Trailers: Gears of War 3 "Dedicated Execution"

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Gears of War 3 "Dedicated Execution"

A look at what are the thoughts going in to make Gears of War 3.

Watch Video

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Looking good, it is disappointing how quiet they are keeping the single player though. Regardless, I am very much looking forward to this Beta, it is a shame it is out soo soon after Portal 2 though.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Legion said:
Looking good, it is disappointing how quiet they are keeping the single player though. Regardless, I am very much looking forward to this Beta, it is a shame it is out soo soon after Portal 2 though.
Problem is with the single player, they would have to talk about the story for a bit. That itself isn't bad, but the writer they have, Karen Traviss, is a very polarizing writer to say the least. I personally like her books, but a LOT of people don't like them.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Legion said:
Problem is with the single player, they would have to talk about the story for a bit. That itself isn't bad, but the writer they have, Karen Traviss, is a very polarizing writer to say the least. I personally like her books, but a LOT of people don't like them.
I have only read the Gears books of hers (as opposed to the other series she has written for), and I think they are excellent, they give the series some much needed depth in my opinion.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Legion said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Legion said:
I have only read the Gears books of hers (as opposed to the other series she has written for), and I think they are excellent, they give the series some much needed depth in my opinion.
Yes, well it was the Republic Commando Books that really started this problem. People didn't like the way she portrayed the Jedi, she went and fought by David Gaider style, and forums and message boards ignited.

oliver.begg

Oct 7, 2010
the new multi future that's themed just for Gears in TDM of a pool of lives, never heard of that before... oh wait isn't that in Battlefield and shit loads of other multi TDM games