Trailers: Dishonored: Tales from Dunwall - Chapter 1: The Awakening

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Dishonored: Tales from Dunwall - Chapter 1: The Awakening

See how the setting of Dishonored came to be.

Watch Video

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
That is a very smooth, moving art style with even better lighting effects.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
I love the crap out of this video. It's great how we can promotional materials that expand on the WORLD of the game, for once. The art style was superb, and reminds me of that undertaker video that's been floating around YouTube as of late. Really, the only problem is that I find the underlying theme somewhat reprehensible: yet another assault on ambition and technological progress. I thought it was ignorant and regressive when Tolkien was bandying it about, and now we have video game developers echoing it, of all people.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I am liking everything I see for this game.
The art style in this trailer is great.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
i am loving the narritive. now all i want to know is what will i be doing in this world. either way congrats a one minute video succefully made me want to dive in to that world. lets just hope the gameplay keeps me there.

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
You're sooo right, KingGolem, making Oil our basic source of energy has worked out fine for us, for example... not mentioning the side effects of nuclear energy... :p

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
KingGolem said:
I love the crap out of this video. It's great how we can promotional materials that expand on the WORLD of the game, for once. The art style was superb, and reminds me of that undertaker video that's been floating around YouTube as of late. Really, the only problem is that I find the underlying theme somewhat reprehensible: yet another assault on ambition and technological progress. I thought it was ignorant and regressive when Tolkien was bandying it about, and now we have video game developers echoing it, of all people.
Really only the first video had that theme, and even then it said that it worked out fine until the whale oil was used to make weapons which were then used to opress the populace. The other videos the horrors come in part from human cruelty, in part from the outsider, and in part from the horrors of the disease implied to have been unleashed by the outsider's rats, so the development and misuse of technology is only one part of the horrific backstory of Dunwall.