Trailers: F.E.A.R. 3 Story Trailer

Kneel

Jan 5, 2010
Looking good. Did I see Beckett from F.E.A.R. 2 there, referring to Point Man as the bastard son?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Looks great! I didn't play the first, but FEAR 2 really amazed me when I first played it. I kind of feel like it was a step back to HL2 days, because of the in character story telling - as in, very few cutscenes and whenever possible you stayed in FPS mode while people talked and of course the silent protagonist too.

I'll probably pick this game up. FEAR 2 wasn't all that scary but it was fun.

Stuberfinn88

Nov 13, 2009
Wolfram01 said:
Looks great! I didn't play the first, but FEAR 2 really amazed me when I first played it. I kind of feel like it was a step back to HL2 days, because of the in character story telling - as in, very few cutscenes and whenever possible you stayed in FPS mode while people talked and of course the silent protagonist too.

I'll probably pick this game up. FEAR 2 wasn't all that scary but it was fun.
FEAR 1 was even more so, Id suggest playing it, if you liked Fear 2 then you would be blown away with fear 1. Fear 2 didn't have as much "awesomeness" as its predecessor, they kind of toned it all down.

Soet Poet

Feb 12, 2008
Let's hope that it's actually scary this time. Fear 2 was less scary than Kirby's Epic Yarn, it was just an endless succession of small children walking about and sounds going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH in your ear.

Doubt it.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Oh God, not this failing franchise again.

No doubt I'll resist buying it for so long and then end up buying it and then regret buying it... it's that inevitable cycle that scares me most.

I mean FEAR wasn't scary but hell, FEAR 2 made the first one look like hell on earth because it was so bad. I very much doubt this'll be much better.

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
I love F.E.A.R. ...Pretty much the only game to get away with incest without a shit-ton of media coverage...plus its fun.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Fear 3 Story Trailer.

That headline made me smile.
That stuff is story in the same sense in which a pile of that grey, fluffly stuff from the tumble dryer is tecnically clothing.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Man, I am not in the least bit interested in this game. Which says something, because I loved the first one and at least enjoyed the second (though I'm still glad I picked it up on sale for $20).

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Well, at least it's not more Dead Space. Dead Space tries to pretend the gore-fest is mentally stimulating or even fun to play. F.E.A.R. is totally unsubtle, silly and the story is weaksauce, but I'll take anything over Dead Space.

Metzeten

Oct 16, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks Paxton Fettel has looked less and less creepy as this series goes on?
F.E.A.R he was sorta like a scarey biker-hannibal with one of those faces that you know without anything else that the guy is evil and will quite happily eat your face.
Now he just looks like some cellar cultist who finds Charles Manson a good fashion icon.
Also, Who is still making those psychic soldiers! I mean seriously!

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
From what I've gathered from comments and having never played the games, there isn't much of one to be had

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
Fear had an interesting if flawed story that went completely off the deep end in the sequel. I genuinely loved the first one, but after fear 2... I'm done with this series.