's no time for friends except for your fellow IB students (who will all drop out sometime during Junior year, so by Senior year there will be about six of you left). You need to get to know them, because they will be in all of your classes with you and you can all do homework and stuff together. Most of the time teachers say that it's cheating to do homework together, but in IB there's just too much homework, and if you try to do it all yourself you just won't finish it all. Our motto, in our IB class, was `IB therefore I BS', because there is no way to get a decent grade without learning how to BS all your assignments. If you want any more information, just check UD [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=IB], it's pretty accurate.

If you think it'll pay off, or if you're really competitive, or if you're masochistic, then have fun. In any case, good luck. I hope you do well. And try not to let it kill you.
Oh god I am really scared now.

MajWound

Mar 18, 2009
Don't take anything seriously. Anything. At all. It will all dissolve by the time you hit college. Then you'll look back on high school and say, "None of that was important." Just do your work and don't stress.

Also, get yourself a girlfriend. She doesn't have to be attractive, but she has to be hypersexual. If you don't know how to have sex by the time you hit college, you will be way behind. I read in a book once that you have to "slam the punching bag a thousand times before you actually climb into the ring."