Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - "My World" Teaser

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - "My World" Teaser

Adaptation is key in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Watch Video

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
So beautiful!

I've got... to... read the reviews first. Must.. resist... brainwashing!

Apr 28, 2008
I want this game.

Right fucking now. If it's even just half as good as it's trailers, it'll most likely be my game of the year.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
If anyone wants to hear the full version of the song I found it on youtube.

As for the game I am anxiously waiting for the 23rd so I can get my hands on this damn thing. I've been waiting for it since it was announced and it's been absolute hell staying away from the leak.

Mar 28, 2011
God, i cannot wait! Why haven't i perfected short term cryogenics yet? WHY?

There's no need to keep reminding me to buy it though.

Just as there's no need for me to post a comment on almost every trailer comments thread that's even remotely related to this game. :)

Legendairy314 said:
Thank you Sire! (Typo but Sire looked awesome.) I am in love with this soundtrack more than maybe even the game itself.

Augmented edition preordered just for soundtrack CD? I think so!

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
nothingspringstomind said:

Just as there's no need for me to post a comment on almost every trailer comments thread that's even remotely related to this game. :)

Legendairy314 said:
Thank you Sire! (Typo but Sire looked awesome.) I am in love with this soundtrack more than maybe even the game itself.

I lack the cash for it or else I'd do the same. I'm currently running off of gift-cards that aren't game centric so I'll have to stick with the vanilla version. Either way, I'm just happy I'll be able to get it.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009

Legendairy314 said:

I'm interested in pre-ordering, can you tell me what else is included in the augmented edition?

Nabirius

Dec 29, 2009
Is it wrong that the first thing I thought when watching the trailer was "Yes! Someone actually understands Darwin?"

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Umm... not to be a stickler, but that Darwin quote didn't make sense. Darwin's theory of evolution is driven by natural selection and random mutation. "Adaptability" isn't something that's really possessed by the individual because adaptation occurs over generations. Either an individual already has the trait that makes it successful or it doesn't. The idea of an individual being adaptable by acquiring new traits and passing them down is Lamarckian.

Furthermore, evolution almost entirely drives towards specialization, not general adaptability. There are very few successful creatures that are fit because they are adaptable, and they are all adaptable because their intelligence gives them problem solving skills and an ability to learn. Thus it makes no sense to contrast intelligence with adaptability on the individual level because the two are virtually synonymous.

WillCourt

May 1, 2009
And I needed my age checked for that... why?

Although this is looking mighty interesting, never played a Deus-Ex game before.

Mar 28, 2011
Catchy Slogan said:

Legendairy314 said:

I'm interested in pre-ordering, can you tell me what else is included in the augmented edition?
Lifted straight from the play.com blurb.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition features the same exclusive mission as the Explosive Mission Pack, 10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons, plus a Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, the SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle, the Linebacker G-87 multiple shot grenade launcher, an Automatic Unlocking Device and the M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)
If that's not enough, the Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition also contains an exclusive bonus DVD featuring a 44 minute making of special, game soundtrack, motion-comic (adapted from DC's official series) plus the E3 trailer and animated storyboard plus an exclusive 40 page art book

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Is it just me or did Adam's goatee got longer?

- We're approaching the deadline and all's going great. Any last moment requests?
- MORE BEARD
- Sounds reasonable.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
The Random One said:
Is it just me or did Adam's goatee got longer?

- We're approaching the deadline and all's going great. Any last moment requests?
- MORE BEARD
- Sounds reasonable.
And I think his trenchcoat got about 87% cooler-looking. If nothing else, this game looks damn cool.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:

Legendairy314 said:

Lifted straight from the play.com blurb.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition features the same exclusive mission as the Explosive Mission Pack, 10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons, plus a Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, the SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle, the Linebacker G-87 multiple shot grenade launcher, an Automatic Unlocking Device and the M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)
If that's not enough, the Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition also contains an exclusive bonus DVD featuring a 44 minute making of special, game soundtrack, motion-comic (adapted from DC's official series) plus the E3 trailer and animated storyboard plus an exclusive 40 page art book
Wow. Seems like quite the deal ;D

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Me thinks we're going to hate this trailer by October, not because it is bad (it is quite good) or because it tells us nothing about the game, but because this will probably be the TV and internet ad before every video we want to watch and we'll see it a hundred times before the end of the year.