Tony Hawk HD Does Not Feature Guerrilla Radio

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Tony Hawk HD Does Not Feature Guerrilla Radio

The Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD soundtrack list is here to break your heart.

As a journalist, I'm required to at least pretend to be nonpartisan. It's my job to tell you the news, not what you should think about it. But occasionally there comes a time when a man must take a stand, no matter what the consequences. A time when a man must stand firm and speak out against tyranny. A time when he must say "this far, and no further." This is such a time. "Guerrilla Radio" by Rage Against the Machine will not be one of the sixteen tracks on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD soundtrack. This is not right. It is not just.

"[Picking the final 16 songs] was a little difficult," said producer, project manager and servant of the system, Ken Overbey. "We definitely wanted to bring back some of the songs from the original soundtrack, but wanted new songs as well. The most difficulty we had was our budget, which was very small, and the scope and time frame; it was a lot of work to get it all lined up and get the songs in. You have to put out a risk analysis report and you have to point out to the publisher what the biggest risks are in the development. Soundtrack, Patrick and I both agreed, was the number one. Anyone who knows the game knows the music is just as important as the gameplay."

The known track list:
[ul][li]"Bring the Noise" -  Anthrax featuring Chuck D[/li]
[li]"Superman" - Goldfinger[/li]
[li]"When Worlds Collide" - Powerman 5000[/li]
[li]"Heavy Metal Winner" - Consumed[/li]
[li]"May 16″ - Lagwagon[/li]
[li]"No Cigar" - Millencolin[/li]
[li]"You" - Bad Religion[/li]
[li]"The Bomb" - Pigeon John[/li]
[li]"We the People" - Lateef the Truthspeaker[/li]
[li]"Marathon Mansion!" - Pegasuses-XL[/li]
[li]"Teenage Blood" - Apex Manor[/li]
[li]"Please Ask for Help" - Telekinesis[/li]
[li]"Flyentology (Cassettes Won't Listen Remix)" - El-P featuring Trent Reznor[/li]
[li]"USA" - Middle Class Rut [/li][/ul]

The final tracks are culled from from the first two Tony Hawk games, with a few new ones thrown in for good measure. Notable absentees include; "Evil Eye" by stoner rock outfit, Fu Manchu; "Blood Brothers" by Papa Roach and  "Cyco Vision" by Suicidal Tendencies. At least they managed to secure Millencolin's catchy "No Cigar."

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is set for release on PSN and XBLA next month, though obviously we will all be too busy engaging in bloody revolution to buy it. I know that idea may frighten some of you, but It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?

Source: Soundandvision [http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/sv-interview-tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-soundtrack-revealed]

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Really? 'Superman' is coming back? Anybody that liked that song before HATES that song now (myself included). Go back and listen to it, try not to be a annoyed!

All is not lost if custom soundtracks is available.. It, it is available... Right?!?

Apr 28, 2008
This is as bad as not including All I Want by Offspring in the Crazy Taxi re-release.

It's just not right dammit!

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Thats a shame..my interest was piques when i read the title and realised they were doing a HD remake..but theres at least 3-5 songs that should have been in it so..interest dissolved.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I admit that I never got into the Tony Hawk games that much, so maybe someone can explain it to me...but isn't the focus of a skateboarding game on pulling off crazy tricks and stunts, and not the soundtrack? Heck you could buy Guerrilla Radio off iTunes, blare it in the background, and mute the in-game music if that's what you wanted.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Nooners said:
I admit that I never got into the Tony Hawk games that much, so maybe someone can explain it to me...but isn't the focus of a skateboarding game on pulling off crazy tricks and stunts, and not the soundtrack? Heck you could buy Guerrilla Radio off iTunes, blare it in the background, and mute the in-game music if that's what you wanted.
Think GTA:VC - A good part of the experience was listening to the iconic soundtrack while you played. Overall I still see "When Worlds Collide" and "Bring the Noise", so I'm sold. They still should've added some THPS3 songs though.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is set for release on PSN and XBLA next month, though obviously we will all be too busy engaging in bloody revolution to buy it. I know that idea may frighten some of you, but It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?
My vote is for next Tuesday at Dave's place. I'm kinda busy right now, and I can't really fit an entire revolution where I'm at.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Irridium said:
This is as bad as not including All I Want by Offspring in the Crazy Taxi re-release.

It's hard to not associate one with the other.

Also, while I'm certainly no fan of Rage Against The Machine, Guerrilla Radio definately should be on the soundtrack. I don't think I'm going to buy it anyway, since it's just Activision blatantly cashing in on what little love for a long-milked-to-death franchise there is.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Grey Carter said:
At least they managed to secure Millencolin's catchy "No Cigar."
See, this here would be the dealbreaker for me. It's a shame Guerilla Radio didn't make the cut, but Millencolin was always the highlight of the THPS soundtracks for me. I used to restart a level constantly until No Cigar came on.

At least I can take solace in the fact Cyco Vision didn't make it. Man, that song was annoying.

Irridium said:

Or not including Popcorn in Digger HD. If I'd bought that retail, I'd have taken it back, saying it was broken.

chuckey

Oct 9, 2010
If the producers are smart, they can include an option to use the music on your ipod/mp3 player as the soundtrack without having to mute the game or whatever. Sounds like a fair plan eh?

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Grey Carter said:
As a journalist, I'm required to at least pretend to be nonpartisan. It's my job to tell you the news, not what you should think about it.
Ha! When has an Escapist writer ever been nonpartisan? You guys are the most opinionated writers in game news.

But I do agree, not including that epic song is a crime.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Hey, When World's Collide made it back in! And that's really the only one I can clearly remember what is XD

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Dumb thing to point out here...custom soundtrack options for consoles? Put whatcha want on! :U

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Well Bring the Noize is a good start, but how can you have a skateboarding game without Suicidal Tendencies? My brain boggles with disbelief (there's nothing wrong with this brain) that Cyclo Vision isn't there.

I'm also saddened by the absence of Police Truck.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
octafish said:
Well Bring the Noize is a good start, but how can you have a skateboarding game without Suicidal Tendencies? My brain boggles with disbelief (there's nothing wrong with this brain) that Cyclo Vision isn't there.

I'm also saddened by the absence of Police Truck.
Oh man, thank you so much. I read the comments in disbelief, Nobody cares about the Dead Kennedys? That was one of the best songs on there. You have restored my faith in humanity.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
The less coverage that Che-worshipping pseudo-revolutionary douche de la Rocha receives, the better. There are many better options for period music.

Also, The Escapist being non-partisan... you are fucking joking right? If not, that is the most depressing self-delusion ever to be witnessed.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
matrix3509 said:
The less coverage that Che-worshipping pseudo-revolutionary douche de la Rocha receives, the better. There are many better options for period music.

Also, The Escapist being non-partisan... you are fucking joking right? If not, that is the most depressing self-delusion ever to be witnessed.
Of course I'm nonpartisan comrade. Now grab your iPad and Caramel Macchiato, we have a revolution to begin.