Torment: Tides of Numenera has Finally Gotten an Official Release Date

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Torment: Tides of Numenera has Finally Gotten an Official Release Date

InXile has announced just when we can expect a full release of Torment: Tides of Numenera next year.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was successfully funded on Kickstarter all the way back in March 2013, with a planned release date of December 2014. Due to the enormous success of the campaign, (between Kickstarter and website funding, the game raised about $5 million) a number of stretch goals were added. Those led to the game being postponed a few months, and was followed by several subsequent delays. Backers of the upcoming title will be happy to hear that as of this morning, we finally know when the game will officially release.

In a press release, InXile announced that Torment: Tides of Numenera will officially release on February 28, 2017. The news comes alongside a new trailer that doesn't feature thegame, but does show off the "Day One" Edition. Here's the trailer:

The "Day One" Edition will include:

Game box and disc
Original Soundtrack CD
100-page digital Traveler's Guide
Printed Map of the Ninth World
Exclusive in-game armor

In addition, those who pre-order the game will receive an exclusive Steelbook case to store their discs in.

The official description of the game reads, "Torment: Tides of Numenera is set one billion years in the future, using the science-fantasy setting created by pen and paper RPG luminary, Monty Cook. Players will experience a game of intricate choices and consequences with thousands of meaningful decisions that will make every playthrough unique." You can find out more about Torment: Tides of Numenera over on the game's official website [http://tormentgame.com/].

[gallery=6670]

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Oh, this is great! I played a very early version and liked that a lot. Then there was a pretty big patch and I had to replay the intro again, realized very big chunks were changed (and not yet voiced) and decided to wait for the final release.

Thinking about buying the game again for the PS4, but if Wasteland 2 has taught me anything, it's that its highest font setting is not enough for me. No point in buying Numenara again if I can't see the text.