Trailers: Civilization V Gameplay Walkthrough

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Civilization V Gameplay Walkthrough

Peter Murray of Firaxis Games does a video walkthrough of Civilization V.

Watch Video

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
I must admit I am quite tempted, shame the demo will not be released until launch day.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
This is just awful, I planned to do so much studying for school but now that this is coming out in 6 days time that plan has been shot to hell. Its going to be totally worth it.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
That was a great video which gave a very detailed looked at a lot of the improvements. I'm definitely going to get this come release. Although I'm going to miss steamrolling 20+ tanks at an enemies city.

They shall never take Newcastle!

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
That does look awesome. I was most underwhelmed by Civ IV; it was a step backwards for me.

Looks like a lot of concepts borrowed from the Europa Universalis series in this one. Not that I have a problem with that. One of my favourite game series borrowing from another of my favourite game series is fine by me.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Is it me or did the Escapist above the video said "Walkthrough-cum-trailer?

I am foreign so I might not understand it perfectly, but is that intended like that?!
I consider it a bit old-fashioned, but A-cum-B does mean a combination of A and B.

EdgeW

Sep 12, 2010
My brother and I were so excited we made this fan video for a Civilization contest:
Link removed. Mod.

Please vote for it!

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
The fact that the game is preloaded on my computer but will not unlock until Tuesday is a terrible and inhumane form of torture.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
They really have moved forward leaps and bounds - Fantastic

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Yep, there goes my life as a student..

Seriously, my tummy is tingling with excitement.

Zeromaxx

Walrus King
Jul 2, 2008
I've already got it preloaded on steam...the clocks ticking down at 3 days and 14 hours!