Trailers: Aliens: Colonial Marines - Contact Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Contact Trailer

Leave it to Aliens to merge horror and action seamlessly.

Watch Video

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
wombat_of_war said:
DVS BSTrD said:
You think after the frist two movies (this is after the first two movies right?) Someone would have thought to add a goddamned visor to the marine uniform.
well its set just after aliens when the players unit is sent on a search and rescue of the uss sulaco so all the gear they would be issued is the same. but yeah i doubt even a visor of any description would help against either the acid or teeth
I think he was thinking of the facehuggers?

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
tehpiemaker said:
arcstone said:
wombat_of_war said:
DVS BSTrD said:
You think after the frist two movies (this is after the first two movies right?) Someone would have thought to add a goddamned visor to the marine uniform.
well its set just after aliens when the players unit is sent on a search and rescue of the uss sulaco so all the gear they would be issued is the same. but yeah i doubt even a visor of any description would help against either the acid or teeth
Well actually, if you watched the first movie, Alien, you would know that the first face hugger smashed his way through a visor and impregnated the man with a chest-burster.
Yeah, visors wouldn't really help that much.

Now night vision goggles and thermal imaging on the other hand...

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
TheNaut131 said:
tehpiemaker said:
arcstone said:
wombat_of_war said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Well actually, if you watched the first movie, Alien, you would know that the first face hugger smashed his way through a visor and impregnated the man with a chest-burster.
Yeah, visors wouldn't really help that much.

Thermal Imaging wouldn't do jack in finding an Alien if AVP 2 was any indication.

Night vision though? Yeah, that'd likely help alot.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
TheNaut131 said:
"Maybe they don't show up on Infrared at all"-Female Marine In ALIENS, just before she gets grabbed from behind.

Thermal Imagining probably doesn't help.

Danarok

Oct 19, 2008
Pretty cool-looking cinematic trailer. Somewhat reminiscent of the Dead Island trailer in style.
I'm ok with trailers not showing off any gameplay, as their purpose is purely marketing.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
The music in the trailer is from the movie Moon which was inspired in large parts by 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien.

Creative inbreeding much? :p

Whatever, I'm just finished watching Aliens and also from reviving an email confirming my pre-order copy has shipped.

It's very hard not to be super hyped. I just hope it's still a great game.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Music really kills the mood. I know 'ironic' music can be used for artistic affect. But this music just made the scenes look fun.

Also the shot with the man being faced to face with the Queen felt very Mass Effect 3y with the Reaper Asuri.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
I know the game is almost out and I don't need to be reminded anymore! Oh...sorry.

OT: The trailer looks good from a thematic standpoint and I really can't wait for this game. I even bought a plushie face-hugger to celebrate.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
THAT was a fantastic trailer! Except for that odd Wilhelm scream at the end. I'm officially eager to play this damn game after being so "meh" about it when I saw its first few trailers and news tidbits .

scw55 said:
Music really kills the mood. I know 'ironic' music can be used for artistic affect. But this music just made the scenes look fun.

Also the shot with the man being faced to face with the Queen felt very Mass Effect 3y with the Reaper Asuri.
The music made the trailer for me and I don't have any idea what you mean by "ironic" music.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Trailer was a little... underwhelming. They did a trailer almost identical to this one a few years back.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Sorry, I just had to stand back up after sliding on that SLICK trailer.

Why is it not fairly standard issue to wear a facemask when anywhere near anything along the lines of aliens, at the very least when yer on eggburning duty.

Regardless, looks cool.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
I thought all of the marines were being rather casual about the alien menace. Like the first marine that actually comes in contact with the aliens, who seems bored by the whole experience, and only picks up his gun after several seconds of disinterested staring.

Also, my captcha is ironically about a device that lets you skip commercials.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Chrono212 said:
The music in the trailer is from the movie Moon which was inspired in large parts by 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien.
Good catch. How did you know that one?

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
beefpelican said:
Chrono212 said:
Good catch. How did you know that one?
[HEADING=2]I am a god amongst nerds.[/HEADING]
Well, Duncan Jones, the director of Moon and son of David Bowie, said so himself that he was inspired by those classic science fiction movies and a particular style of music from aband I forget the name of.
Plus it's one of my favourite movies evar and the soundtrack is perfectly matched to the movie. So whenever it pops up in trailers now it kind of sticks out.