Trailers: DC Universe Online Beta Combat

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
This does nothing to me except remind me why I avoid MMO's. I'll stick to single player, thankyou very much.

Deguasser

Feb 18, 2009
Master10K said:
Combat here looks boring and lacks variety. I just don't see how this game will have longevity, unless your character can have an ample amount of special abilities at their disposal, instead of 1 main ability.

All in all, there's no reason for me to get this game when Guild Wars 2 looks a whole lot better and more fun. Just look at any one of the skills in these Professions [http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/]. The Necromancer looks the most interesting.
Probably going to be a Ranger/Elementalist again.
And I'm going to port my level 20 R/E too, but make a new one.

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
RelexCryo said:
The ranger is a jack-of-all-trades and a master of them all as well, relying on his keen eye, steady hand, or the power of nature itself. A master of ranged combat, the ranger is capable of striking unwitting foes from a distance with his bow. With a stable of pets at his command, a ranger can adapt to his opponents' strengths and weaknesses."

In many MMO's, there is a danger of the Jack of all trades becoming a godmode character. This description does not make me happy.
But I have a feeling that the Ranger will require a lot of skill to fully utilize and a doubt the Ranger would be able to steamroll through an Elementalist attuned to Air.

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
Deguasser said:
Probably going to be a Ranger/Elementalist again.
And I'm going to port my level 20 R/E too, but make a new one.
I'll be going with a Sylvari Elemantalist, since the race and profession seems to go hand-in-hand [http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/screenshots/sylvari/sylvari-03.jpg].

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
Nothing groundbreaking or astounding. Nothing about it screams DC. It's so paint by numbers.

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
Wow does this ever look like crap, I'll wait 15 days until it's in the bargain bin for $5.00 right beside Champions Online.

Greyfox_Shep

Aug 6, 2010
I think it was kinda of confusing.
To many characters fighting against each other in a small place.

I think it would be better to show the combat system, if they get diferent players fighting each other, but in diferent places, cause the way they showed, it's looked like just another generic MMO.