Toy Soldiers: Cold War Review

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Toy Soldiers: Cold War Review

Relax, Mr. Gorbachev. I?ll take care of this wall.

Read Full Article

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
I love the idea of Toy Soldiers, it's like Toy Story : War Edition. Or something like that, it would be awesome.

Just to be picky and 'all, but I hope to be educational here. Too quote the video "Don't get me wrong, I love bi-planes," but you're actually showing a Fokker Tri-plane. Which, as the name suggests, is a tri-plane. As in "Triple Wing," which has three wings. Bi-planes have two wings. Being very picky here, just had to point it out.

Monoplane = 1-wing as in Mustang.
Biplane = 2-wing as in Sopwith Camel
Triplane = 3-wing as in Fokker Triplane.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
It sounds like Sarge's Heroes 2: Electric Boogaloo to be perfectly honest.

Definitely not one I'll be picking up.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I love this game just as much, if not more, than the last one.

And whilst commando is fun, it's nothing compared to the COD-lampooning AC-130. "Watch that plastic fly!"

And the mullet just isn't as awesome as the pilot jacket, which my avatar now sports along with some shiny shades. Now all I need is a gamerpic background with a huge explosion in it.

My only complaint is that it's a little too easy, a vast contrast to the last game, which was evil incarnate difficulty wise.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
All this has made me do is want to play the original Operation Flashpoint again.
Stupid Cold War fantasies.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Only game close to this I've played is... Army Men 3D (or something like that)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
now if the damn games would only come out for the pc

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
"And you can unlock a mullet for your XBOX Avatar. A fucking Mullet." - Laughed so hard I spread my breakfast over the keyboard.

"This one's for Jimmy!" -Giggles-

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
vrbtny said:
I love the idea of Toy Soldiers, it's like Toy Story : War Edition. Or something like that, it would be awesome.

Just to be picky and 'all, but I hope to be educational here. Too quote the video "Don't get me wrong, I love bi-planes," but you're actually showing a Fokker Tri-plane. Which, as the name suggests, is a tri-plane. As in "Triple Wing," which has three wings. Bi-planes have two wings. Being very picky here, just had to point it out.

Monoplane = 1-wing as in Mustang.
Biplane = 2-wing as in Sopwith Camel
Triplane = 3-wing as in Fokker Triplane.
Hey, stop being educational in our toy game, gawd.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
JaceArveduin said:
Only game close to this I've played is... Army Men 3D (or something like that)
I remember that game!

So the video won't load for me. I left the spinning circle thing go for about an hour and it's still not playing. Although it plays the advertisement fine of course.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Everyone is comparing this to those Army Men / Sarge's heroes games; I recall those being third person shooter/platformers. Maybe my memory is hazy of that era.

Steve Butts said:
Zetsubou-Sama said:
OMFG THE LILLINGTONS?

I LOVE YOU STEVE BUTTS <3

ahem....

I feel like playing this game.
Right?
Hey, no one word low content posts!

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
I also very much loved the army men series. great nostalgia there where you had to fight off the tan menace.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
ace_of_something said:
Everyone is comparing this to those Army Men / Sarge's heroes games; I recall those being third person shooter/platformers. Maybe my memory is hazy of that era.
Most army men games were shooters, but there was at least one isometric slightly squad based one, Toys in Space.

And of course this is being compared to army men games, its the exact same premise just with a tower defence game.

And I've always been sad that the Army Men games went all out as kids games, i think the franchise could be the perfect for games that can be as violent as they want, without gore resulting in the usual "think of the children" BS.