Trailers: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I commented in the original thread already, but I just wanted to point something out:

When the gunmen hop out of the exterminator van, at least two of them are using suppressed AK-47s. Does this mean we finally will have some basic customization of the weapons?

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
The Gentleman said:
I commented in the original thread already, but I just wanted to point something out:

When the gunmen hop out of the exterminator van, at least two of them are using suppressed AK-47s. Does this mean we finally will have some basic customization of the weapons?
maybe certain weapons have silenced versions as different models? worked that way for the silenced 9mm in San Andreas...

Any guesses as to the ethnicity of the protagonist (if he's the one doing the VO)? He didn't sound caucasian to me, but not distinctly hispanic or black either.

EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
It can be set in San Andreas all it likes... it looks like the same boring stuff, just with some countryside.

(Wow... considering that GTASA is still one of my favourite games... GTAIV put me right off the series didnt it? >.>)

Floppertje said:
Any guesses as to the ethnicity of the protagonist (if he's the one doing the VO)? He didn't sound caucasian to me, but not distinctly hispanic or black either.

EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.
He looks and sounds like a very serious Frank West to me... definitely american.
and yeah, ive done that with capchas before... they are quite lenient.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Floppertje said:
The Gentleman said:

maybe certain weapons have silenced versions as different models? worked that way for the silenced 9mm in San Andreas...

Sounds like a white ethnic to me, possibly Italian or Cuban.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Jack Thompson rage over it.

But i was disappointing to see San Andreas. Wanted vice city, Manchester or London. *Sigh*

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Damn, I guessed it was gonna be Washington DC.

Aw well, Alternate LA's pretty okay.

From the trailer, this one's not gonna be the technological leap forward IV was from III/San Andreas. Looks like they're stickin with Euphoria. Still looks damn pretty, but wish it was damn prettier.

Also, I hope that's not the theme song. It's nowhere near as good as "The Soviet Connection".

Monty McDougal

Mar 15, 2011
Wasn't expecting a trailer so soon after the announcement, all I really care about with these 3rd person sandboxes are the cheats. That was what made Saints Row 2 waaaaaay better than GTA IV.

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Floppertje said:
garjian said:
reCAPTCHA isn't limited to just a "Simon says" type deal [http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore]; It's checking that you get one of the words right (the one it already knows) and kindly asking you what the other one is.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Grand Theft Auto - now with patented 'five' overlay for customers too braindead to decipher Roman numerals.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
DarkRyter said:
Also, I hope that's not the theme song. It's nowhere near as good as "The Soviet Connection".
The GTA IV trailer used Pruit Igoe by Phillip Glass, so GTA V's theme will probably be different from the trailer as well.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Actually this looks really really good. It has that same happy feel to it that Vice City had. In III, San Andreas and IV driving around really wasn't that fun for me cause the general feel of the game was just a little... off, I guess. This just seems like good ol' sunshine fun.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The Gentleman said:
It sounded a bit like Ray Liotta to me, the guy who played Tommy Vercetti in GTA: Vice City. That would be awesome.

The best thing about this game so far? It looks like it doesn't have GTA 4's Brown Filter.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
008Zulu said:
The Gentleman said:
It sounded a bit like Ray Liotta to me, the guy who played Tommy Vercetti in GTA: Vice City. That would be awesome.

The best thing about this game so far? It looks like it doesn't have GTA 4's Brown Filter.
Although since Tommy would be about 60 by now, he might be a tad too old to be the player character.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
Floppertje said:
garjian said:
reCAPTCHA isn't limited to just a "Simon says" type deal [http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore]; It's checking that you get one of the words right (the one it already knows) and kindly asking you what the other one is.
The italic one is ALWAYS the one it already knows. You can literally fill in absolutely everything for the other one... personally I'm being a total immature dick about it, since I usually fill in stuff like POOP or HITLER.... yeah, I'm sad.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
The narrator sounds suspiciously like someone who's covered wars, you know...
Maybe it's the same voice actor.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Could that be... Tommy Vercetti?

Other than that, fighter jet at 1:00 and dirigible at 0:17. Rather important that we can ride them, kapish, R*?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
SirCannonFodder said:
Although since Tommy would be about 60 by now, he might be a tad too old to be the player character.
All those years of conquering Miami, establishing a cartel and killing Hatians keeps you fit. Hell, there are 60 year olds with higher levels of fitness than a lot of people today.

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
Ihniwid said:
Was sort of hoping it'd be in space...sigh...
This made me chuckle.

OT: This actually looks pretty good. Even though it looks like it is going to be a less serious take on the franchise again, I'm not going to get my hopes up. GTA IV really disappointed me and Saint's Row has rightfully filled its shoes in my eyes.

Rynozeros

I'm on a boat
May 13, 2009
008Zulu said:
The Gentleman said:

Sounds like Frank West to me, also one of the character shown looks like him. Not saying that this is at all possible/plausible but imagine driving around San Andreas and WEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Also options for Zombie DLC.

Also pretty sure Rockstar said GTA IV and after wouldn't be the same universe as the GTA 3 universe (GTA 3, vice city, GTA:SA and the others) so there is that.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Im sold, im already pre-ordering it.

Bit disapointed Niko and Packie weren't mentioned in it though, there was easter eggs there a while back where you saw their names on air plane tickets to Los Santos. Im hoping they are in it.

That said, at least the protagonist seems a bit more upbeat than niko this time.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Personally, I wanted Hong-Kong. Think about it, that would be pretty original, and be a welcome change of scenery from the greyish brown aesthetic from GTAIV. But alternate southern California is fine too, at least it's more colourful.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
I'm curious, graphics have me interested and it might be fun from a sandbox perspective. Hopefully they take a step back from the narrative they had in GTA IV. But we'll see how much it enthralls me, though...

...I think Saints Row holds the crown that GTA forged in this Arena.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
I like how at the end, the word "five" wrapped around the roman unmoral "V" as if people they aim this game to would not be educated to read a "V" as a "5"! people like 4th grades and lower, or school drop outs...

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
York_Beckett said:

you just ninja'd me SO DAMN HARD

But yeah, on watching my thoughts went:

*ooh sounds like Frank West!
*HOLY SHIT MODERN VICE CITY!
*Mountains... so not likely to be Florida then, therefore maybe not vice city
*Interstate... that could mean one of two things...
*hey it IS Frank West!
*Crop dusting? the truth maybe?... that means... o_O
*Bank Robbery, looks kinda Kane and Lynch'y to me
*ooh other criminals in this world perhaps?
*lots of moving scenery, I like it
*Oil derricks? I think I know where this is headed :p BP jokes incoming no doubt!
*Pauses at 1.06 "san andreas" on the number plate... EPIC! Also looks like the number plates won't just say GTAV this time around, unsurprising, GTA SA did the same thing, with some brilliant parody plates
*That fella didn't look like Frank West... what does this mean? multiple characters? Image as designed?
*VINEWOOD right then, we has absolute confirmation, we are back to the good old SA!
*Jets, building sites. pretty logo, I like

Lets hope this game pulls it off! Im liking the more upbeat music being used this time around as well!

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
This looks awesome. Finally we're continuing the GTA series. I'll watch this one closely. And I must say two more words. No wait, three more words.

Oh hell yes.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Actually...that reminded me why I used to love GTA. Before IV, anyway, when I found Saints Row 2 instead. But this, this makes me remember. And, happily, there's no word of cousins. Though, I can see a potential "go play with your miscreant children" interruption, but that doesn't need to be there at all hint hint R*. Maybe they'll take their crown back from the Saints.

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
garjian said:
It can be set in San Andreas all it likes... it looks like the same boring stuff, just with some countryside.
Since you've seen to be able to get more info out of the trailer than it actually had, tell me what kind of activities will be in the games. Will the fire truck missions be back? How about the robbery missions, or the demolition derby missions?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
chiefohara said:
Im sold, im already pre-ordering it.

Bit disapointed Niko and Packie weren't mentioned in it though, there was easter eggs there a while back where you saw their names on air plane tickets to Los Santos. Im hoping they are in it.

That said, at least the protagonist seems a bit more upbeat than niko this time.
For some reason, when I saw the two exterminators leap out the back of the van, I thought one of them looked a bit like Packie. No idea how I could tell that, given that they were wearing masks, but that just looks like the sort of thing Packie would be getting up to.

Anyway, I would have been sold on this game regardless, but this gets my vote.

Oh, and to all the people in the Saints Row camp? If you haven't done so already, please make your own thread extolling the virtues of said game/series. Yes, we get it, You prefer SR to GTA. You think GTA IV was too serious and prefer the more lighthearted shenanigans of Saints Row. Well done. Let's all just enjoy the games we prefer in peace. Isn't it great the way we can all have different tastes yet still get along with other? It's things like that makes me like this community so much!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
People, it probably isn't going to be all of San Andreas. Most likely it will just be Los Santos with Red County(although that first view of countryside would seem to fit Whetstone). I honestly wouldn't expect them to put all of SA in the new engine. Especially as I didn't see any of Las Venturas or San Fierro in the video.
Don't raise your expectations so high so you end up hating the game for petty reasons later on.
If it is just Los Santos, that is going to be good enough for me. I know they are going to revamp it like they did Liberty City for IV, but I wouldn't mind if they keep CJ's neighborhood in. That was a fun cul-de-sac for fighting the police at.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
punipunipyo said:
I like how at the end, the word "five" wrapped around the roman unmoral "V" as if people they aim this game to would not be educated to read a "V" as a "5"! people like 4th grades and lower, or school drop outs...
It's from a dollar bill from back in the day. It's not a dig by Rockstar at its customers, it's actually from the government back then putting it on there, likely because of the lack of information spread in the middling years of the US. Don't jump to conclusions.

Like I said in the other thread, this looks really cool, and even if it has nothing to do with GTA:SA, I'm still happy as hell to go back on a newer engine.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Did you guys notice what's the motto on police squad cars? "Obey and Survive". Classic Rockstar humor. These guys are so awesome. This is the game that will make me buy a console, I just know it.

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
MarsProbe said:
Oh, and to all the people in the Saints Row camp? If you haven't done so already, please make your own thread extolling the virtues of said game/series. Yes, we get it, You prefer SR to GTA. You think GTA IV was too serious and prefer the more lighthearted shenanigans of Saints Row. Well done. Let's all just enjoy the games we prefer in peace. Isn't it great the way we can all have different tastes yet still get along with other? It's things like that makes me like this community so much!
So much this. I loved GTA IV, and yet - Get this! - I'm also getting Saints Row: The Third! I know, I'm obviously some kind of mutant for enjoying both games for different reasons and acknowledging that both have their strengths. There can be only one!

In all seriousness, this GTA/Saints Row pissing contest I keep seeing all over the internet is really childish.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Mcoffey said:
MarsProbe said:
So much this. I loved GTA IV, and yet - Get this! - I'm also getting Saints Row: The Third! I know, I'm obviously some kind of mutant for enjoying both games for different reasons and acknowledging that both have their strengths. There can be only one!

In all seriousness, this GTA/Saints Row pissing contest I keep seeing all over the internet is really childish.
Both games can be good?

.....you get out of the internet NOW!!!!

But yes I cannot wait for Saints III to, and this trailer for GTA just is icing on the cake of games I can't wait to play in the future.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
DarkRyter said:

From the trailer, this one's not gonna be the technological leap forward IV was from III/San Andreas. Looks like they're stickin with Euphoria. Still looks damn pretty, but wish it was damn prettier.

Just looks like GTA4 with the iCEnhancer ENB graphic mod (btw if you got gta4 and yet to try out that mod, do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhGYGvhhU60 ). I hope they improve up on the gameplay and add more mission variations, less random (and frequent) telephone calls asking if you want to go to the t*tty bar

DamnedChoir

Cylon Inquisitor
Oct 27, 2009
This looks really bland and uninteresting so far. Still waiting for Rockstar to impress me.

Draconalis

Sep 11, 2008
Tom Templeton said:
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Jack Thompson rage over it.

But i was disappointing to see San Andreas. Wanted vice city, Manchester or London. *Sigh*
I'd like to see something new, like Tokyo or Shanghai.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Floppertje said:
Um... you know how reCaptchas work, right? One of the words is right. The other is fluff. You can just type in "iuagfaiugf" for one and "tyronomy" for the other and you'd get in. (Assuming "tyronomy" was the correct one, I mean.)

This is an example the good folks at 4chan use whenever someone complains about the dual-word Captchas.It contains dubious amounts of the word "******" (hello /b/) so I'll just send it to you like this, but it should explain how it works. http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/4chan-is-using-googles-captcha-technology-to-get-the-word-******-inserted-into-digital-books-as-much-as-possible.png

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
York_Beckett said:
Now he can add gang shootings and bank robberies to his resume of things he's covered.

Wouldn't that be a twist? You're not a criminal at all. You're hard nosed photo journalist, Frank West and this is a prequel to Dead Rising. He's covered wars. Urban wars.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Just had a dash of Hispanic but not too much, so possibly mixed race 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican, Cuban etc etc.

...me edging towards Cuban too.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Wait will this be in San Andreas? Or just Los Santos?

Either way fuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyes YES!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Im so happy I could cry :')
I freaking love GTA !

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Floppertje said:
The Gentleman said:

Captcha works by giving you too words, one of which it knows, and the other it doesn't. The longer word is almost always the one it knows. It checks the one it knows against it's database, and it assumes that since you got one word right, you got the other one right too, and adds what you typed as what the unknown word says.

I like to fuck with it by replacing the unknown word with my name, every single time.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
daxterx2005 said:
what an awful logo, It reads Grand Theft Auto Five Five...
pick one or the other.
lol! first thing Yahtzee's probably going to say when he reviews it! XD

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Comando96 said:
The Gentleman said:
Just had a dash of Hispanic but not too much, so possibly mixed race 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican, Cuban etc etc.

...me edging towards Cuban too.
Plus, they can frame it as a "Son of Scarface" story

Magic Pancake

Dec 1, 2009
Huh, San Andreas again (or at leas Los Santos). Was never that interested in getting 4, world looked too small and too brown/grey. Was kinda hoping that they'd have one based in prohibition era Chicago, but I guess it would be hard to get a good sound track for that one.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
not sure. i kind of lost interest in them since part 4 was poorly optimized for the pc and was not willing to install tones of patches just to play this game. the last one i dint get either and maybe i dont bother either with this one.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'm considering getting this game, I missed out on IV because it looked so boring. But this one actually has some cool scenery and colours.

Also, if they make the game play run as smooth as this trailer, it will give me another reason to buy it.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Frylock72 said:
punipunipyo said:
It's from a dollar bill from back in the day. It's not a dig by Rockstar at its customers, it's actually from the government back then putting it on there, likely because of the lack of information spread in the middling years of the US. Don't jump to conclusions.

Like I said in the other thread, this looks really cool, and even if it has nothing to do with GTA:SA, I'm still happy as hell to go back on a newer engine.
oh wow... me history fail? dang! heh... sorry... that was the only part that bothered me...

Don't give me wrong.. looks REAL good! can't wait to see the actual thing. I skip GTA4, so I don't really know how much "jump" is this one to 4, but compared to GTA3SA, this one looked more lively, and more features added to add realism! good job RS... as far as game goes... I hope it's more fun than job, and more features/weapons than polished old things...

999realthings

Jun 23, 2011
Welcome to San Andreas, fool.
Looks good and glad we're leaving the depressing Liberty City for something more cheerful.
Hope they bring back humourous and fun missions.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Looks cool. I hope the narrator is the protagonist, because that would mean for once a GTA protagonist is actually wealthy to begin with. Nice change to the system.

garjian said:

(Wow... considering that GTASA is still one of my favourite games... GTAIV put me right off the series didnt it? >.>)
Yep. Once you start slagging off a game and making your mind up after seeing ONE trailer - which gives almost no indication of the gameplay at all - you know you're probably not thinking clearly anymore.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Floppertje said:
Maybe you should look up what a recaptcha actually does

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Vice City was the last good game they had going for them.

Why does every one of these take place in the huge, metropolis areas? Why nothing international and halfway decent? LA and New York are boring cities.

Could you imagine New Orleans with locations in Texas? Maybe even Chicago. They pick the WORST cities in this country to locate these games in. I'll pass on this one considering it looks like the same exact game from a decade ago.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Sonicron said:
Grand Theft Auto - now with patented 'five' overlay for customers too braindead to decipher Roman numerals.
That's probably not too far off. When GTA IV was out here, I heard a lot of people say "Gee Tee Ay Eye Vee".[footnote]EDIT - And they were not saying it sarcastically either.[/footnote] So. Fucking. Annoying.

I'm looking forward to this. I've enjoyed all the GTA games I've played so far, except the one on iOS. That was boring. I was hoping for Vice City or an all together new location, but San Andreas is fine for me.

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
Well since they put 2 things i really like into GTA V - palmtrees and jets - i'm sold. :)
Can't wait.

aerobeing

Aug 20, 2011
Looks like San Andreas on the new engine. Just what many people wanted.

DarkRyter said:

Arsen said:
Why does every one of these take place in the huge, metropolis areas? Why nothing international and halfway decent? LA and New York are boring cities.
So far, in all but two games they had different renditions of the same three places from the original GTA: Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City.

Gman said:
Personally, I wanted Hong-Kong.
I was really disappointed when the True Crime: Hong-Kong was cancelled. The original game was kind of bad, but provided good fun.

samsonguy920 said:
People, it probably isn't going to be all of San Andreas. Most likely it will just be Los Santos with Red County(although that first view of countryside would seem to fit Whetstone). I honestly wouldn't expect them to put all of SA in the new engine. Especially as I didn't see any of Las Venturas or San Fierro in the video.
They did an expansion in size from GTA 3 to San Andreas. Might do the same here, since they already have an engine and probably some stuff made for the GTA 4 they can use in this one.

Hey, BakedZnake! Listen! Want to go to a titty bar? If so, do a barrel roll!

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Father Time said:
garjian said:
Since you've seen to be able to get more info out of the trailer than it actually had, tell me what kind of activities will be in the games. Will the fire truck missions be back? How about the robbery missions, or the demolition derby missions?
Hahahaha BURN!

Fuck yeah Rockstar...everything you do looks more and more awesome...If anyone was allowed to remake their previous game, its you.

War-hamster

Apr 5, 2010
When the trailer started, I thought the game would take place in vice city. I found out, that it isn't. I am sad.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Now here is the important question.
Which game would be more fun?
GTAV or Saints Row The Third?

My bet is on Saints Row.
GTAV looks nice, but I think it might have the same problems IV had with tutorials and just not having a lot of fun stuff in it...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
unimpressed. this was a bland taeser that really didnt got me interested.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Looking forward to it. Rockstar has been on a roll for me for the last few years.

...See what I did thar?

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Yes you moved into a city and didn't want to be a criminal and now you are and blah blah blah...

But can I ride a bike!?!

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
One day... One day they'll actually make Grand Theft Auto: Harbour City, you'll see! :'(

poleboy

May 19, 2008
I'm a little bit disappointed. This looks incredibly generic... the protagonist sounds really dull, everything is back to shiny and sunny instead of grimey, and I didn't see much of a plot in there. It feels like a throwback to Vice City or something.

MahouSniper

May 21, 2009
I have to admit, I was really hoping for a new location. Maybe Chicago, or LA, or London. However, if they do the Sand Andreas triple city thing, complete with Area 51 and tons of casinos, it could be pretty cool as that is probably my favorite locale so far.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
MahouSniper said:
I have to admit, I was really hoping for a new location. Maybe Chicago, or LA, or London. However, if they do the Sand Andreas triple city thing, complete with Area 51 and tons of casinos, it could be pretty cool as that is probably my favorite locale so far.
Umm... they ARE doing LA. Los Santos = Los Angeles.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Ihniwid said:
Was sort of hoping it'd be in space...sigh...
Press X to jack a space ship. Sounds like fun!

Graphics look really nice, a big improvement from GTAIV's sort of sewer water kind of look.

I look forward to see how this turns out. Will they be retuning to the crazy and fun roots, or sticking to the serious trend Rockstar games have been having.

GammaZord

Jan 26, 2009
Was hoping for DC (cuz that's where I'm from), plus the politics and shit opens up a new angle for satire, we've already been to LA guys

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Booooring!
Saints Row has surpassed GTA, and what do they do?
Release the same game, basically.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Well thanks, Rockstar, you've told us absolutely nothing about your game other than the setting.

But, if what's in the video is to be believed, there'll be more customization this time, like in SA and what IV was missing. I hope.

And it's going to be interesting seeing the protagonist as a rich guy, someone at the top of the food chain rather than the bottom. It's going to make for another compelling story.

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
Looking forward to the game, though I'm wondering really if it's like San Andreas where you go to three cities, or if we'll just be only at Los Santos. Yes, there's a mountain and countryside, but from what I can remember, there's an actual mountain nearby Los Angeles. It's just not noticable a lot because of all the darn smog in the city.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Only reason i am not disappointed, is because i was not expecting anything (and got just that).

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Father Time said:
garjian said:
Firstly yes, to all of that.
Secondly, this:
garjian said:
...was the important part.
i told you in the very post you quoted that i was being irrational.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Considering I abandoned GTA4 only a few hours into the game, its going to take a lot to win back my good will Rockstar.

The first thing on your list better be a decent PC port of the game that is playable with only keyboard and mouse.

Until then I'll stick to Vice City.