Trailers: Final Fantasy XIII-2 English Announcement Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Final Fantasy XIII-2 English Announcement Trailer

Lighting is back in this sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.

Watch Video

sgwee

Dec 13, 2009
heard them talking about this in the ENNNNNNN

but... as soon as I saw this I was like, wait... they were serious?!

dear god what is this going to be? sigh. guess I'll have to wait and see. rarely do they continue a final fantasy story and if they are serious in there narrative it might not be so bad.

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
Even though I really didn't find much to like about ff13 at all I'm still really excited about the sequel because I'm an idiot

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Jonesy911 said:
Even though I really didn't find much to like about ff13 at all I'm still really excited about the sequel because I'm an idiot
Square is king at making exciting trailers for garbage. Don't feel bad.

I have to ask though, why? Doesn't FF13 already have 2 spinoff/sequels in development already that we've heard almost nothing about for the past 3 years? And was FF13 really such a success that people said "We want more?" It really is Square being their Squarest saying "Nah those tards are just to stupid to appreciate it. We know it's amazing so we're gonna do it again." Cause Square knows what we like more than we do.

Please Square, please Squeenix fanboys, stop, please stop. Let the Final Fantasy series die. Stop raping the corpse of a once great series.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I love how these threads are just non-stop FF13 bashing.

I bought the game twice. What? The PS3 version really is better.

crouchingtigress01

Mar 14, 2009
While I do think the trailer is very pretty, I do hope that they have learned from their mistakes and make an honest attempt to create a more immersive and open world game like all the previous FFs we love

On that note, I hope they hurry up and remake Final Fantasy V ^_^ It's one of my favorites because of the job changing ability

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I actually liked FF13 to be honest, it was better than the shitfest that was 12 anyway. Consider me intrigued.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
crouchingtigress01 said:
While I do think the trailer is very pretty, I do hope that they have learned from their mistakes and make an honest attempt to create a more immersive and open world game like all the previous FFs we love
But FF games never really did anything with their "open worlds". You trekked through them in a linear nature, rarely backtracking, and the world map only hid a few locations full of optional uber bosses.

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
Hawk of Battle said:
I actually liked FF13 to be honest, it was better than the shitfest that was 12 anyway. Consider me intrigued.
I agree ever since the announcement of a XIII-2 I have been kind of excited granted it was not the best FF game but I liked XIII.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

In what way is it better?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just asking.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
crouchingtigress01 said:
On that note, I hope they hurry up and remake Final Fantasy V ^_^ It's one of my favorites because of the job changing ability
X-2 reminded be of 5 very much...The one thing I really liked about X-2, actually. Was the combat and job system.

I'd play a 5 remake if the hero is named Butz again.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
PurpleLeafRave said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

In what way is it better?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just asking.
Runs better, looks a tad better. Loads tend to be faster, too.

The disc-changing never really bothered me, but that's gone, too.

Also, it just feels right to play FF on a PS3. It feels right...That said, I only played the PS3 version for 3 hours, since I got my PS3 in August. I'll play the game again in a few months, when my backlog is cleared.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

I actually enjoyed FF13 and the only thing I wasn't too fond of was that auto-attack was basically all you used the whole game but I loved the combat despite that. I enjoyed the story and most of the characters.

I will get this for PS3 as well, keeping the FF franchise where it belongs, on the PS. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be FFX-2 where it seemed to be aimed towards young teenage girls, the combat was good though but that was about it.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:

I'm more concerned about this game falling into the same trap that XIII did: Removing features and freedom from the game while saddling you with a story that requires meta-game reading. Also, me calling out a game for being well below standards and having poor/restrictive design choices brought in is not bashing anything.

Besides, given how Square has been shutting up people on their community forums for raising concerns about their games makes me distrust their company even more than normal. I already tried XIII once to see if I liked it, and I don't. Announcing an XIII-2 game is not changing that view.

On a side note, Lightning now looks like Kaim and Yuna from X-2 with that hair and costume. Seriously, it's ripped right from those two.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
I liked FF13 a whole lot to be honest. Wasn't the best FF out there, but it was quite enjoyable, and loved everyone from the main cast(including Hope and Vanille, though Vanille took longer to get used to). Battle system was pretty fun too!

So obviously I'm looking forward to this. I don't think it will be too bad, and the antagonist looks cool at least. Also like how they have a english trailer for this already. I mean, they probably could have recorded those lines months ago, but hey, a release date closer to the Japanese one is something to hope for right?

And of course this game won't be for everyone, but I hope it doesn't do too badly. Still can't wait for Versus though. =P

Black Prism Adel

Oct 13, 2009
to be fair, FF X-2 was described as a bimbo brigade in a magazine i was reading, and well it was kinda try i get that yuna had changed in the 2 years but she went from being a meaningful character to being pretty well... stupid with a really shallow reason for becoming a sphere hunter.

i am hoping the FF XIII-2 wont do the same to the characters and give a good story to go with them because for me the deal breaker will be if they have basically killed the characers origional personalities and give it half assed story

Ipswich67

Oct 19, 2009
Why are they continuing this story? Did they not learn from X-2? More appropriately, did they not learn from XIII? Sure it sold well, but that can be attributed to hype and little else. I guess when it come to reviews, Square just puts their hands over their ears and goes "LALALALALANOTLISTENINGLALALALALA"

I'll stem my rage there and just say that they need to drop this game and work on Versus.