Trailers: Battleship: The Videogame - Gameplay Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Battleship: The Videogame - Gameplay Trailer

Today I learned that I had been playing Battleship all wrong.

Watch Video

cjackson92

Mar 6, 2009
Looks like a bad combination of Halo and Cod in the extreme badness of a movie game. Interesting choice.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
I'm looking forward to the video game adaptation of Chess starring a lone pawn fighting against the unstoppable Red Army in order to avenge his fallen comrades, their lives senselessly thrown away in order to delay the elite Rook troopers.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
...what? Why is that called Battleship? And how far are things allowed to stray from the original property before they can't use the name anymore?

SurfKansas

Nov 25, 2008
Hey, let's make a videogame tie-in to a movie based on a boardgame. We can make it an FPS!

Brilliantly idiotic.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
This has some of the funniest and most clearly out-of-context quotes I've seen misused in a manipulative advertisment in a while. Kudos you shameless, un-wanted, cheap piece of tat.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I can't wait to see Jenga adapted into a movie with all the dubstep sound effects and cheap CGI explosions the mind can handle! Michael Bay, I'm looking at you!

But seriously this needs to die.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011

Seriously, someone get me out of here. That was bad. Like really, really bad. Just absolutely fucking horrible and it should be destroyed.

So let me get this straight: You took a strategy-like board game about naval warfare, turned it into a movie with Rhianna involving aliens, and now you're taking that already idiotic transformation and applying it to a first person shooter, making it even less rocognizable?

Please make it stop.

Edit: After much consideration, I'm going to say this: Turning the Doctor into a pony, dropping him in Equestria, and making his companion Ditzy Doo makes more sense than turning a board game like Battlefield into a crappy movie about aliens while making a shitty FPS around it.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Hal10k said:
I'm looking forward to the video game adaptation of Chess starring a lone pawn fighting against the unstoppable Red Army in order to avenge his fallen comrades, their lives senselessly thrown away in order to delay the elite Rook troopers.
... I'd watch that. >_> What? That sounds AWESOME! [sub][sup]Granted it's currently 5 in the morning, so I might change my mind.[/sup][/sub]

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
I don't know what'd be more tragic, if this just turns out to be a shit game that makes a bunch of money, or a genuinely good game with some talent behind it marred by the practice of IP whoring.