Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: England

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: England

London is next on the list along with Germany [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/3226-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-America] in this teaser for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Watch Video

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'm surprised the english guys didn't say something along the lines of;

"Oy, these Ruskies are messun with 'ur teas n' crumpits! Comandyuh, how'r 'e gonna get rid of these wankahs?"

With the absolutely insane lengths they're going to make this whole "World War 3" play out, I would not have been surprised. Seriously, if this is Russia vs. The World, I cannot see how the hell all of this could be even remotely plausible. I know it's a Call of Duty game, but for god's sake, how the hell was Russia allowed to invade the US in the first place?

XIGBARx13

Nov 19, 2009
The fact that this teaser includes the London Eye (the ferris wheel) gives me horrible flashbacks to that one mission in CoD4. You know exactly the one I'm talking about; the one where you have to protect MacMillan at the amusement park, waiting for the helicopter to arrive.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
It makes me think of the Mass Effect 3 trailer. Only without the evil Lovecraftian space robots.

Naturally, as the trailer lacks evil Lovecraftian space robots, it cannot, therefore, be anywhere near as good.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
still think it shouldve been set in wales instead of london. Comon think about it Russia VS Sheep

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Dear Infinity Ward: Can we play as the British Army this time? I mean, you sort of put one of our weapons in the last game (it was terribly modelled, by the way) so just add a bunch of L85's and we're good, mmkay?

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
manythings said:
Any chance I can make an "accidental" detour to "Friendly Fire" the royal family?
No. We love the royal family. It is compulsory. Even if the wedding was a massively over-hyped media-fest.
Unconditional love for the royal family is a pre-requisite of Britishness!

bruto22

Jan 27, 2010
london? why invade thier? its newqauy and torquay you want . hehe surfing anyone?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
thephill said:
why does england always = london
its like everywhere else in the country don't exist.
Besides London the UK has no major settlements, landmarks or places of interest, surely you know that? Keep telling it to the tourists at any rate, it's nice up here in the north with nothing but the mountains and forests for company.

Anyway, what on earth is that aberation they're using in the logo? Did someone really lazy do it? I can't think of any other reason to just write half of each letter and declare it done.

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
FINALLY, the Modern Warfare series dares the venture out of the US. Christ almighty this was a long time coming.

We all know WW3 will be USA vs the world, why are we dancing around the topic and having the villains as Russia... again? Seriously, make the US the bad guys, it's their turn already!

We could have the UK on their side too, but conquering it would probably only be the training mission, knowing Infinity War- sorry, Activision! I forgot they fired everyone who knew how to make CoD games... Woo, Treyarch FTW *sarcasm*!!!

So let me get this all straight, you play as Yanks, with US weaponry, fighting Russians... the difference this time it's in Berlin and Paris too? Way to break the mould, you lazy bastards... and it'll sell a bazillion copies.

Shine on, games industry, shine on...

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
UtopiaV1 said:
FINALLY, the Modern Warfare series dares the venture out of the US. Christ almighty this was a long time coming.
...What? They didn't even GO to the US in the first MW, and even in MW2 the majority of the game was spent in Afghanistan, Russia, Azerbaijan...

Have you played the Modern Warfare games?

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
Ariseishirou said:
UtopiaV1 said:
...What? They didn't even GO to the US in the first MW, and even in MW2 the majority of the game was spent in Afghanistan, Russia, Azerbaijan...

You're right. Sorry, I obviously did not think that above post through.

You are totally right, the majority of MW & MW2 are spent overseas... maybe it was all the american accents constantly being yelled in my ears that made me temporarily forget that. I mean, it's happened to you too, right? Like if you're in, for example, Mongolia, and all you hear is South African accents, you might be forgiven for momentarily thinking that you are in SA!

Anyway, I retract my above post, I was clearly in the wrong. This MW will be totally different to the other MW's. No americans in this game, just good ol' Icelandic warriors fighting the evil Indian army in Germany and France. Inspired stuff.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
Funny, I spent most of the first game having people with English or Scottish accents talk at me, then about half of MW2 with... English and Scottish accents.

Honestly the best part about CoD is that it isn't overwhelmingly Ameri-centric like just about every other FPS on the planet. You spend most of CoD4 game as Scottish guy in the British army, you spend half of WaW as a Russian fighting Germans, and you spend half of MW2 as a member of a multinational force that includes Brits and Americans, but Canadians and Australians as well.

Calling it NATO-centric would be kind of accurate, but calling it Ameri-centric is just plain wrong.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
UtopiaV1 said:
Ariseishirou said:
UtopiaV1 said:

You're right. Sorry, I obviously did not think that above post through.

You are totally right, the majority of MW & MW2 are spent overseas... maybe it was all the american accents constantly being yelled in my ears that made me temporarily forget that. I mean, it's happened to you too, right? Like if you're in, for example, Mongolia, and all you hear is South African accents, you might be forgiven for momentarily thinking that you are in SA!

Anyway, I retract my above post, I was clearly in the wrong. This MW will be totally different to the other MW's. No americans in this game, just good ol' Icelandic warriors fighting the evil Indian army in Germany and France. Inspired stuff.
But that's still mainly wrong since the majority of MW1 were spent controlling Soap who is scottish, and in MW2 you were with Soap, Ghost (english), and Price who is British... Only some levels like with Ramiez have Americans mostly talking.

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
Ariseishirou said:
Korten12 said:
-also snip-
You guys have clearly played the MW games, have you noticed something about the character you play, Soap? The protagonist? He suffers from a similar impediment as Gordon Freeman and Nomad from Crysis... a serious case of 'silent protagonist'.

In the MW series, it happens to be that most of his mates are yanks. Which for the most part is a good thing, I happen to think American voices have a pattern and style that suits being on screen... well, you know what I mean. When I hear british accents, I sometimes just think "Eugh, that sounds terrible. He's a terrible voice actor." Like Wheatley in Portal 2, that was some cringe-worthy dialogue delivery.

I think we all lost the point of this thread a long time ago, so I'm going to make this utterly simple with no hidden messages. MW3 is not doing anything new for this iteration, it is only pretending that setting the game in london/berlin/paris is an inventive new setting for the series, and I despise that. We will run around as US infatrymen in these 'exotic' new locals, with american weapony shooting plain old Russian badguys. There will be explosions, buildings collapsing, jets delivering danger-close fire missions, and a betrayal or 20 by 'trusted' officers who 2 levels ago were giving you mission briefings.

Dull, repetitive, nothing new. And you will buy it.