Trailers: Batman: Arkham City: Catwoman

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Looks very interesting. I'm one of the few that have so far not played Arkham Asylum, and I still can't make up my mind as to whether I should get it or not.

My interest in Batman only extends to the Nolan/Bale films, and occasional viewings of short gameplay clips.

Wise move aligning the Catwoman reveal with Nolan's reveal - seems both the game and the film are setting up "spin offs" within the universe, something I'm quite intrigued by.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
So... if I'm not looking at this wrong, she looks playable? Do I smell co-op?

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
Wait, Catwomen is actually playable in Arkham City? I haven't been following this game really; it wouldn't make any sense to advertise an occasional AI partner.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
Vrach said:
Hopefully, but I can't imagine a multiplayer feature being revealed this late in development.

...Then again, E3 is next week...

silversun101

Nov 12, 2009
Okay, yeah. Forget Batman. I want them to just make a Catwoman game now.

Vrach said:
If the info is correct, there will apparently be playable Catwoman sections. These sections are "optional" but expand Catwoman's side of the story and what she is doing in Arkham, and will be unlocked by the player discovering cats (or cat icons, I'm not quite sure) hidden throughout the game.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Aerograt said:
Vrach said:
Hopefully, but I can't imagine a multiplayer feature being revealed this late in development.

...Then again, E3 is next week...
I just don't see why, if you have two playable characters, you wouldn't include some form of co-op mode. It'd be sheer awesomeness watching Batman and Catwoman mopping up a room together :>

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
AwesomeNinjaPowers said:
Girl Power! XD

Though why oh why did they put her in heels?
Heels + Thugs Face = alotta hurt.

OT: I cannot wait for this game...when i heard 2 Faces's voice it sold me. And Cat women...well i would...just sayin =D

October...you are getting butt raped.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Hooray for male gaze! Also what's the name of that song that played during the montage? Gonna be humming it all day!

EDIT:

DekuDurden said:
Little bonus to the trailer in using Lykke Li's song "Get Some".
Oh, that's what it is. Thanks!

Slinker07

Jan 14, 2009
A huge plus for me that they used Lykke Li song to introduce catwomen. I really recommend checking out her two albums if anyone caught an intrest to the song in the trailer.

As for catwomen. Pretty cool. She looks awesome and the combat looks as it could be as fun as it was in Arkam asylum with a diffrent angel. I've have always thought catwomen was an intresting character and Michelle Pfeiffer made a great job as her in Batman Return. To bad Catwomens own movie became so dreadfully bad. But it didn't really stay true to it's source at all. It's a shame, the world really need a "superhero" movie with a female lead character. And there is enough potential in Catwomen to make really intresting stuff.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
I always have and still do view catwoman as the joke character. I can't get into such a skinny girl kicking that much ass physically.

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
Pseudonym2 said:
Notice how she can't fit into her costume, her cat burglar costume has no pockets, and she's doing acrobatics in high heels. I'm not a fan of the costume. It's embarrassingly pandering and makes embarrassed to be a guy. I'm really disappointed more guys aren't calling the game out on this one.

At least Batman can break weapons so the next guy doesn't clobber batman over the head with it. I couldn't beat the last two combat sections due to that.
I like the costume as a pervert, but I'm hating the pandering.

I feel really uncomfortable here right now, I can imagine how a conservative girl would feel reading all these comments. I also imagine it would be a really creepy vibe to be in a room with these people...

It's attractive if not completely slutty.

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
It looks good, but I see they have the mod look version of Catwoman. She isn't a version I'm fond of but I can admit they did a decent job with the trailer.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Gratuitous arse shots, and acrobatic thug-beating

Where do I sign up?

Seriously, this is looking fucking awesome. And Joker doesn't look too good these days..that face 0.0

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
DekuDurden said:
Little bonus to the trailer in using Lykke Li's song "Get Some".
Thanks for that, I was just going to ask what the song is. Both well integrated into the trailer and catchy on its own, in my opinion.