Top 5 Favorite Bioware Characters

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I could easily fill this list with nothing but ME2 characters... but I won't.

Tali'zorah Vas'Normandy
Anders (DA2, Never played Awakening)
Alistair
Zevran
Garrus Vakarian

I also love Merrill from DA2, but yeah.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
What a cruel question! How am I supposed to choose!?

I'll give it a shot though....

1) Garrus
2) HK47
3) Legion
4) Alistar
5) Hammerhead VI from Project Overlord - Reason: "Analysis - Defenceless herbivores no match for guided missiles"

evilomega13

Aug 20, 2008
1: HK-47. "Interjection: Silence Meatbags!". That one quote made up my mind on whether to get ToR.
2: Legion from ME2. I absolutely love him/it
3: Archangel in ME2. Come on, he's Space Batman!
4: Tali from the ME series. She's just...awesome.
5: Sten from Dragon Age: Origins. I...don't really know why. It's just how much of a massive deadpan snarker he is.

Honourable Mentions: All the other ME party members bar the human ones, the Dog, Morrigan Shale from Dragon Age Origins, and Jolee Bindo from Knights of the Old Republic.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Morrigan - I hated BioWare until they released Witch Hunt. Never do that to me again, Bioware. Never

Alistair - I would go gay for him but he wouldn't do the same.

Tali - Forbidden fruit is the best amirite?

And that's all folks.

TyrunnAlberyn

Apr 1, 2010
5. Aribeth de Tylmarande from Neverwinter Nights, but then, in my case, specifically as she appears in the expansion Hordes of the Underdark. Okay, I realise not many people are going to appreciate this, because she's not exactly the funniest or probably even the deepest character of all the Bioware characters. But boy, am I a sucker for redheads with issues =P.

4. The Black Whirlwind, Jade Empire. He's crazy, and fun. Crazy fun is good.

3. Merrill, Dragon Age 2. God, that accent... I think I'm moving to Wales ;). Anyway, she's also got a nice backstory going on with her naive behaviour and the demons in her past.

2. Jolee Bindo, Knights of the Old Republic. I'm sorry, but how can you not like the middle of the road dude, who manages to stay sarcastic all the way.

1. Liara T'soni, ME1 and ME2-Lair of the Shadow Broker. I must admit, she gets this spot more for her role in Lair of the Shadow Broker than for her presence in ME1. While in the original game she's a fairly shallow "Oh, I'm such an innocent scientist person, who happens to know a lot of things about things, but not about social situations"-romance option, in Lair of the Shadow Broker she manages to (have) grow(n) up a lot in a lot of ways. Truly, her story arc improved with this expansion.

PPB

May 25, 2009
1. HK-47 (KotOR)
2. Minsc & Boo (BG1-2)
3. Jan Jansen (BG2)
4. Jolee Bindo (KotOR)
5. Mordin Solus (ME2)

Jan Jansen is probably the most controversial one in my top 5, but I just can't help it. Awesome gnome that likes turnips is win.

Honourable mention for Merrill. I'm not done with DA2 and I'm not willing to include any character from that game until I have the big picture. So far though, that voice with the big round eyes and innocent one-liners? She's the kind of character you just want to hug.

IncredibleTurnip

Feb 27, 2011
1: Imoen: Ha ha! Oh, come on, Aerie! Lighten up, willya? I'll tell ya what, if I have any desires to murder you in the middle of the night, you'll be the first to know, okay?

2: Jolee Bindo: I did it all for the Wookiees.

3: Alistar: That's what I'm here for. To deliver unpleasant news and witty one-liners.

4: Tali: Yes, it's a pity that most of the technology I had planned to bring back to the Flotilla has subsequently tried to kill us.

5: Grunt: I would never stab you in the back, Shepard. Military like you and me? Straight to the face.... Kidding! Kidding!

Honorable mention: Aerie, the non-verbally abusive romance option in BG2. Jack, one of the few characters that dislikes Miranda as much as they all should. T3-M4, because... just because...

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Alistair. I can't really make a top five, because there are so many amazing characters, so I'll just name my favorite.

My female Hawke gets a special mention for being hot to the level of ridiculous.

Dmatix

Feb 3, 2009
Irenicus is to this day my favorite villian in any game. I think its his voice that tips the scale, its just so awesome.
Beside him, the BG series takes most of my top 5, with Minsc,Jan Janson and Imoen. HK47 from Kotor wraps it up.

SuperRobot64

Mar 22, 2010
HK-47
Mordin Solus
Darth Revan
Garrus Vakarian
Illusive Man
Saren Arterius
Legion
Jolee Bindo
Too many great characters... system overload... error... CTRL ALT DELETE.......... BOOM!

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
1. Morrigan
2. Shale
3. Revan (when played as a Sith)
4. Joker
5 (tie): Mordin Solus / HK-47

GeekFury

Aug 20, 2009
1. Linu La'neral - Neverwinter Nights, gotta love that clumsy flirtasious elf cleric.

2. Morrigan - Dragon Age: Origins, because she's such a ***** and I agree with most of what she says.

3. HK-47 - Knights of the Old Republic, (Answer) Because he is a robot, meatbags.

4. Sigrun - Dragon Age: Origins: Awekening - Because she's a dwarf!

5. Dorna Trapspringer - Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, another dwarf!

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Xaio30 said:
Beholder in the sahuagin city
He's probably one of my favourite NPC's of all time. :'D Everything he said was hilarious.

Littaly said:
I thought I was the only one who could even stand Xan, glad to see I'm not alone ^^ Massive shame that he wasn't in Baldur's Gate 2, not even a cameo :-/
*cough*Mod*cough*. I don't remember where I found it but it was pretty well-made; the voice was re-done but the writing was great. He even had personal quests and everything.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
1. Boo
2. Boo
3. Boo
4. Boo
5. Boo

I believe the only characters I didn't like were in DA 2, that's about it, I enjoyed most if not, all of BioWare cast of characters.

moosek

Nov 5, 2009
5. Tali. Cute nerd girl.
4. Canderous Ordo. He's what happens when an 80's action hero makes it to middle/old age.
3. Garrus. Not exactly badass incarnate, but I thought his revenge stories were cool.
2. HK-47. He was a loyal, but disturbed robotic companion.
1. Revan. What the hell?! I'm Revan!