Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD DLC Brings Back The Revert

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD DLC Brings Back The Revert

Pro Skater 3 content will be available as $5 DLC a month after the launch of Pro Skater HD.

While the first two games in the series are perhaps more iconic, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 is the most highly regarded [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-thps-3-dlc-brings-back-the-revert/] installment in the long-running skateboarding series. One of the small, but important, tweaks the game introduced was the "revert."

Now, bear with me a moment because I'm about to slip into some eye-melting Tony Hawk jargon. Essentially a 180 spin done without leaving the ground, the revert allowed player to link together half pipe tricks by stringing together reverts and manuals. This meant players could try for longer, more complex combos, with the reward - and risk, you get nothing if you bail at any point - growing exponentially as their multiplier climbed higher.

The revert move won't be appearing in the base version of THPSHD, as it's based on the first two games in the series, but it will be introduced, alongside a bunch of extra levels, with the $5 THPS3 DLC that comes a month after launch. The only downside is that, while the revert will be usable in the game's original levels, it won't continue the player's combo, as the levels simply aren't designed for it.

Not every THPS3 level will be included with the DLC, but Activision has confirmed the ever-popular "Airport" has made the cut.

Now all we need is some DLC to add <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117418-Tony-Hawk-HD-Does-Not-Feature-Guerrilla-Radio>Guerrilla Radio to the game and we're all set.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-thps-3-dlc-brings-back-the-revert/]

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
I'm actually looking forward to this... I loved the early Tony Hawks

*Crosses fingers and hopes for cruise ship level*

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Ah, Tony Hawk. The games were a cornerstone of my childhood. Mildly excited about this, not so excited about the fact Activision have cut out a move and saved it for DLC.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
it's probably more of a balance issue as the earlier games didn't have it, so they were never designed with that feature in mind to begin with

strange that they would do a rerelease and have the third one be an add on, though

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
weirdguy said:
it's probably more of a balance issue as the earlier games didn't have it, so they were never designed with that feature in mind to begin with

strange that they would do a rerelease and have the third one be an add on, though
Will the manual be disabled in the THPS1 levels? They weren't designed with the manual since that came with THPS2. IF that doesn't break the balance, then neither with the revert. Activision's argument is faulty at best, and greedy at worst.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Ne1butme said:
weirdguy said:

Will the manual be disabled in the THPS1 levels? They weren't designed with the manual since that came with THPS2. IF that doesn't break the balance, then neither with the revert. Activision's argument is faulty at best, and greedy at worst.
This. The manual allowed players to continue their combos after a grind for as long as they could keep it balanced, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of grinds. The revert was added to do the same thing for aerials, allowing vert-style players to be as effective as similarly-skilled street-style ones. Having one without the other or making one worthless just damages the game's overall balance.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I'm crossing my fingers, hoping for the level editor - but I doubt that'll happen. It used to be great fun, making crazy jumps and elaborate levels, the editors got better and better with each version.

Now, the only question I have is, does anyone know the release date?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
But wait, the first level in the first game was on both THPS3 and THUG2, and the revert was on there...