TotalBiscuit is Speaking at Escapist Expo 2013!

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Racecarlock said:
Presumably he'll spend ten minutes commenting on the graphics options of the table and then blandly explain the room with barely any jokes.
Because every online personality has to sit there and entertain you with crude humor and any number of varying hyperbole of opinions for comedic effect and exaggeration.

EVERY

ONE OF THEM.

OT:
Hope it's recorded. I'm not really a fan of TB's but his videos do give me a fairly solid preview of games that I may or may not get. His meshing with the Escapist people may end up fairly entertaining.

captcha:
she loves him

Who, Susan? She loves him?

I DON'T KNOOOOW CAPPPTCHHHAAAA...

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Gotta say, I love me some Total Biscuit. I really hope his bit gets recorded.

Wish I could make it in person. NEXT YEAR!

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Dead Century said:
Eh. Colour me unimpressed. Never did like TotalBiscuit or his attitude. Too much snark. Also, his PC elitism is fairly off-putting.
He mostly covers PC games, I have yet to see him attack consoles or console gaming in any way. Ill considered comments like yours are what I find off-putting.

He is one of the smartest guys doing Youtube gaming content today.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
*yawn* Wake me up when you get Matt and Pat from Two Best Friends.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
ritchards said:
Quiotu said:
Fappy said:
Imagine if Yahtzee, Jim Sterling and TotalBiscuit all sat for a panel. I believe the cynicism would be dense enough to create a singularity that would pull in all other cynicism from a very large radius. A cynical event horizon of a sort. It would be glorious.
According to a tweet from Yahtzee... that's happening!
I don't really like his attitude and I can't STAND his weird Ringo Starr-esque voice, but tempered by two other people whom I do like, you can colour me interested.

At least he gives exposure to some fantastic indie games.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
*yawn* Wake me up when you get Matt and Pat from Two Best Friends.
Y U no Woolie?

I can hardly consider them as just Matt & Pat now, I've been binging pretty solidly on their podcast.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Dead Century said:
Eh. Colour me unimpressed. Never did like TotalBiscuit or his attitude. Too much snark. Also, his PC elitism is fairly off-putting.
I like his snark, especially on live things like the TGS (now Co-Optional) Podcast. I'm fairly sure he's not quite the same in real life as his online persona also.

As a PC Gamer I appreciate his stance on many things regarding the PC. He rarely comes across as outright elitist, merely as an enthusiastic advocate of the platform, and his support for indie devs and their games. We need more people like him.

He's also spoken at length about consoles in some of his videos. Much of it is fairly positive.

I just wish I was in the US, and closer to the Expo.

It would be amazing to see TB, Jim Sterling and Yahtzee all at the same event :)

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Makes sense as he lives in Carolina so he is not a million miles from the Expo.

Looking forward to all his panels but the one with him and Yahtzee should be interesting to say the least.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Alfador_VII said:
Dead Century said:
I like his snark, especially on live things like the TGS (now Co-Optional) Podcast. I'm fairly sure he's not quite the same in real life as his online persona also.
Jesse Cox has basically said the same thing more than once.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Fappy said:
TotalBiscuit is coming? Damn, sucks Susan isn't around anymore. I'd love to see them get into a huge debate at the Expo. They don't seem to get a long XD
Going by what others have said on this thread, I think I must have missed a fairly epic exchange. Any links?
Here.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.404997-TotalBiscuits-very-strange-behavior-in-this-Vlog-video
There's the thread.
And here's Susan's post.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.404997-TotalBiscuits-very-strange-behavior-in-this-Vlog-video?page=3#16804269
TotalBiscuit's post about Susan's post.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.404997-TotalBiscuits-very-strange-behavior-in-this-Vlog-video?page=5#16838285
Amir Kondori said:
Dead Century said:
He mostly covers PC games, I have yet to see him attack consoles or console gaming in any way. Ill considered comments like yours are what I find off-putting.

Chill. I've really got nothing against the man. Well, except I don't enjoy his persona and disagree with his stance on used games.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Dead Century said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Fappy said:
TotalBiscuit is coming? Damn, sucks Susan isn't around anymore. I'd love to see them get into a huge debate at the Expo. They don't seem to get a long XD
Going by what others have said on this thread, I think I must have missed a fairly epic exchange. Any links?
Here.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.404997-TotalBiscuits-very-strange-behavior-in-this-Vlog-video
There's the thread.
And here's Susan's post.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.404997-TotalBiscuits-very-strange-behavior-in-this-Vlog-video?page=3#16804269
TotalBiscuit's post about Susan's post.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.404997-TotalBiscuits-very-strange-behavior-in-this-Vlog-video?page=5#16838285
Amir Kondori said:
Dead Century said:

Chill. I've really got nothing against the man. Well, except I don't enjoy his persona and disagree with his stance on used games.
Don't tell me to chill.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
Dead Century said:
I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand his attitude.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
Amir Kondori said:
Dead Century said:

He may not attack consoles directly, but he always (at least back when I used to watch him) always make comments that may not seem like insults to some people on the surface. He talks as if PC is the only thing that matters, and that consoles are inferior in every way. There is just something about his tone of voice, and the way how he can spend minutes on to the most frivolous topics in every video he makes that makes him just unlikable to me.

Also, I wouldn't call him all that smart. All he does is spout spec numbers and frame rates the entire video whenever he is talking about a specific game, and the rest of the time he talks like an entitled PC gamer. He may raise a good point every know and again, but he usually just complains how a game is not optimized for a pc port, or how every game in the history of ever isn't open world. Usually, whenever someone calls a commentator smart that is because they share a similar opinion to that commentator, and likes hearing their own opinion coming from someone else.

Despite how it seems I'm not "attacking" pc gamers. I am simply stating my distaste for Total Biscuit's attitude and how he does his videos. Also, that last sentence isn't there to insult you. It is simply an observation I have made from many other people.

I've included everything I can think of. I just want to say now that I have no intention of responding to anyone who reply's to this post. I just felt like getting my opinion on the matter out there. Recently, whenever I would reply to people on these forums it is a one way conversation. Simply put, everyone already has their minds made up on the matter. I've seen, when someone makes a valid point, the other person simply ignores that section or still talks like the other person is wrong.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Congrats to the TB fans that are happy to see him. I don'y like him(his attacks on used games and consoles. I believe his videos on lesser known games can hurt a games sales if its just a genre he doesn't like. Plus his fans act like his word is absolute law to the point where if they go "Totalbiscuit says..." Your argument is dead to me.)

edgecult

May 4, 2011
I like TB personally and would love to see him jim and yahtzee talk together. (If they got him in on the "Hour of love" panel I might actually choke and die on my own laughter... Actually are they doing that again? That was the little bit of the escapist expo I watched on here more than once...) but yeah his hyper fanboys.. and anti? fans.. scare the hell out of me. I've never seen one personality generate so much negative love and pure hatred at the same time... makes me really interesting in that cult panel as well.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
VasileD said:
Racecarlock said:
Presumably he'll spend ten minutes commenting on the graphics options of the table and then blandly explain the room with barely any jokes.
Well he is more of a PC-game critic, not all around gaming comedian, so it sorta falls under his general responsibilities to review graphics options and the "jokes" part is just something he occasionally does, not really his thing. Not every English-speaking game reviewer with an accent has to do the same thing as Yahtzee you know.
I know. I just wish I could find a yahtzee style let's play channel that does playthroughs of games more recent than the early 90's. Old adventure games are nice, but I'm looking for critiques of modern games as they're being played with lots of funny jokes.

Thank goodness I found nerdcubed.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Really not a fan of the guy. Comes off as very... what's the word... whiny. I can stomach Yahtzee, as I feel like he makes good points even if I don't agree, and he's pretty funny, but I just can't say the same for TB.

But hey, to each their own! I seem to be in the minority here, so enjoy. Seems like it was a good decision to book him.

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
RaikuFA said:
Congrats to the TB fans that are happy to see him. I don'y like him(his attacks on used games and consoles. I believe his videos on lesser known games can hurt a games sales if its just a genre he doesn't like. Plus his fans act like his word is absolute law to the point where if they go "Totalbiscuit says..." Your argument is dead to me.)
I would love to see any evidence of a game, even terrible ones, seeing dips in sales after TB does a video on them. The only genres TB doesn't like are puzzle games and platformers. Even then he tries to balance his opinion and give the viewer enough information to judge for themselves.

Also, he doesn't "attack used games and consoles". He has a stance on used games, one that makes perfect sense with his PC background. He's never once falsely criticized a console, and has occasionally streamed console games as well as talk about them on his podcast. Most of the time he simply states facts and then gives his opinion, he doesn't unfairly judge consoles.

Forobryt

Dec 14, 2012
Cant say id care anymore (if i was actually coming to the expo).

I did used to enjoy his videos until the time he paid a lot of money for new equipment and tickets to a convention, had very few views and then moaned in several videos about how noone watched. Him of course forgetting most people watch him to see about games that are either out or coming very soon, not pipedream games and systems that are atleast a year away from completion.
So he complained that he spent alot of money on things his fanbase had shown very little interest in and wondered why they then didnt watch those videos.

But of course opinions are opinions so hope he makes the expo more awesome, even if he is just an arguement sounding board for some of the other panels.

Demandred20

Apr 13, 2013
Forobryt said:
Cant say id care anymore (if i was actually coming to the expo).

I did used to enjoy his videos until the time he paid a lot of money for new equipment and tickets to a convention, had very few views and then moaned in several videos about how noone watched. Him of course forgetting most people watch him to see about games that are either out or coming very soon, not pipedream games and systems that are atleast a year away from completion.
So he complained that he spent alot of money on things his fanbase had shown very little interest in and wondered why they then didnt watch those videos.

But of course opinions are opinions so hope he makes the expo more awesome, even if he is just an arguement sounding board for some of the other panels.
Yeah those vids he did afterwards was pretty fail and the moaning almost made me cancel the subscription but he turned around and asked like a mature person what they´d like to see instead from the next expo he went to and got a lot of good answers and meaningful communication. And who would have thunk it, it worked.

Also if console gamers think he should stop being "elitist" which most likely boils down him explaining once every vid or so that he doesnt care for the console platform and wont do stuff for it in most cases. Then perhaps people should stop spamming him with requests for him to do console stuff.

Though I do agree that he could stop advertising his dual Titans a bit. Yeah we get that you have a monster rig. :)