Trailers: Final Fantasy XIII-2 English Announcement Trailer

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Sylveria said:
Jonesy911 said:
Even though I really didn't find much to like about ff13 at all I'm still really excited about the sequel because I'm an idiot
Square is king at making exciting trailers for garbage. Don't feel bad.

I have to ask though, why? Doesn't FF13 already have 2 spinoff/sequels in development already that we've heard almost nothing about for the past 3 years? And was FF13 really such a success that people said "We want more?" It really is Square being their Squarest saying "Nah those tards are just to stupid to appreciate it. We know it's amazing so we're gonna do it again." Cause Square knows what we like more than we do.

Please Square, please Squeenix fanboys, stop, please stop. Let the Final Fantasy series die. Stop raping the corpse of a once great series.
As far as I know, It was the fastest selling Final Fantasy game and it holds an 82-83 average on Metacritic. Most of the complaints are from the vocal minority. It's not like Final Fantasy XIII got treated that way because it was a Final Fantasy game either.
Ipswich67 said:
Why are they continuing this story? Did they not learn from X-2? More appropriately, did they not learn from XIII? Sure it sold well, but that can be attributed to hype and little else. I guess when it come to reviews, Square just puts their hands over their ears and goes "LALALALALANOTLISTENINGLALALALALA"

I'll stem my rage there and just say that they need to drop this game and work on Versus.
Because a game is a failure when it gets an ~80 average score.

Ipswich67

Oct 19, 2009
Defense said:
Sylveria said:
Jonesy911 said:
Even though I really didn't find much to like about ff13 at all I'm still really excited about the sequel because I'm an idiot
Square is king at making exciting trailers for garbage. Don't feel bad.

I have to ask though, why? Doesn't FF13 already have 2 spinoff/sequels in development already that we've heard almost nothing about for the past 3 years? And was FF13 really such a success that people said "We want more?" It really is Square being their Squarest saying "Nah those tards are just to stupid to appreciate it. We know it's amazing so we're gonna do it again." Cause Square knows what we like more than we do.

Please Square, please Squeenix fanboys, stop, please stop. Let the Final Fantasy series die. Stop raping the corpse of a once great series.
As far as I know, It was the fastest selling Final Fantasy game and it holds an 82-83 average on Metacritic. Most of the complaints are from the vocal minority. It's not like Final Fantasy XIII got treated that way because it was a Final Fantasy game either.
Ipswich67 said:
Why are they continuing this story? Did they not learn from X-2? More appropriately, did they not learn from XIII? Sure it sold well, but that can be attributed to hype and little else. I guess when it come to reviews, Square just puts their hands over their ears and goes "LALALALALANOTLISTENINGLALALALALA"

I'll stem my rage there and just say that they need to drop this game and work on Versus.
Because a game is a failure when it gets an ~80 average score.
Buyer's remorse, my friend.

I am an avid FF fan. I was all set to love this game, like I have for its predecessors. I even pre-ordered the game, and payed an extra $30 to get the hard-bound text book of a guide. After all that, I thought it was the weakest installment of all the Numbered Final Fantasies. I have never quit playing a game part-way through until this game. Sure I'd heard it got better later (and you can see Yahtzee's review for an appropriate analogy of just how much "BETTER" it got), and watching my brother pick up right where I left off (so I missed none of the plot, mind) and seeing to the very end, I STILL had no clue what the hell was going on.

And is no one besides me looking forward to Versus?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I liked FF XIII, and I'm curious to know what they are gonna do with the rest of the story.

Maybe some answers about what happened at the end because that ending was really weird how it was cut off like that.

Here's to hoping.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Ipswich67 said:
Buyer's remorse, my friend.

I am an avid FF fan. I was all set to love this game, like I have for its predecessors. I even pre-ordered the game, and payed an extra $30 to get the hard-bound text book of a guide. After all that, I thought it was the weakest installment of all the Numbered Final Fantasies. I have never quit playing a game part-way through until this game. Sure I'd heard it got better later (and you can see Yahtzee's review for an appropriate analogy of just how much "BETTER" it got), and watching my brother pick up right where I left off (so I missed none of the plot, mind) and seeing to the very end, I STILL had no clue what the hell was going on.

And is no one besides me looking forward to Versus?
Ah, but most companies would pay for a sequel if the first turned out to be a financial success, despite how horribly it may have been reviewed. It's the same reason why Jason Friedberg and Adam Seltzer keep pushing out trash like Vampires suck and [Adjective] Movie despite getting horrible reviews. I actually had little problems following the storyline myself(the basics at least), but it was executed in a horrible manner.

And Versus XIII is actually one of the games people are more excited about because it's unlike Final Fantasy XIII.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
They must really hate money and success at square. Seriously an FF7 port would be piss easy. A remake wouldn't be that hard either.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
it's interesting how people can judge a game that's due a year from now only by a teaser

FF13 wasn't the worst game ever made, and FF13-2 won't be either
there's even a pretty good chance that it will be better

and i don't really care about this new outfit or this gay guy crossing swords with her
all that counts is gameplay

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
They must really hate money and success at square. Seriously an FF7 port would be piss easy. A remake wouldn't be that hard either.
You can buy it online at the Playstation Store. Why are people so obsessed with living in the past, let them make new stuff, 7 had its day in the sun, I like the game. But a remake isn't all that necessary, to some fans they think it is, but maybe they want to work on something different. I mean, it already has a few spin off games and a movie to expand that universe, isn't that enough?

Plus, the amount of work for a remake wouldn't be easy, there's so much that would go into making it, it's for a system a few generations ahead of what the original was on, it'd have to be built from scratch, then there would be new things to worry about like voice actors etc.

Leaper

Jun 3, 2009
Sylveria said:
Well, it was comercial succes for sure, thats pretty much all you need for company to start making sequel for a game. Though people either loved it or hated, pretty much no middle ground, same thing from critics mostly too.

And those spinoffs are pretty much entirelly different games that dont have much to do with FF13, you could kinda give another name to them and no one would even see the difference.

Mar 16, 2009
This game promises to change problems that people had with the last game, such as the ability to control one player. In order to better bond with the characters, they are now removing the one player from your control, and making it a $60 film. :3

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
This is gunna suck so hard. I mean...shit I suppose if they decided to just take a step back make it more open world like 6 or 7. Then it could work, Im just hoping they do. Although aside from Tactic's I pretty much tapped out of the franchise at 8.

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
oh boy another final fantasy game that's going to suck. it hurt my soul to trying to get through XIII, which sucks because I had high hopes for it. I still would give them the benefit of the doubt if they made a new world, but a sequel to something that actually killed a piece of me inside is not something I'd support.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh, so Lightning is the only character to make the transition, she's now some kind of guardian-paladin or soemthing and facting off against a sephiroth-wannabe, colour me not impressed.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
I'm angry and confused.

also wtf captcha I totally spelt the words right the first time

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Hey question Escapist Staff? Why did we make 2 news stories dedicated to XIII-2 and not one for Versus which also had a 6 minute trailer? I get that showing the trailer would thereby remove the joke of 'Versus is the new Forever' But seriously

Here's the Trailer
[gametrailers=ffxiii-versus-2011-trailer/354412]
How the FRAG do you embed Gametrailer videos?
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ffxiii-versus-2011-trailer/354412

Here's the Trailer with Subtitles

IT was in a news release, and you managed to report on literally everything else. I would think the first big news on Versus in... years would warrent a news post. No? 2 on the crap one?