Top 10 Games with Best Music By TheHatPerson

scatman94

Oct 29, 2008
I want to let you all know right now that this is basically the script for a video I will make on this top 10 list so it might feel a little empty. Everything I put in the list is my personal opinion. Maybe I'll let you know when the video is done. I will be makin more of these. Enjoy.

Y?know, I love music and another thing I love is videogames. And whenever I play a game, the music is one of the first things I think about. So after a lot of thinking, I decided to make a top 10 list on my favorite games with best music. Now let?s begin.

10. Mario franchise

The music from the Mario games are awesome and catchy as hell! I think the game that has the best music in the entire franchise has to be Mario 3. This is the game that actually has the most memorable songs. The music really fits with the enviroments. If your in out in the open, you hear a happy, cheary song. If you are in a castle on your way to fight a boss, you hear a suspenful, mysterious kind of background music.

9. Dig Dug

The way the music works in this game is rather interesting to me. As soon as you start playing the game, there will be no sound until you start moving. And if you stop moving, the music stops. I think its pretty interesting. I like how when there?s only one enemy left in the screen the music starts to speed up while that enemy is trying to escape. Also the music is pretty catchy as well.

8. Dr. Mario

The only reason I put this game on the list is because of this song. (Dr. Mario theme song plays) I love that song. The moment you hear this song, you will never be able to get it out of your head. The rest of the songs in Dr. Mario suck. The only songs that should be available on Dr. Mario should be this one or some songs from the previous games.

7. Portal

I know this game has little to no music, but in the end credits, the game gives us this kickass song called "Still Alive" by Jonathan Coulton. I was how the person who does the voice of GLaDOS is the one singing.I was defenitly not expecting a song that good. Same goes with the rest of the game. A great game followed by a great song.

6. Guitar Hero franchise

This is the game that really brought the music game genre back to the mainstream. I?m not going to include Rock Band because Guitar Hero was the one that started everything. This is the game that really let us live the rock star fantasy by coming up with possibly the best videogame accesory ever made. A plastic guitar. Guitar Hero featured many songs we have come to know and love like "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix, "Message in the Bottle" by The Police or "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Guitar Hero: It Rocks your mother.

5. Duck Tales

One of my favorite games for the NES. My favorite song in the entire game has to be the Outer Space level. Nothing I can really say about this one. Just go listen to it. Absolute classic!

4. Megaman franchise

When I mean Megaman franchise, I mean the early 8-bit Megaman games and the new Megaman 9. Since the game has the same formula as the other 6, it still counts. Of all the 8-bit music I have heard, I don?t think there is anything that can top the Megaman games. My favorites are the music from Megaman 2,3, and 9. Just pure awesome.

3. Final Fantasy franchise

Final Fantasy are the only words I can say when somebody asks me why do I like Orchestrated music so much. I can?t really tell you which game in the franchise has my favorite songs because almost every single game has at least 1 or 2 songs that I like. I also like the music from the movie Advent Children (BUT ONLY THE MUSIC). Well I think I can thank Nobuo Uematsu for giving us all the beautiful music he has given us until now.

2. Legend of Zelda franchise

How could I make a top 10 list on good music without including the Zelda franchise. Obviously, there is the theme song, but there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said a million times about the theme song. The ones I really like are the Ocarina songs from Ocarina of Time and Majora?s Mask. There are many I can choose from like the Song of Storms, Zelda?s Lullaby, and Saria?s Song. From the NES to the Wii, they are all memorable classics.

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Hell yeah! Smash Bros. Brawl is wonderful and the music is wonderful too. The reason I put this one in number one is because it has everything Nintendo. You can listen to a million songs from different Nintendo games over the years. All the songs are organized after each franchise from Mario all the way to Metal Gear Solid. Aside from all the music from previous games, we also have the original music made for the game. Like the opening theme song or remixed versions of other songs. Overall, I?m proud to call this game the best game with best music.

rosseloh

Mar 19, 2009
Not bad. However, I think Guitar Hero shouldn't be on the list; these games are required to have a killer soundtrack or they won't sell...

Also, in place of SSBB and Final Fantasy, put Neverwinter Nights (1 and 2, they have the same music) and The Witcher. 2 of the best original soundtracks I've ever heard.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I don't see Neverwinter Nights, Guild Wars or Ragnarok Online here.

Duck Tales? Really?

I think that, as much as some songs were good, the 8-bit songs can't really compare to the newer pieces. Would you honestly listen to them for more than a minute or two? While I carrying my MP3 listen to Diablo 2 soundtrack, mixed with The Best of REM.

Lulzovich

Aug 27, 2008
I think Diablo (both 1 and 2, although in second part, act I, the music is really THE BEST) should definitely find a place in the top 10

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Ummmm Ssbb is unfair. I mean it's good but i wouldn't say its bigger or grander then anything in a final fantasy game or even zelda. Like corpse said your missing GTA. But then again every title besides portal (which has one song in it) has been a nintendo game. I'd drop GH though on the same priociples that you dont have gta included. and combine smashbros and dr.mario and all ther others you listed as Mario Franchise. I know im nit picking overall its good taste in soundtracks :D

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
scatman94 said:
I want to let you all know right now that this is basically the script for a video I will make on this top 10 list so it might feel a little empty. Everything I put in the list is my personal opinion. Maybe I'll let you know when the video is done. I will be makin more of these. Enjoy.

Y?know, I love music and another thing I love is videogames. And whenever I play a game, the music is one of the first things I think about. So after a lot of thinking, I decided to make a top 10 list on my favorite games with best music. Now let?s begin.

10. Mario franchise

The music from the Mario games are awesome and catchy as hell! I think the game that has the best music in the entire franchise has to be Mario 3. This is the game that actually has the most memorable songs. The music really fits with the enviroments. If your in out in the open, you hear a happy, cheary song. If you are in a castle on your way to fight a boss, you hear a suspenful, mysterious kind of background music.

9. Dig Dug

The way the music works in this game is rather interesting to me. As soon as you start playing the game, there will be no sound until you start moving. And if you stop moving, the music stops. I think its pretty interesting. I like how when there?s only one enemy left in the screen the music starts to speed up while that enemy is trying to escape. Also the music is pretty catchy as well.

8. Dr. Mario

The only reason I put this game on the list is because of this song. (Dr. Mario theme song plays) I love that song. The moment you hear this song, you will never be able to get it out of your head. The rest of the songs in Dr. Mario suck. The only songs that should be available on Dr. Mario should be this one or some songs from the previous games.

7. Portal

I know this game has little to no music, but in the end credits, the game gives us this kickass song called "Still Alive" by Jonathan Coulton. I was how the person who does the voice of GLaDOS is the one singing.I was defenitly not expecting a song that good. Same goes with the rest of the game. A great game followed by a great song.

6. Guitar Hero franchise

This is the game that really brought the music game genre back to the mainstream. I?m not going to include Rock Band because Guitar Hero was the one that started everything. This is the game that really let us live the rock star fantasy by coming up with possibly the best videogame accesory ever made. A plastic guitar. Guitar Hero featured many songs we have come to know and love like "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix, "Message in the Bottle" by The Police or "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Guitar Hero: It Rocks your mother.

5. Duck Tales

One of my favorite games for the NES. My favorite song in the entire game has to be the Outer Space level. Nothing I can really say about this one. Just go listen to it. Absolute classic!

4. Megaman franchise

When I mean Megaman franchise, I mean the early 8-bit Megaman games and the new Megaman 9. Since the game has the same formula as the other 6, it still counts. Of all the 8-bit music I have heard, I don?t think there is anything that can top the Megaman games. My favorites are the music from Megaman 2,3, and 9. Just pure awesome.

3. Final Fantasy franchise

Final Fantasy are the only words I can say when somebody asks me why do I like Orchestrated music so much. I can?t really tell you which game in the franchise has my favorite songs because almost every single game has at least 1 or 2 songs that I like. I also like the music from the movie Advent Children (BUT ONLY THE MUSIC). Well I think I can thank Nobuo Uematsu for giving us all the beautiful music he has given us until now.

2. Legend of Zelda franchise

How could I make a top 10 list on good music without including the Zelda franchise. Obviously, there is the theme song, but there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said a million times about the theme song. The ones I really like are the Ocarina songs from Ocarina of Time and Majora?s Mask. There are many I can choose from like the Song of Storms, Zelda?s Lullaby, and Saria?s Song. From the NES to the Wii, they are all memorable classics.

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Hell yeah! Smash Bros. Brawl is wonderful and the music is wonderful too. The reason I put this one in number one is because it has everything Nintendo. You can listen to a million songs from different Nintendo games over the years. All the songs are organized after each franchise from Mario all the way to Metal Gear Solid. Aside from all the music from previous games, we also have the original music made for the game. Like the opening theme song or remixed versions of other songs. Overall, I?m proud to call this game the best game with best music.
Of those, I'll give you Zelda, FF and Mario.

I would add Heroes of Might and Magic III, Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge, Warcraft 2, and DOOM.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
I agree with your list, but I would probably add in donkey kong country franchise, because the songs in that are freaking sweet (DKC2 in particular).

And having SSBB as number 1, who can disagree, there are like 100 songs in that game, and they are nothing short of amazing.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
No mention of Red Alert 2 or Unreal Tournament? You have played PC Games other than Portal, right?

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
Duuuuude Silent Hill! Akira Yamaoka is amazing!

I also really liked the Burnout Revenge soundtrack. Someone's gonna punch me in the face for that but I don't care. I loved it

Johnnyweird

May 7, 2008
This is ridiculous.

Where is Katamari Damacy? Braid?
And my personal favorite, the soundtrack to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, by Amon Tobin.
Listen to it!