Top 5/10 best games you have ever played

sunsetspawn

Jul 25, 2009
See, my opinions are already changing, forgot SOTN and Battlefront. But my list is done. I'm leaving.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
No order in particular:

Mass Effect 2
Portal 1
' ' 2
Half-Life 2
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Batman: Arkham Asylum
' ' City
Deus Ex
Call of Duty: World at War
Sonic Adventure

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
(All mine are on the Xbox 360, as it's the main console I own)

Singularity - An amazing single player game, which I recomend to anyone who hasn't played it. It was a hidden gem for me, and I'm so glad I played it. Multiplayer was dead within a week though, but it's single player is solid.

Bioshock - Y'all know why this is here.

Fallout 3 - My favourite of the two Fallout Xbox game's, this game kicked ass. The only problem with it was extended play, so there was more chance of the game freezing.

Fallout New Vegas - near the bottom of my top 5/10 list - Suffered the same problems as FO3, but I still enjoying every second of it.

Just Cause 2 - A great game, that I still go on to fly planes/drive cars/crash helicopters. It's one of those fun games without an objective once you've completed it.

Minecraft - A new edition to my list, I love building things on peaceful. This will easily become one of my favourite games when creative mode is released, but until then I'll struggle in Survival.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
1. FFVII - nothings ever topped it for me its just brilliant.
2. Valkyria Chronicles - Came completely from nowhere for me and blew me away with its beauty I absolutely love this game and I am not usually a fan of strategy games.
3. Xenoblade Chronicles - Again I missed almost all the hype about this game (a blerb on one magazine was all I read of it before I picked it up) and it completely hooked me, it even took time away from the phenomenal Persona 4 it was that good.

Others in no particular order:-

Persona 4
Okami
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy
CTR
Street Fighter 2 turbo
K-on Hougako live (for PSP screw you lazy crappy PS3 port)

These last ones can change quite a bit though theres so many games I love that its pretty hard to make a top 10 only the number 3 are pretty solid it was only top 2 and the rest until Xenoblade was released.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
In vaguely this order:

Persona 4
Morrowind
Persona 3 Portable
Okami
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario World
Earthbound
Ocarina of Time
Planescape Torment
Secret of Monkey Island

DeManix

Jun 7, 2010
1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. GTA: San Andreas
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. Pokemon Crystal
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. Journey
7. Deus Ex
8. Final Fantasy VII
9. Portal 2
10. Rollercoaster Tycoon

Several other games just miss out, it was a hard time deciding 7-10.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
from best to least

FFIX
Okami
Banjo Tooie
Skyrim
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Super Mario World
Pokemon soul silver
FFXII
Sky Cooper 2
Sky Cooper 3

i wish my PS2 was still hooked up :( no room for it anymore

Garrett

Jul 12, 2012
Ashadowpie said:
from best to least
Sky Cooper 2
Sky Cooper 3
I assume you meant Sly Cooper?

Also, totally forgot about Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles. Three (well, one of them is a remake) amazing games in one.

nickyv917

Nov 11, 2010
I'll be honest, I thought this post was about the best 5 OUT OF 10 games ever.

10: F-Zero GX
9: Spyro 3
8: Pokemon Snap
7: Sly 3
6: Mario Sunshine
5: Crash 3
4: Conker's BFD
3: Paper Mario: TTYD
2: Spyro 2
1: Pokemon Crystal

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Jak II: Renegade - Big, open city? Check. External levels to offer maximum variation? Check. Carjacking, weapons, puzzles, platforming, mini-games, a hoverboard and tons of humor while still offering a challenge? Big. Freakin'. Check.

Ratchet & Clank 2 - Thanks to a new strafing mechanic, some RPG-elements and (in my opinion) the best weapons and levels; this one still remains my favorite R&C title up to date.

Spyro: Gateway to Glimmer (or Ripto's Rage, for you Americana people) - My first PS game *tear of nostalgia*

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Probably one of the best sequels ever. The original SH had a great story with equally great characters, accompanied by a soundtrack that has achieved cult status. Sadly, the gameplay didn't have much to offer (except for the Judgement Ring mechanic) and the graphics downright sucked. This sequel kept all the good points and fixed all the bad ones, resulting in one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (or Nocturne, again, for you USA-folks) - I remember the European reviews of this game all saying something down the line of "...like Pokémon". No. Just, no. The first Megaten game was released in 1987, the first Pokémon game was released in 1996. So Pokémon is like Megami Tensei, not the other way around. And personally, I like the Megaten series better than Pokémon. Why? Better monster designs. Better music. Better story. More mature. No bullshit with "pokéballs", you want someone in your team, you go up and ask him/her. Fusions and sacrificial fusions to create new demons. Not limited to 4 moves for each creature. Actual evolution in gameplay mechanics over the years. Etc.

Final Fantasy IX - You could write a book about why I think FF IX is a really, really good game. From the strong female characters to the amazingly inspiring fantasy world that would even make Tolkien's jaw drop. From the surprisingly heavy story to the deviously catchy soundtrack.

Chrono Trigger - Non-linear time-traveling in an RPG? Yes please.

Legend of Legaia - A gem time has forgotten. The graphics aren't up to scratch and the dialogue isn't always up to scratch, but it manages to create a unique, solid world with a strong storyline and an interesting gameplay mechanic. From the atmosphere to the combat, from the monster design to the music, it really succeeds in setting itself apart.

Xenoblade Chronicles - The reason I bought a Wii, do I need to say more?

Okami - Think "Zelda", but better.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
In no real order and to the best of my current memory:
Disgaea 3&4
Pokemon Black
Sonic Generations
Sonic Adventure
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (Unlike most with symphonia, radiant mythology was my first Tales of Game)
Persona 3&4
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Special Mentions
Tales of Graces f (Great innovative gameplay, but the story didn't quite do it for me like with most other tales games)
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Tales of Symphonia
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess
Minecraft

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
I think all of mine have been mentioned already, but eh, strength in numbers - add to the glut.

LoZ: Majora's Mask
Knights of the Old Republic
Donkey Kong Country
Hit Man: Blood Money
Deus Ex
Skyrim
Chrono Trigger
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Shadow of the Colossus
Super Mario Bros. 3

Honourable mention to the Portal games. Expertly built, incredibly good, but without the personal impact on myself.

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
This list is in a very loose order:
1. Timesplitters 2 (only one with a specific spot on the list)
2. Guilty Gear X2 Accent core
3. Team Fortress 2
4. Fallout New Vegas (come at me fallout 3 fanboys)
5. Blazblue (series)
6. Capcom vs SNK 2
7. Devil May Cry 3 (I'm apparently not the only one who likes this a lot)
8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
9. Crash Bandicoot 3
10. Duke Nukem 3D

My list is never very concrete so certain games are on sometimes and other times they're off.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
In no particular order:

Pokemon Gold

Final Fantasy VIII

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 1

Call of Duty 4

Metal Gear Solid 4

God of War 3

Dog's Life (not a very good game, but I had some of the best conversations ever with my friend while playing that game)

Uncharted Series (if I had to pick one, I guess it would be Uncharted 3)

Slender (Only because of the sheer screams of terror this game elicited from my friend. Funniest thing I've heard in a while)

EDIT: Honourable Mentions: Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Mass Effect 2 & 3.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Not in any order,

Mass Effect 2
Skyrim
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout 3
Xcom: UFO Defense
Xcom: Terror from the Deep
Civilization IV
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gears of War 3

Grivahri

Mar 26, 2012
1. Knights of the Old Republic
2. Mass Effect
3. Mass Effect 3
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
6. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
7. Knights of the Old Republic II
8. Assassins Creed II
9. Batman Arkham Asylum
10. LA Noire

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
1. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn*
2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl*
3. Planescape: Torment
4. Half-Life 2*
5. Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors*
6. Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess**
8. Banjo-Kazooie*
9. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest*
10. Super Mario Bros. 3**

* denotes that title in particular, but also all the others in the series
** denotes that title in particular, but also SOME of the others in the series - there are some I did NOT enjoy.

gunny1993

Jun 26, 2012
1: Half Life 2
2: Nightmare House
3: Portal 1/2
4. Shogun Total War 2
5. Psyconauts
6. Halo
7. KOTOR
8. ME 2
9. Borderlands
10. Amnesia

Feb 22, 2009
1. GTA IV
2. Mass Effect
3. Metal Gear Solid... oh, I can't decide which, 2, 3 and 4 are all incredible.
4. Beyond Good and Evil
5. The Witcher 2
6. Portal
7. The Secret of Monkey Island
8. Assassin's Creed II
9. Shadow of the Colossus
10. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (purely because I loved the storyline so much, the gameplay in that is nowhere near 'best game ever' standards)