vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Call of Duty : Rise of the Machines....

Cue utter indifference in 3...2...1

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Woods survived!?
Really looking forward to this; it looks awesome.
Also, HORSIES!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
well at least in this scenario the middle eastern menace is slightly more possible.
and i do like that this does does have a lot of futuristic elements a lot of the things (cars, some helicopter, some guns) look like something people bought today. This bugged me in human revolution, at what point did they decide to just trash all the tech made before 2020

captcha is love-hate, how oddly fitting to my relationship with COD

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
If it wasn't COD, it would look amazing and I would be in the front seats for the hype train.

Unfortunately, I have a sneaking suspicion it will continue the trend of having smaller and blander campaigns, repetitive multiplayer designed solely to keep the cash flowing, and bring a maximum of 2% new gameplay elements.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
Looks pretty business as usual for a Call of- wait was that a fucking horse?

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Y'know what, I would say that I'm part of the band-wagon that thinks COD jumped the shark, but I would be lying if I said this didn't look interesting.

Khravv

Jun 8, 2011
Haseo21 said:
Y'know what, I would say that I'm part of the band-wagon that thinks COD jumped the shark, but I would be lying if I said this didn't look interesting.
Yeah... that is where I come out. I really hate to say it, and it is hard to say it, but... I...a-am...Interested. Slightly.

And horses. Why does the thought of gunfights from horseback appeal to me so much?

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
If there's one thing I don't want in my CoD, it's the future.

Strangely enough, if there's one thing I don't want in my future, it's CoD.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Y'know this is the first CoD I've been interested in since the first Black Ops, which was in turn the first I ever actualy bought and played, time to dust it off and finish it

I'm fairly confident the story will be average at best given the near future setting, few can quite pull it off, but I was a huge fan of Battlefield 2142 so this does intrigue me.

Oh and I'm betting pony mods for those horses will be up within a week of the PC release

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
The horse-riding looks interesting, if nothing else. I daresay it would represent a refreshing 10 minute break in the pacing, then back to the usual shooting lots of people.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
So from what I've gathered from the above greatly enthused posts, the part of the game that people are most looking forward to is.........riding a horse?

My fellow Escapists, Red Dead Redemption is already out and I assure you it has plenty of horses. :p

BuzzDengue

May 2, 2012
Here's a novel idea... why doesn't Treyarch fix the lag compensation problem with multi-player games... the longevity & replayablility of this game is all centered in the multi-player mode. "Magic Bullet" shots that bend around corners or entire clips unloaded into the opposition that have no effect, make online play at times, unplayable. Is this really beyond Treyarch's programming capabilities???

Novel idea number two, stop the hacks and cheaters. Why can't we just play the game as intended. The boosters need to be booted. Everybody knows a bogus KDR or shot accuracy number... is it really that hard to stop this ilk? This alone will move the game up to a new level of playability. I hope they have something in store for the hackers, cheaters & boosters... they ruin a plyers experience on a platform. Is this also beyond the programming capabilities of Treyarch???

Other than that, I am sure the game will be beatiful and gameplay, as it is intended will be stellar. Go Treyarch!!! We are all in anticipation!!!

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Lol - horse riding section XD

Who wants to bet against the multiplayer being full of EVEN MORE annoying kill streak mechanics involving autonomous weapon systems?

Anyone feel the campaign's going to break the 4hr mark?

Only thing interesting is a potential discussion about use of remote weapons systems, but that's more likely to be addressed from the American military angle of "it's only bad if WE can't control them", rather than the more interesting ethical dilemmas the use of such systems raises (assassinations in foreign countries (see Afghanistan and Pakistan now), if an innocent is killed who wasn't a target who is responsible (the person giving the order, the guy who executed the program, or the programmer who wrote the software that got the target wrong?) etc etc). Anything else is basically terrorism (again) or terminator (again again).

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Well colour me......interested?

Fucking hell, I actually AM interested! Although I'm wary about it being the usual slog through an uninspired single player campaign.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
BuzzDengue said:
Here's a novel idea... why doesn't Treyarch fix the lag compensation problem with multi-player games... the longevity & replayablility of this game is all centered in the multi-player mode. "Magic Bullet" shots that bend around corners or entire clips unloaded into the opposition that have no effect, make online play at times, unplayable. Is this really beyond Treyarch's programming capabilities???
Have you ever tried to write netcode before? That shit is HARD.

OT: Always loved cyber punk style or near future games, and this seems to be aiming for that, so I might drop some money on it when the price comes down, until them, I'm eagerly awaiting the new Ghost Recon.

JadeWah

Nov 4, 2008
For some odd reason I got reminded of Command and Conquer 1, with the bald dude looking like Kane at the end of the video. Ah good times *nostalgia*