Trailers: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I commented in the original thread already, but I just wanted to point something out:

When the gunmen hop out of the exterminator van, at least two of them are using suppressed AK-47s. Does this mean we finally will have some basic customization of the weapons?

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
The Gentleman said:
I commented in the original thread already, but I just wanted to point something out:

When the gunmen hop out of the exterminator van, at least two of them are using suppressed AK-47s. Does this mean we finally will have some basic customization of the weapons?
maybe certain weapons have silenced versions as different models? worked that way for the silenced 9mm in San Andreas...

Any guesses as to the ethnicity of the protagonist (if he's the one doing the VO)? He didn't sound caucasian to me, but not distinctly hispanic or black either.

EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
It can be set in San Andreas all it likes... it looks like the same boring stuff, just with some countryside.

(Wow... considering that GTASA is still one of my favourite games... GTAIV put me right off the series didnt it? >.>)

Floppertje said:
Any guesses as to the ethnicity of the protagonist (if he's the one doing the VO)? He didn't sound caucasian to me, but not distinctly hispanic or black either.

EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.
He looks and sounds like a very serious Frank West to me... definitely american.
and yeah, ive done that with capchas before... they are quite lenient.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Floppertje said:
The Gentleman said:

maybe certain weapons have silenced versions as different models? worked that way for the silenced 9mm in San Andreas...

Sounds like a white ethnic to me, possibly Italian or Cuban.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Jack Thompson rage over it.

But i was disappointing to see San Andreas. Wanted vice city, Manchester or London. *Sigh*

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Damn, I guessed it was gonna be Washington DC.

Aw well, Alternate LA's pretty okay.

From the trailer, this one's not gonna be the technological leap forward IV was from III/San Andreas. Looks like they're stickin with Euphoria. Still looks damn pretty, but wish it was damn prettier.

Also, I hope that's not the theme song. It's nowhere near as good as "The Soviet Connection".

Monty McDougal

Mar 15, 2011
Wasn't expecting a trailer so soon after the announcement, all I really care about with these 3rd person sandboxes are the cheats. That was what made Saints Row 2 waaaaaay better than GTA IV.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Grand Theft Auto - now with patented 'five' overlay for customers too braindead to decipher Roman numerals.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
DarkRyter said:
Also, I hope that's not the theme song. It's nowhere near as good as "The Soviet Connection".
The GTA IV trailer used Pruit Igoe by Phillip Glass, so GTA V's theme will probably be different from the trailer as well.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Actually this looks really really good. It has that same happy feel to it that Vice City had. In III, San Andreas and IV driving around really wasn't that fun for me cause the general feel of the game was just a little... off, I guess. This just seems like good ol' sunshine fun.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The Gentleman said:
It sounded a bit like Ray Liotta to me, the guy who played Tommy Vercetti in GTA: Vice City. That would be awesome.

The best thing about this game so far? It looks like it doesn't have GTA 4's Brown Filter.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
008Zulu said:
The Gentleman said:
It sounded a bit like Ray Liotta to me, the guy who played Tommy Vercetti in GTA: Vice City. That would be awesome.

The best thing about this game so far? It looks like it doesn't have GTA 4's Brown Filter.
Although since Tommy would be about 60 by now, he might be a tad too old to be the player character.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
Floppertje said:
garjian said:
and yeah, ive done that with capchas before... they are quite lenient.
reCAPTCHA isn't limited to just a "Simon says" type deal [http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore]; It's checking that you get one of the words right (the one it already knows) and kindly asking you what the other one is.
The italic one is ALWAYS the one it already knows. You can literally fill in absolutely everything for the other one... personally I'm being a total immature dick about it, since I usually fill in stuff like POOP or HITLER.... yeah, I'm sad.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
The narrator sounds suspiciously like someone who's covered wars, you know...
Maybe it's the same voice actor.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Could that be... Tommy Vercetti?

Other than that, fighter jet at 1:00 and dirigible at 0:17. Rather important that we can ride them, kapish, R*?