Total War Warhammer and Overwatch Release Day Discounts

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Total War Warhammer and Overwatch Release Day Discounts

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4 Download) - $24.99.
List is $50.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from weekly [http://www.dealzon.com] for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
wait you have to pay for Overwatch and Battleborn? I thought they were just team fortress 2 or LOL wannabees that get their money through selling skins

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
iblis666 said:
wait you have to pay for Overwatch and Battleborn? I thought they were just team fortress 2 or LOL wannabees that get their money through selling skins
With OW you can buy loot boxes that contain cosmetics or just unlock them during gameplay. I think it's a similar deal with Battleborn but I hadn't followed it nearly as closely. I can't help but to laugh that Battleborn went on sale for over half off right when OW launched.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
iblis666 said:
TF2 was pay to play for many years with a cash shop at the same time. Overwatch being pay to play isn't really surprising. Battleborn on the other hand is a $60 MOBA ($80 here in Canada) with a $20 season pass. Battleborn also only has 6 heroes playable out of the 25. The rest are locked behind challenges or just grinding levels.

Battleborn should have been either free or cheaper than full price. Its pulling Evolve style mistakes.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I have read some of the reviews for Total Warhammer. While most say it's very fun, they also say it lacks depth.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
008Zulu said:
I have read some of the reviews for Total Warhammer. While most say it's very fun, they also say it lacks depth.
Yeah I can second that. The campaign is about as deep as the last ones were. I would say a little less then shogun, though the individual race-mechanics certainly add a nice flair to it and make it a bit more interesting.
They finally managed to do a good job with the AI though. Without a doubt the best battle-AI I had ever had in a Total War game. The armies coordinate well with reinforcements on the battlefield and try to flank you troops with skirmishers and cavalry and they do that fairly well.
I even had one siege battle were the AI managed to capture my flag by sneakily attacking another wall while I was occupied elsewhere. Granted that was more because I didn't relealise that the town towers would only give me sight and shoot when I had units stationed nearby, but it's still way more impressive than any other TW AI. So I can recommend it if your mostly in it for the battles. If not, then why are you not playing CK2 or Eu4. TW has never really been THAT deep on the campaign map.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
weirdly all the crash to desktop issues i was having with warhammer seem to of been solved with reducing unit sizes from ultra to large. no idea why it works but the game has been rock solid stable since i did that.

i second the comment about the battle AI. its a sneaky sod now and you really have to take advantage of pause to keep an eye on things. so far im slowly fighting back the chaos hordes as the vampire counts, helps that regions friendly to undead are also toxic to everything else including undead