Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: America

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
Activision: "Okay guys, I know your team has lost so many people that the secretary is now the head developer, but you need to make a better game than Modern Warfare 2"

Infinity Ward Member #1: "Okay, what do we do?"

Infinity Ward Member #2: "Well, last year they had Russia attack Washington, DC. Maybe we can do something like that?"

Infinity Ward Member #1: "NYC is pretty huge in scale, why don't we have Russia attack that?"

Infinity Ward Member #3: "Isn't that a lot like that game Crysis 2 that just came out...?"

Infinity Ward Member #1 & #2: "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Srsli, my care cup here is mildly empty.

AntonicKnight

Feb 9, 2011
Call of Duty is dead to me and I don't know who to blame.
I'll maybe get it if it gets good review after the release cuz hypes are deceiving.(Note that me buying this game will still probably not happen.)

Blitzkrieg8

Jun 25, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
Really? New York again? Can we please have a different locale in the US that isn't Washington DC or New York? Maybe a war-torn San Francisco? Imagine having shootouts on a crumbling Golden Gate bridge.

Oh, and this is going to be an awesome year for gaming in between this, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield 3 among many others. Color me excited! :D
That Happened in Modern Warfare 2 in the co-op missions

smudgey

May 8, 2008
Pass for me. The last few CoDs have been rather dissapointing for me, and NYC has been done to death gaming wise.

Javarino

Mar 15, 2010
I don't know about you people, but I could use a different game than Black Ops. Seriously. And for those dragging on about Battlefield 3, the demo's were the PC version and the campaign also takes place in New York. (Not to say I won't consider the merits of both)

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
Am I the only one who was hoping that we'd, you know, "Head to Moscow?" Like, really? Do we need ANOTHER FPS set in New York? Sure this is just a teaser but still...

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
I hate the brink trailer.

For:

A: Interupting the video
B: Being Louder that the video, so my room mate told me to shut up.
C: Being Longer than the video

phelan511

Oct 29, 2010
Sigh... So far I've read too many people saying "Crysis 2 without the aliens". Look for those of you that seemingly don't have any long term memory (or didn't play MW2) the US got invaded. Its logical that NYC would get hit too. Also I've seen other trailers that are seemingly set in England and Germany. So stuff it.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Now I remember why I should never ever bother with teasers.

And MY GOD can we be done with New Frikken' York already? I'd rather rescue a hundred crashed blackhawk crews from behind the cliffs of a hundred Omaha beaches than be forced to visit that self-obsessed city YET AGAIN.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
I'd much rather they go with a more restrained, MW1-ish style, rather than just doing nothing BUT steer through set piece after set piece on what is little more than a rail shooter.

I want to go out and be some special forces badass again, except not fucking retarded like Blops was.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
AntonicKnight said:
Call of Duty is dead to me and I don't know who to blame.
I'll maybe get it if it gets good review after the release cuz hypes are deceiving.(Note that me buying this game will still probably not happen.)
It WILL get good reviews. There'll be high profile scores of 9/10 to put on all the trailers and posters, and then about two or three months later there'll be articles from those same reviewers about "I know I just gave it a perfect score, but these are the list of flaws I want improving". I'd bet money on it.

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
kiltmanfortywo said:
I saw the videos on another site, it included Germany and England as well. At the end of each, there is a russian voice saying a number, followed by a sentence I can't quite make out. The numbers I have heard are 1(adeen), 2(dva), and 4(shateari). Anybody found 3?(It will be pronounced like "tree")
There is also a France video. He does indeed say 'tree.' Very nice find, also. :D

EDIT: Here's [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110049-Four-Modern-Warfare-3-Teasers-Invade-the-World] a good place to find all the videos.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Ok, I know this is a teaser trailer but seriously now, what was the point of it? This was just terrible, really really terrible.

They didn't release it to make the game look nice, that's for sure. The teaser is made up ENTIRELY of green lines with a dark background, it might as well have been a fan made trailer by a teenager.

It doesn't speak "big budget game from activision" at all, it looks pretty low budget in fact. I mean, I know the game is barely even in development but couldn't they at least have bothered to use CGI images like mass effect 2 and 3 did? OR portal 2? OR ANY OTHER BIG GAME? The cgi didn't show any actual gameplay with THOSE trailers but at least made the trailers look interesting, this trailer doesn't even bother with that. Seriously, this doesn't show any quality at all, this doesn't even show a game. You might as well have just stamped a power point presentation onto youtube and call it a trailer.

And why New-York? Why take a concept that has already been done to death? I'm sorry, but the old infinity ward did WAY better with making games, modern warfare was great, modern warfare 2 wasn't perfect but at least it had SOME quality. I never liked any other company's call of duty games and this infinity ward may as well be an entirely different development company, which sucks at making cod games.

This thing has no soul, it has even LESS soul than the rest of the cod games which have just been pumped out to be milked for cash, which I thought was impossible.

And you know what is scary? People are actually getting EXCITED about... whatever that was.

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
Really? New York again? Can we please have a different locale in the US that isn't Washington DC or New York? Maybe a war-torn San Francisco? Imagine having shootouts on a crumbling Golden Gate bridge.

Oh, and this is going to be an awesome year for gaming in between this, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield 3 among many others. Color me excited! :D
Last year was the 2's, Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, Mass Effect 2, etc. As I just noticed, this year is the 3's :p (Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Mass effect 3, Uncharted 3, etc.)

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
Looking forward to it. I love how everybody has jumped on Yahtzee's bandwagon like they always do and now have beef with games set in a war ravaged New York.