Trailers: Gettysburg - War Begins Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Gettysburg - War Begins Trailer

This game answers the age old question, what would Gettysburg be like if they had tanks.

Watch Video

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Hello whats all this then? I must say I do enjoy learning about the US Civil War, alternate history and Paradox Interactive, so this looks like a winner!

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
I'm intrigued, and lolling quite hard. Can we expect to see Trafalgar with aircraft carriers?

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
IndianaJonny said:
I'm intrigued, and lolling quite hard. Can we expect to see Trafalgar with aircraft carriers?
You think that's silly as hell, Paradox's website has a picture of a Confederate in a mech suit wielding a minigun.

The game's had a really weird development cycle so far, it's an interesting premise but I'm wondering if they'll ever get past the issues they've had.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
I don't care how bad or good that game is, im buying it.
It doesnt even matter, that looks like a fun concept.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
vivalahelvig said:
I agree, it reminds me of all of those alternate history stories you used to see where the author's idea of "alternate history" was "just give Napoleon tanks". I'm fine with this whether it makes sense or not.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Hal10k said:
vivalahelvig said:
I agree, it reminds me of all of those alternate history stories you used to see where the author's idea of "alternate history" was "just give Napoleon tanks". I'm fine with this whether it makes sense or not.
Give Stars and Stripes by Harry Harrison a try, it's General Sherman with Tanks and Battleships.

Gaboris

Dec 22, 2011
SO... any idea when's this one comin out cuz I'm always interested in alternate history games like the Warfront turning point game. :)

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
So let's have the Yankees invade South Carolina "Red Dawn" style. Now all those bible-belt Republicans who still un-ironically fly the Stars and Bars on their lawns can take a break from all that revisionsim and reality-repression and point to this game as a carefully documented historical fact.

I'm only kidding, of course.

Gaboris

Dec 22, 2011
Okay just found the NORMAL name. Look up Gettysburg: Armored Warfare and you'll find a bunch of vids on it. Looks SWEET! :)