Toy Story 4 Coming 2017

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Well, it's a good thing I stopped caring that much about Pixar around the time Cars 2 came out. It was inevitable that they would circle the drain of mediocrity, I had just hoped it wouldn't be this soon. I'm just glad we have main Disney to look to for great movies again, can't wait to go see Big Hero 6.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
And now, my impression of Pixar:

Seriously, Toy Story 3 gave us a VERY satisfying conclusion. No more. Move onto something else.
Give us Wall-e 2. >.>

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Mahorfeus said:
Not that I doubt that this can be good, but... Why?

Pixar seems to have this fixation on sequels as of late, when it used to do just great by releasing original works.
It's funny that Pixar's fixation on sequels roughly coincided with their full-fledged aqcuisition by Disney. It's almost as if someone was telling them to take the easy road to monster profitability rather than always taking an enormous risk on new IP on every film they made. Which is double funny because Disney Animation Studios has been doing the exact opposite since that time, under the leadership of Pixar execs Lasseter and Catmull, and has been reaping the rewards of giant hit after giant hit. Hmmm...

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Seems a little unnecessary, but I doubt that will stop them... (also, a possible sequel to The Incredibles? You have my attention.)

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
For a series that is, at it's core, about the inevitability of death this series just wont die.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Fappy said:
Fuck this. The third movie had the best ending they could ever hope for. I hate Hollywood :/
Same. That series had absolutely no need for a continuation. But because it's a family film that was popular, parents will take their kids to it over and over again, so it'll turn a profit, so there'll be a fifth and possibly a sixth. And I'll just be here in the basement, sighing.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
No... no... no.... no.

(The above sentence is what I said aloud when reading this article.)

Well, it appears Pixar is dead. Disney have managed to transition their internal studio into making great computer animated hits(Frozen, Wreck-it-Ralph, Tangled) leaving Pixar to live on by nostalgia.

Actually, that's a bit harsh. But it looks like that's the way things are heading, in their last three movies (Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University) they weren't at their A-game.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
No...

Just no, Pixar. This didn't need to be made. I could see a Finding Nemo 2, or an Incredibles 2, but TS3 was perfect. You don't need a 4th one. Though I am looking forward to Inside out.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
CrazyGirl17 said:
Seems a little unnecessary, but I doubt that will stop them... (also, a possible sequel to The Incredibles? You have my attention.)
That was confirmed earlier this year (Along with Cars 3, sadly). And late last year they announced a Sequel for Finding Nemo that focuses on Dory, which should come out Next year (Or the year after).

BigTuk said:
Problem is.. all the toy story movies had a point to them and the progression made sense. We saw Andy growing up and the Toy's slowly coming to grips with what that meant. The Third film was a perfect end. This is basically the sort of souless milking that runs good franchises into the ground.
While I agree that the Third Film was a masterpiece, and the absolute perfect way to end the Toy Story franchise, there are still more places they can go with the Toy Story series. Toy Story of Terror last year proved that to be true. It wouldn't surprise me that the only reason they're Doing Toy Story 4 is because an Amazing Idea occurred to them while working on one of these TV or Theatrical Specials (They're making a New TV Special this year).

And we can't tell if this is "Soulless Milking" or not, because everyone involved in Toy Story 3 (The Actors, the Directors, Animators, Etc.) absolutely wanted a Toy Story 4, and the only ones that didn't want it are us the Fans. Who knows? Maybe they can create something equal to or even better then 3. Give them a chance before you diss it!

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
another one? how much more are they going to milk the series?.. it's over, it done.. everything was resolved.. having yet another movie makes the ending to the third one seem pointless... then again this is Disney and Pixar... the masters of milking franchises out til there's nothing left and still trying to get more milk from the dead cow

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Pixar was the only company in its time to prove that standalone films were bigger hits and classics than franchises. And now we've lost them to the bowels of Hollywood cash cows.

Not that I'm saying Toy Story 4 won't be good, but there is meaning behind the phrase "if it works, let it be".

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
This is why we can't have nice things.

At least they announced they're making an Incredibles 2 [http://time.com/29389/incredibles-2-disney-brad-bird/] last year.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Wow. Does anyone else remember when Toy Story 2 was the exception to the rule that Pixar did not do sequels? In fact, that was one of their distinguishing characteristics as an animation studio. This is just so strange.

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
I hope the sequel fails miserably. Hollywood might as well create a new shrek while they're at it.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
*sighs* And both Disney and Hollywood show us why it's not possible for them to have nice things. For the same reason you can't give a toddler a china doll; they're too dumb to understand when to stop playing with it and will play with something till it breaks.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Bedinsis said:
Actually, that's a bit harsh. But it looks like that's the way things are heading, in their last three movies (Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University) they weren't at their A-game.
Funny I quite enjoyed those movies. That said I agree a TS4 feels like a money grab and I don't know how they could pull it off well, rather concerned to be honest.