too senstivie kids

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
team star pug said:
Don't youmean "shuttlecock" not birdy
Maybe next time, you should make sure the same thing doesn't have different names for different cultures before saying "no youre wrong"

OT: I'm not sure who I should be worried more for, the kid who is getting expelled, or the kid who cried like a ***** over being hit by cock.
thanks, I will. You can help. Who uses the term "birdie"!?

I read the OP and stated my opinion, then I read the comments. I was probably 15th to mention this so don't pick on me for it. How was I to know. I asked a simple question because I didn'tknow what he was talking about and YOU... YOU make me sound like some inconsiderate racist. Shame on you.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Icecoldcynic said:
Dodgeball got ruined at my school the instant they introduced the catching rule. Since we used crappy foam balls, it was literally impossible to get any real speed on them, so it actually became MORE risky to throw the ball! The only way to avoid them being caught was to just roll them across the floor, since any time the ball had any time in the air, someone would just snatch it out of the air and you'd be out.

Destroyed the game in my opinion. It's called dodgeball, not catchball.
Yea both the foam balls and the catching rule were horible.
Not to mention that the baseball players at my school were the only ones who can throw it with any speed at all. Sereously one of them threw it at me, missed and the ball bounced off of the wall and hit the back of my head with enough force to make be bite my tongue. And the entire team was ALWAYS on the same side. That meant it was the baseball team vs everyone else, mostly girls, the realy odd kids, and myself. I was one of the only people on my team who could actualy dodge, couldnt throw, couldnt catch. I was always the last person left, it drove the other team crazy cause no matter what they tried i would never go down.

OT: If the kid was just lightly hit (or even moderately hit) then he was a wimp. If it was an overhand serve from point blanc range then he deserves to cry cause that can hurt like hell.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
DividedUnity said:
I am aware of what a birdy is. Please explain?
A hollow tennis-ball cut in half and has a cone of plastic around one side, it's basicly the ball in badmenten (spelled it wrong I think).

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Demented Teddy said:
I myself view it as a weakness only in certain cases.
Any emotion can be a weakness in certain cases. It basically comes down to what you're trying to achieve and how a particular feeling interferes with that goal.

Which is why I always try to filter my emotions through my intellect. Emotions tend to be pretty irrational after all.

Not feeling them at all though, that is most certainly a weakness. Imagine if you didn't have the capability to feel pain or discomfort for instance. You'd probably break your body within a year due to the fact that you don't even notice when your own body is injured or sick.

Jan 3, 2009
Housebroken Lunatic said:
Demented Teddy said:
Some people view empathy as a weakness.
The complete lack of empathy suggests that the person in question is a psychopath. Meaning that those people which you speak of idolize mentally disturbed human beings.

It just goes to show how "clever" these people are...
I shed a tear when I see a Pixar movie, I cried that time my pet died. However, I didn't cry the time I broke my thumb playing baseball in gym.

The real world is a terrible place and the kid who cried is ill-equipped to handle said world. Emotions aren't useless but crying at everything wrong in the world is unproductive and quite annoying, to be frank.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I once got hit with a basketball full force in the face when I was 10 and didn't cry, I just got pissed and aggressively requested an apology. That being said, kids today are wimps.

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
Where do people say birdy and batt mitten? I'm from the UK and everyone I know says shuttlecock and badminton...

OT: It's very over the top, but some schools are like that... but they shouldn't be IMO.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Booze Zombie said:
Cuddling every kid that trips over does not a strong society make.
Seriously? Maybe if you're talking about Sparta, but where I live there's more to life than physical toughness.
...You think we should cuddle a kid who tripped? Come on, that's just... I mean, what is crying? You cry if you're overwhelmed with any feeling right? Isn't it an admirable trait to have the inner strength to not be so easily overwhelmed?

Even if something hurts, you don't need to cry about it, and they certainly don't need special attention. That just raises spoiled kids.

Independence is important. So is a sense of community, and the need for others, but you can't just be carried by everyone around you. You know that.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
KrakFoxx said:
Where do people say birdy and batt mitten? I'm from the UK and everyone I know says shuttlecock and badminton...

OT: It's very over the top, but some schools are like that... but they shouldn't be IMO.
Well, it, luckily, is still called "badminton" around here (Canada, North America), but we call them both.

Around here we'll say "birdie" a lot, but it's officially referred to as a shuttlecock. There's a saying; "Keep your eye on the birdie", comes from that term.

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
KrakFoxx said:
Aby_Z said:
It's quite a statement that what we call a Birdie is actually called a Shuttlecock. Obviously us Americans aren't mature enough to handle such a thing...
Thats why.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I really want you guys to meet my cousin. She's four, and every other thing you do makes her cry.

Some things, like losing, are understandable, but others are just plain stupid. THat list includes:

1. Staring at her
2. Getting something of hers dirty
3. Any threat she may lose something
4. Taking something from her, even if she's had it for the past four hours
5. Cleaning up
6. Eating
7. Drinking

You get the picture.

Or how about some kid I had back in middle school. Someone once punched his arm in a friendly way. Where as he ran away and cried.

I hate the people of today.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
This seems like as gooder time as any to roll out my IRL catch phrase.

[font colour=red]HARDEN THE FUCK UP ANONYMOUS PRIVATE SCHOOL KID![/font]

So is the kid going to get expelled becuase the kid had a ***** and all the teachers present were like "ZOMG, THATS MEAN AND STUFF OLOLOL!!1!".
This type of thing makes the youth of today look like pussies. Does the school had such a hard line on this sort of thing all teh time though? Being a private school and all...

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
teisjm said:
gof22 said:
teisjm said:
The problem is retarded parents who doesn't care what happened but just wants to STFU their crying kids, so their kids grow up learning, that they get their way when crying.

The schools are a bunch of pussies, who are afraid the craptastic parents will freak out, cause that kind of parents do that, cause they have to compensate for a lack of life of their own OR lack of intererst, or paying attention to their child in their child, so they'll spoil teh little whiny brat, and fight anyone who are not treating their craptastic spawn as a small god with tooth and nail lawsuits and public scandals. Or they might just stop paying the school.

I'll tell ya one thing, the kid who hrew the birdie is lucky to get out of a place like that, you don't get anywhere when you're beeing surrounded by whiny tards with no spine.
Throwing things at people is another good example of not getting anywhere either. Yes, perhaps the kid should not have cried but throwing things at other people is just dumb.
Trjwoing a birdie, while it may not be a step on the road to awesomeness or anything like that, is not a bad thing either. It's a diminutive insignificant thing, which should really not stir up any trouble or anything else for that matter, it's insignificant.
I mean throwing things at people on purpose. If he did throw it on purpose at the kid to be mean he deserved to be punished. Not expulsion, but still deserves punishment.

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
Birdies can go pretty fast. I know because my one gym teacher actually played the sport in college ? and this is the actual sport, not the backyard stuff but the actual stuff. She actually hit the birdie so hard that it gave a kid a black eye. Based on that, I really do not have a doubt that it can make a kid cry.

With that in mind, why is the kid getting expelled for this? It is not that the kid pulled a knife or beat this kid. He injured him with a birdie. Even if it was intentional, which I doubt, why is the punishment expulsion. At my school you have to do something serious like break a state law or be suspended several times before expulsion.

I think that whoever came up with the idea of expelling the kid blew it out of proportion. Maybe it was an overprotective mother or something. No matter what though, I think this kid, the one being punished, should fight this. There is no reason to get in that much trouble for something so small. It is just ridiculous in my eyes.

Incase any of you were wondering, that thing with the gym teacher is real. She actually did give a kid a black eye with a birdie. If you play badminton right, you really can get some serious speed on that thing. Also a shuttlecock is the same thing as a birdie.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
How is that even possible? When we were 12-13 in PE we did everything we could to hit each other with shuttlecocks. Those things are designed to not go fast. You couldn't hurt someone with one if your life depended on it.

Probably just the private school caving to the kids parents.