Trailers: DC Universe Online Cinematic Director's Commentary

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
DC Universe Online Cinematic Director's Commentary

Jim Lee, DCUO creative director, and Tim Miller, Blur Studio director, comment and point out details you may have missed on the "Who Do You Trust" cinematic trailer.

Watch Video

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Looks [HEADING=1]EPIC![/HEADING]

Now if only I read DC I would get what was going the first time.

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
I absolutely love this video, I've watched it many, many times since it came out. And since I'm also a fan of commentary tracks, this is quite the treat.

I'm pretty sure this is the most bad-ass we've seen Superman outside of a stylized cartoon setting. I haven't really read many of his comics, though Red Son was a very cool alternate take on the Superman/Luthor rivalry (also bonus points for Batmanovich, the Russian Batman). And he was definitely an interesting character in The Dark Knight Returns.

Oh, and before I forget, JIM LEE! I love Jim Lee, I've been a fan of his since I was a kid. I've flipped through some of his DC stuff at bookstores, and he draws an awesome Batman and Superman.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I REALLY want to like this game, but I'll have to wait till game play is shown before I make up my mind either way.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Wow, after having watched stuff like Smalville, it is nice to see a video with Superman being bad-ass. Seriously, that shot when he laser-eyes the guy in the face is just epic.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Looks epic too bad its gonna be a boring RPG.
Should've just made it a CGI movie.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Holycrapthatlooksawesome...But why are they still alive; weren't they supposed to be dead or something? Gotta Get This Game Sometime...

FlameUnquenchable

Apr 27, 2010
Epic trailer. I agree with someone above who said this should be a movie instead of a game. MMO's don't lend themselves to keeping things epic like that. Badass trailer though.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
siriswane said:
Who cares if its a role playing game? I'd grit my teeth just to see more epic battles.
Its an RPG you'll get epic cutscenes but your battles will more than likely be point click select attack wait....

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
Looks good!!

I just hope it doesn't play like Champions online. No wonder marvel bailed on them. Cryptic then when on to make Star Trek online, another pile of garbage.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
this game is ten times better than champions online and coh those games are pathetic compared to this one

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
must have watched that trailer every time i booted up DCUO for the 200 or so hours i spent on that game. Still i didn't catch some of the stuff that was mentioned in this commentary. Most excellent viewing!

Blur Studio is amazing they also did cinematics for the Warhammer games

Warhammer Online Trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQn_NX7QGEQ]

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Intro [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJU5kUj6Puo]

They do great work.