Trailers: Dragon Age II Champion Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Dragon Age II Champion Trailer

Choose your champion's class in Dragon Age II. Will you fight as the mighty warrior, cunning mage or the nimble rogue.

Watch Video

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
I guess it's rogue for me again, although it promises less sneaky and more stab,dodge,roll gameplay. Something like a shadowdancer.

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
Assuming we keep some of the old sub-classes, it's arcane warrior for me :D
Or rogue ofc, that just looks awesome.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Rogue. As always. And I don't like them to be backstabbing and invisible. Dashing duelist with lighting quick attacks, rather.

He can't be bothered with the strawberry jam on his face though, can he.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Looks pretty... Umm... Generic?

This whole choose warrior, mage or thief stereotype is getting a little old don't we think?
At best, this just looks like what Fable could have looked like, at worst it makes Fable seem like a better game in that you aren't limited to only one role...

Really thought bioware might have moved on from this by now.

[edit] Oh and that blood looks horrible, just sayin...

Sep 9, 2010
I hope they'll make Arcan warrior a tad more accessable. Its hard being a healer/DPS mage then switching over to a AOE/battle mage. But I'll probably be a rouge on my first playthrough.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
WE all know this is exactly what the game isn'tgoing to look like (animation wise).
But I think that this is only a guideline to again show people the main variety in gameplay. They probably made some subclasses that soften the definitios a bit.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Visually nice.
However does seem a pointless trailer. It's message is "You can be one of three classes that exist in every single RPG in the whole of creation, except for Death Spank".
Does give a flavour for each of the three classes, I just don't see why they couldn't have done a statement about it.

Faenus

Apr 16, 2009
I want that staff sword.

No really i was going to go mage anyways but that convinced me

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I'm a fan of wizards (as you might guess by my handle) so of course I'll be playing a mage first, but I'll probably try all three classes at some point.

I see the trailer as being pretty pointless as that didn't appear to be game play footage, and it really didn't reveal much except for classes we already knew about. We have no idea how much those classes can be customized, and how much versatility is in them.

Interestingly it seems like they have shown videos of Hawke throwing spells while fighting with weapons in melee in some of the trailers, this does make it seem unlikely that anything like that has been implemented into the gameplay though, except perhaps as an Arcane Warrior type spec if it still exists.

Novania

Feb 5, 2009
When I saw the Revenant... <3
They were so fun to play in the first one

Tis a shame that the game combat won't be like that