Trailers: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Footage

Black Watch

Aug 9, 2010
ash-brewster said:
Black Watch said:
It looks like MW2, smells like MW2. I will even bet you that it even has the exact same laggy multiplayer.
The console MP will always be laggy as hell while the series uses Peer to peer connections and not dedicated servers, the maps and amount of data is just too much for p2p to work effectively.
MW2 on pc was less laggy since PCs generally have a higher spec than a console though the only real solution is to have dedicated servers for all platforms.
But that wont happen since the Call of Duty series has become an annual series. It wouldn't make sense to pay for the servers when the "new" title will be replaced by another in 12 months.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Black Watch said:
ash-brewster said:
Black Watch said:
It looks like MW2, smells like MW2. I will even bet you that it even has the exact same laggy multiplayer.
The console MP will always be laggy as hell while the series uses Peer to peer connections and not dedicated servers, the maps and amount of data is just too much for p2p to work effectively.
MW2 on pc was less laggy since PCs generally have a higher spec than a console though the only real solution is to have dedicated servers for all platforms.
But that wont happen since the Call of Duty series has become an annual series. It wouldn't make sense to pay for the servers when the "new" title will be replaced by another in 12 months.
Yeah PC only gets them since most of them are player run, though mw2 didnt have them black ops did and MW3 is supposed to.

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
*sigh* I buy these damn games for the social aspect of them. This literally looks like MW2, but with new maps, and slightly tweaked killstreaks. I really hope BF3 is something I can get my other friends into. I loved BFBC2, but none of my friends liked it. I'm tired of COD's formula, but I love hanging out and drinking with my clan when we can all get together.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
skrillbak said:
Positives: It looks like it will play exactly like Modern Warfare 2 which isn't a bad thing.Say what you will, the game works.

Negatives: It looks exactly like Modern Warfare 2. I know that innovation is hard to come by but at least change the HUD or something. At least pretend like you're making a new game.
Why fix it if it's not broken? Changing the HUD for the sake of changing the HUD usually ends up bad. The point of your hud is to show the things youneed to see in an easy to spot manner. They could have either flipped that around (which would have granted them backlash because "WTF all they did was flip the HUD they call that innovating?"), kept the HUD they have ("ZOMG they kept the same HUD? LAZY"), or went for some freakish new style that would just eat up development time with no real benfit.

Innovation doesn't mean giving everything a new coat of paint.

As for Modern Warfare 3 - I don't understand why people would think it'd be any different. The only difference with CoD games is what era they take place. The HUD worked perfectly, the gunplay was solid, and the graphics were solid. So after the initial "get graphics shinier" phase, it's pretty much a copy-paste with the new additions of guns and mechanics. Which it seemed to have done fairly well.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
It looks like MW2 in fast-forward.

I might buy it for spec-ops, but I'll probably trade it in within a month of buying it.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Glad to hear with the millions of dollars they make off these games there's still no dedicated servers (for consoles) I'll just stick to Black Ops to satisfy my laggy game needs./sarcasm

Also it looks just like fucking MW2 for fucks sake did they even try?

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
The UAV Helicopter looked cool. The dogtag mode looked fun. Lets see, what else was new...the HUD looked a little different. Yeah, that's all I can tell they changed/added.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Seriously? they're actually trying to pass this off as a fresh game? It is exactly the same as MW2 :\

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
godofallu said:
Looks great to me, I can't wait to play it. Who cares if it is a new CoD with similar gameplay? You would have had to pay 60 bucks for all the new maps anyways, at least this way you get a bonus campaign and survival mode out of the deal.
The complainers clearly have never heard of the phrase "dont fix it if it aint broke".
Actually, they're using the phrase 'don't buy the same thing twice'.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Paragon Fury said:
So....they've managed to somehow make the game look and sound worse than the last MW, and every single addition looks annoying or just un-fun (Landmines and the Six Pack attack. Just what CoD needed).

This is supposed to better than BF3 how?
Because you can get it on Steeeeam!!!!!

Sure it looks exactly the same as the last 2 Call of Duty games but it's got Steeeeeeeam the bestest drm out there!!!!

Sure Battlefield 3 has new weapons, vehicles, 64 player battles on PC and is giving away the first expansion pack for free as a preorder bonus but it doesn't have Steeeeam!!!

It uses Origin (Boooo) which isn't Steeeeam (Yaaay)!!!

Even though it's pretty much the same as Steeeeeam!!!

And that's why Modern Warfare 3 is better than Battlefield 3 in every way shape or form. Because it uses Steeeeam!!!!

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
And this couldn't be a 20 dollar expansion to MW2 how?

What ever happened to expansions, now we are paying just as much for a 10th of what an expansion would give us, and no that isn't due to inflation.

Back your day you could goto the store and get 10 new maps, a single player campaign,New content ie troops or guns etc for 19.99-29.99 now you get 10 maps and nothing for 35 bucks.

since it's all reskins off the same engine what the hell?

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
godofallu said:
Looks great to me, I can't wait to play it. Who cares if it is a new CoD with similar gameplay? You would have had to pay 60 bucks for all the new maps anyways, at least this way you get a bonus campaign and survival mode out of the deal.
The complainers clearly have never heard of the phrase "dont fix it if it aint broke".
If I wanted more Modern Warfare 2, I'd play more Modern Warfare 2. They don't need to screw around with the basic formula, but sequels need more updates than this.

KillerMort

May 1, 2011
I was really hoping to see the new engines that they were putting into the game at work but i don't notice a significant difference between this and MW2 aside from, it finally runs like it should. Smoothly, it doesn't have that sense of shoot first to win.

EDIT: this is the proper CoD game to come after CoD4. The others never happened that's what i'll say about the franchise.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
ultrachicken said:
If I wanted more Modern Warfare 2, I'd play more Modern Warfare 2. They don't need to screw around with the basic formula, but sequels need more updates than this.
You obviously have not played sequels to very many games.
Lolwut? Care to explain what line of reasoning led to that statement?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
It looks like Modern Warfare 2. I would have liked Modern Warfare 2 so much more if it wasn't horribly balanced.

If it's like MW2 with some semblance of balance, I'll probably buy it. The PC version needs to be not shit too, unlike last time. Where they got the dedicated servers right, and everything else wrong.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
Another cheque for the devs thats all this is. When i see a sequil to a game i would like to see improvement and change but this dosent seem to do ether one, so as for the 60$ map pack i think i will pass for awile. I would hope for a price drop but hell that dosent apply to CoD series