Trailers: Halo 4 - E3 Gameplay Trailer

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Oof. Now that's some sick ass looking gameplay footy.

Glad to hear the Chief actually talk more than once every couple of hours.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
So... this takes place something like what? 10 years after Halo 3? Whay are we still having to kill Covenant forces?

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
So many interesting questions...I doubt this'll make me go out and buy a 360, but I am interested in what's going to happen. I like the design of the Forerunner weapons, but I hope they don't float together like that every time you pick one up. That'd suck up a lot of time. and yes, I'm sure we're all wondering why we're still fighting the Covenant. Patience, people. Less than 5 months for all of you.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
It looks good shame it's 360 only i'd have loved to play it on my pc but i doubt that will happen considering they never bothered releasing 3. Might buy an old 360 just to play it considering there fairly cheap used now a days.

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
Never been a Halo fan (Not got an Xbox), but I can objectively say that that looked awesome. It's a shame that I won't really have a chance to play it, but I still look forward to more footage. Also, the gun design on those Forerunner weapons was great.

Lastly, it's good to see a gameplay trailer with actual gameplay!

Jul 22, 2009
The only thing that annoys me is that the covenant are again in this game.

I see no reason for them to still exist ._.

They better have some incredible explanation.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
It looks fantastic! Game play, creativity, the new enemy looks physicality scary! I can see why 343 was chosen. One issue. A tiny issue that won't stop me buying it (Seriously, I'll be at the launch. It looks like a Crysis mod. A well made and fantastical crysis mod with a well structured story and characters but a mod nether the less.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
GamesB2 said:

We either get two things going on. 343/Microsoft did a retcon/made the Covenant and Human wars start again. Or, since MC has been in cryo for ten years basically, he doesn't know that the fighting's over between the two forces.

First would be a cop out, second would actually be a bit more acceptable.

But that makes me wanna try Halo 4 now, definitely.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
That looks really impressive. It almost gets past the Halo aesthetic which I find look really unattractive (not quite though. It's something to do with the outlines and the ground? Everything is still a little too round and artifical. It's not even about graphics power, most games, even PS2 games didn't bother me like this) but they're being creative with story telling in the game world, they've got new enemies, new questions and a slightly different vibe.

Cortanna was an amazing character (and I've only ever really watched someone else play the games :D) and having her dying off is already pulling me in. (Although I can imagine they're going to do this cheaply and maybe resolve it Disney style. MGS4 this ain't)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
LordOfInsanity said:
GamesB2 said:

We either get two things going on. 343/Microsoft did a retcon/made the Covenant and Human wars start again. Or, since MC has been in cryo for ten years basically, he doesn't know that the fighting's over between the two forces.

First would be a cop out, second would actually be a bit more acceptable.

But that makes me wanna try Halo 4 now, definitely.
What about the timeline for Cortana. If she's only been in service for eight years this is more than likely before the wars have ended. Unless they've said somewhere that this is after he goes into cryo.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Well I have no idea about the story, but this is a seriously pretty looking game.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I'm getting a Metroid Prime feel on this, and that's a good thing.

Also, who else would have the cajones to straight up punch a flaming, SCREAMING, skull that popped out of nowhere.