Top 100 Pokemon - From 100 to 86

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Top 100 Pokemon - From 100 to 86

The top 100 Pokemon, in reverse order. Today, we look at numbers 86-100.

Read Full Article

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Referring to dual-gendered/genderless Pokemon as a particular gender. Eeeerrrrgghhh. Bad.

I don't know how people still can't spell Onix. I'm pretty sure the Onyx stone is lesser known than the Pokemon.

I have no issue with what Pokemon appear or don't appear on this list, but get your pronouns and your spellings straight, pls.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Life must be such a pain in the ass if you were born with boxing gloves for hands...

Anyway, I guess now is when I "old man" complain about how back in my day, we had 150 (or 151 if you included that abomination against God Mew) Pokemon and we were happy with that! Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Headsprouter said:
Referring to dual-gendered/genderless Pokemon as a particular gender. Eeeerrrrgghhh. Bad.

I don't know how people still can't spell Onix. I'm pretty sure the Onyx stone is lesser known than the Pokemon.

I have no issue with what Pokemon appear or don't appear on this list, but get your pronouns and your spellings straight, pls.
Fixed the spelling of Onix. I thought I had double-checked it, but apparently not. :( Also fixed the pronouns. I'll need to go back through the other articles to make sure I catch them as well. Thanks for the heads up.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
Yeah, Scyther is a shame, so cool, but bad typing so it's not used much compared to Scizor. Still Scizor is pretty cool himself.
I still don't understand why Scyther and Scizor have the exact same stat total. A 20% boost in attack and defense in exchange for halving his speed. What the hell is that about? What's the point of evolving a Pokemon in to one that isn't as cool, is no more powerful, and is such a pain to evolve in the first place.

Kevashim

Dec 12, 2007
We can really skip the rest of these posts, we all know that Beedrill will be number 1.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
If Tangela made it on the list, I already give up. And it will mostly be gen 1 and 2, calling it now. Place your bets now, will it be Charizard or Mewtwo at number 1?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Lapras- It was part of my team in Red. I wish they had given Lapra a evolved form or pre evolution (I had a thing on against using single form Pokemon despite using it on Red).

Honchkrow- Part of my team in Diamond. While Insomnia was great again one of the legendaries that keep using yawn (I regred keeping it when I learn it had super luck ability) but sadly it has low defence so it couldn't take much of an beating.

Drifloon- Made me reset my date on my DS to catch it (if was after Friday that I got to the location).

Scizor- Had it on Heartgold to make up for not having one on Gold (had no one to trade with during that time).

Houndoom- Had it on Platinum and it was ok.

Frograss- Something I wanted to used but never got round to.

Also yeah Totodile is cute.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
JCAll said:
Yeah, Scyther is a shame, so cool, but bad typing so it's not used much compared to Scizor. Still Scizor is pretty cool himself.
I still don't understand why Scyther and Scizor have the exact same stat total. A 20% boost in attack and defense in exchange for halving his speed. What the hell is that about? What's the point of evolving a Pokemon in to one that isn't as cool, is no more powerful, and is such a pain to evolve in the first place.
Awful typing into typing with only one weakness is the point.
Just my opinion though.

Ot: Wondering if Mega Pokemon are going to be listed because I think Mega Charizard X and Y look awesome

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Headsprouter said:

My bad. I seem to think of certain Pokemon as "he" and others as "she", but you are right, most of them can be either gender.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
DrownedAmmet said:
Why stop at 100, why not just rank all 150 pokemon?
Because there are over 700 now?

OT: Glad to see the undisputed best Poke is still alive in the list.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
JCAll said:
scizor gets bullet punch, which is boosted by steel typing and technician, and has priority, which makes up for its speed much in the way that ice shard makes mamoswine dangerous (but with technician). bug and steel typing cover each other very well with the downside of 4x fire weakness (something which can be used to bait potential threats into switching in much like ferrothorn), has the other overall benefits of steel types (loads of annoying resistances, immunity to poison), and the aforementioned stupidly high attack stat, with a mega form that has further increases in both defense types and is able to stay in against bisharp. in a metagame filled with fairy types, it's very much an option to consider.

scyther, on the other hand, takes 4x damage from rock type (so if there's any stealth rocks the only purpose it has is to die) and can't do anything to steel types, which is pretty much a deal breaker. a much better choice is mega pinsir, which hits harder and has access to fighting type moves, making it a significantly less desirable target to attempt switching into.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Hero of Lime said:
If Tangela made it on the list, I already give up. And it will mostly be gen 1 and 2, calling it now. Place your bets now, will it be Charizard or Mewtwo at number 1?
If Pikachu isn't number 1 than this list can fuck off.

He is the Pokemon, there's not a single other Pokemon I can think of that is is more important.

linkblade91

Dec 2, 2009
Dango said:
Hero of Lime said:
If Pikachu isn't number 1 than this list can fuck off.

He is the Pokemon, there's not a single other Pokemon I can think of that is is more important.
Preach! lol It's gonna be Charizard #2, Pikachu #1. It has to be.

I'm disappointed Lapras isn't further up the list beyond #97, but at the same time, at least she's on the list; after all, even #100 is at least 100/700+. The real question is: who's gonna luck out and find all of their favorites inside the top 100? I'm already 2-0 on Day 1: Lapras and Scizor are in. Pikachu's a total given, so I just need Gengar and Lucario and I've got my top-5. I should be good, right?

Edit: I'm gonna get Lucario but lose Gengar 'cause Haunter will be there instead. I just know it >_>

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Fun Fact: Rotom is "motor" backwards, and changes "formes" by entering motorized appliances.