Trailers: Dungeons & Dragons:Tyranny of Dragons Launch Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Dungeons & Dragons:Tyranny of Dragons Launch Trailer

Those adventurers might be in trouble, as that is literally a five-headed dragon.

Watch Video

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Good lord, how many dragons does one title need?

Coming in 2017, the sequel, Dragon & Dragons: Revenge of the Draconic Dragons.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Zhukov said:

I'm just glad Hiram McDaniels is still finding work.

VikingKing

Sep 5, 2012
WMDogma said:
Zhukov said:

A DnD campaign based on Night Vale. Just think about it.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
VikingKing said:
WMDogma said:
A DnD campaign based on Night Vale. Just think about it.
I'd be completely in favor of that; a mysterious bard in the town square narrating all the strange happenings going on while the party tries to figure out why those deer keep starring into people's windows. Spooky and hilarious!

Hastln

Apr 8, 2013
Not only is that a dragon, that is an avatar of the evil dragon goddess Tiamat, she would be far larger if it was the actual Tiamat, seeing as her size is supposed to be "Unfathomable". Heres hoping that they will make another avatar of Tiamat figure, the old one was cool, but the paint application on the older huge minis are a bit shoddy.

flip202f

Dec 17, 2010
I remember playing Red Hand of Doom. This was one of the best 3.5 modules and is in top 3 list of best modules of all time in my opinion. She is such a great villian and was the great "final boss fight" and the end of such an epic module. I even did a conversion for Pathfinder when system first came out as a test of the new system. She still was just as pleasing and epic in that system as well.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
A five-headed dragon?! I would say that's Tiamat THE dragon GOD.

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
Ah teasers. No game play or story snippets, just a cool cinematic. I can't even really tell the genre from the trailer. Is it another MMO? An RPG like Dragon Age? Or will it play like God of War?

Oh well. I like D&D, so I'll keep my eye on it and see where it goes.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
SilverBullets000 said:
Ah teasers. No game play or story snippets, just a cool cinematic. I can't even really tell the genre from the trailer. Is it another MMO? An RPG like Dragon Age? Or will it play like God of War?

Oh well. I like D&D, so I'll keep my eye on it and see where it goes.
Uhhhhhhhh
That's a complex question.. heh

http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2281/~/d%26d%3A-new-edition-and-tyranny-of-dragons-faq

What is Tyranny of Dragons?
Tyranny of Dragons is a massive, action-packed storyline that will be told through multiple Dungeons & Dragons product and program offerings starting in Summer 2014.

Through video games and mobile games, in-store play at local hobby stores and conventions, tabletop roleplaying gaming and more, Tyranny of Dragons will pit heroes everywhere against hordes of evil dragons led by the 5-headed Queen of Evil Dragons, Tiamat.

More information about the exciting Tyranny of Dragons offerings will be available in the coming months. In the meantime, you can get a preview of the storyline and products and programs available at DungeonsandDragons.com.

How does Tyranny of Dragons relate to the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons? Is it a product?
Tyranny of Dragons is a storyline that weaves through multiple Dungeons & Dragons offerings. While Tyranny of Dragons is not a product, there are many products and programs available for D&D fans to interact with the storyline such as tabletop roleplaying game adventures, digital and mobile games, in-store and convention play programs, gaming accessories, comics and more. For more information on the products and programs that support the Tyranny of Dragons campaign, visit DungeonsandDragons.com

spookydodger

Oct 19, 2011
Am I the only one that felt that the trailer doesn't look very good? The animation kinda reminds me of what I see in bad demo reels for freshman character animators.

Maybe I'm way too used to seeing Blizzard quality videos or even those of the latest League of Legends Dawn video. This seems like it would be state of the art 8 years ago.

spookydodger

Oct 19, 2011
s69-5 said:
However, really didn't like the dragon design. Was it just me or was the dragon REALLY stiff looking? And the image on the Escapist banner for this article - I thought the dragons (looked like many there even though it's one) looked goofy. Like this was a parody or something. Apparently, it isn't.

Guess I'm spoiled by so many great looking dragon's in video games lately...
Yes, I felt the dragon was very stiffly animated. Not very fluid at all.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Qvar said:
A five-headed dragon?! I would say that's Tiamat THE dragon GOD.
An avatar. If it was the actual god, there wouldn't be much of an adventure. It'd be like assaulting the ocean with a stick.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
WMDogma said:
Zhukov said:

Heh, went here to make Nightvale joke, got sniped by the staff, nice.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Qvar said:
A five-headed dragon?! I would say that's Tiamat A dragon GOD.
Fixed.

Or alternatively.

Qvar said:
A five-headed dragon?! I would say that's Tiamat THE evil dragon GOD.
Bahamut is also a dragon god.

He's the good one.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
They only had three people in their group? They are going to get killed! Granted the tank knows his stuff but another ranged class would have been good

-M

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
<3 Tiamat. Possibly my favorite D&D villain. I've wanted to play a Cleric to her for years, alas "evil campaigns" are hard to come by.