Trademarks and Logos Pop Up for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Trademarks and Logos Pop Up for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1288/1288353.pngPermalink[/B]

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'll hold the dozen gifs I have lined up for if they announce this for tomorrow. Cause this sounds like a new generation game and I'm all over that.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I have a feeling this is fake. There's no way they're going to introduce a new pokedex while celebrating the initial one.

Edit: FUCK!

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Aerosteam said:
I have a feeling this is fake. There's no way they're going to introduce a new pokedex while celebrating the initial one.
They already announced a new pokemon, Magearna.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magearna_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Elfgore said:
I'll hold the dozen gifs I have lined up for if they announce this for tomorrow. Cause this sounds like a new generation game and I'm all over that.
They make it New!3DS exclusive.

If they do that I have several sad Jeb Bush memes lined up if that's going to be what happens.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Pokemon is the only series that can make me excited for more work, I haven't even finished catching em all yet[footnote]I'm at like 634 or something[/footnote], but bring on the critters!

(also no more dragon or psychic legendaries, lets stop with this nonsense and give me a damn dragon eevee already)

Josh123914 said:
Please god no, that will hold me for some time, if not throw me off the train completely. My brain has a hard time recognizing the New 3DS as a separate console and not just another of a few updates to the 3DS.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Take it with a grain of salt, I say, until we hear from Nintendo, Pokemon Team, Game Freak or whatever official source is calling the shots these days.

That said, I'm up for a new Pokemon game. Omega Ruby was nice and all, but I generally didn't like Hoenn as much as Kalos or Black 2/White 2's version of Unova.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Aerosteam said:

I really meant an entire new pokedex (let's say around 100 new pokemon), which would come with a new generation of games. And they've been revealing 1-2 pokemon in the the next generation while still sticking with the current one a few times now. Togepi and Ho-oh was a thing before Gold and Silver and Munchlax was featured in multiple games before Diamond and Pearl.

So basically what I'm saying is that Magearna is just a taster, and we won't be getting much about the 8th of Pokemon until much later, at least not until after Pokemon Z. (I hope to fucking Arceus I'm correct on this).

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Aerosteam said:
RaikuFA said:
Aerosteam said:

I really meant an entire new pokedex (let's say around 100 new pokemon), which would come with a new generation of games. And they've been revealing 1-2 pokemon in the the next generation while still sticking with the current one a few times now. Togepi and Ho-oh was a thing before Gold and Silver and Munchlax was featured in multiple games before Diamond and Pearl.

So basically what I'm saying is that Magearna is just a taster, and we won't be getting much about the 8th of Pokemon until much later, at least not until after Pokemon Z. (I hope to fucking Arceus I'm correct on this).
I think Z will hit in the spring while gen 7 will hit around the holidays.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
So it sounds like a new generation over a third game of X and Y. Which is kind of sad. Kalos could have used a second go. An improved story, the ORAS changes added. Maybe it was just easier to add all the ORAS stuff into a new game over an existing frame.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Josh123914 said:
Elfgore said:

If they do that I have several sad Jeb Bush memes lined up if that's going to be what happens.
I will be so pissed off if they do that. I was fine buying a 3DS for X and Y, cause that was actually different from the original DS. The New 3DS is just the exact same thing slightly better. Even a Pokemon game isn't worth the price of that.

Great, now I'm worried it will be a New 3DS exclusive cause I could see Nintendo pulling that.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This seems really appropriate to link here.
Because sun and moon.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
They need to finally add NG+ for after you beat the Elite Four. Either that, or give us more than one save slot.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah I saw this hours ago from my Pokemon fan mate. Man she has been sending me links of possible Pokemon leak recently (there is this "rainbow" list thing going on) and getting excited over it!

Kinda ironic how I used to act like that but at the moment I'm just shrug over the recent news (I rather wait for some REAL information to get any hyped for Pokemon).

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
It's fake, my reasons being thus:
1) Game Freak have never had two new Pokemon games on one console, so unless Nintendo wants to extend the lifespan of the 3DS or are making it a New! exclusive they have no reason to start.
2) Those logos look pretty dodgy to me. The word Pokemon looks a bit lower res than the rest of it.
3) It's a parody account.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Elfgore said:
Great, now I'm worried it will be a New 3DS exclusive cause I could see Nintendo pulling that.
Yeah, thing I find pretty sad is that not a single person I've suggested this to has ever refuted it. I mean they always express how mad they'd be, but would never actually put it past Nintendo.
09philj said:
It's fake, my reasons being thus:
1) Game Freak have never had two new Pokemon games on one console, so unless Nintendo wants to extend the lifespan of the 3DS or are making it a New! exclusive they have no reason to start.
What are Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and Pokemon Black and White?

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I'm just curious as to what the 3rd version would/is going to be called.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
If this turns out to be true, I'm betting:
- You will end up starting in a village.
- Some old guy, probably related to you will ask your name and ask what gender you are.
- You will be given a choice between three starter Pokemon.
- You will travel to each town through the high grass and attack Pokemon with an arbitrary set of 4 moves which people in certain circles will dive down into theorycrafting the individual elements to min/max it.
- You will fight some really good group
- You will have some kind of rival, that will inevidably beat the good group before you, which you will subsequently have to fight said rival in the end game.

I really don't understand how Pokemon can actually persist after...20 fricken years?! Jeezus, we're putting Call of Duty, Halo and many other games on the cross, and Nintendo has been literally been copying Pokemon Red and Blue with new fresh paint on it for two decades, and people will still line up for days waiting for a new Pokemon game. Why is it that Nintendo is immune to any kind of criticism of non-innovation? Have we all just give up and said, "Oh, yeah, Nintendo is the non-innovator." I'd say that Nintendo has become the Madden of this generation, but I just looked it up and Madden is still being produced by EA. :p