Trailers: Kinect Star Wars: E3 2011

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
All i wanted was a star wars game where i could force physics objects around a room with the flat of my hand, doing different hand gestures for push pull lightning etc, or maybe some kind of one on one duel game, but not this.. NOT THIS!

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I saw some gameplay footage of the lightsaber part earlier today. To put it very lightly, it looks like ass.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
What a piece of junk!

I understand why it's on the rails, but that doesn't mean i have to like it, and in reality it's probably the only way it would work. I expected a lot better than this, this...thing.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
For the love of God. Please stop killing SW. Just give me throwing stuff and lightning and I'll be happy.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Yay look, a Star Wars themed party game for the Kinect. How pathetic.

What's that you say? Make a action/adventure Star Wars game for the Kinect with a new storyline and new characters, good multiplayer and add in Kinect-ibility? Nahhhhh let's make something crappier....DONE! Rancor stomping suck-ass fun!

Think the Force Unleased type game with Kinect or something even close to that not this movie derivative, on rails, mini-game-esque crap.

I have a bad feeling about this....game.

CptRumGuy

Jul 31, 2008
Microsoft: "Your fans never told you what happened to your franchise..."
George Lucas: "They told me enough! They told me you killed it!"
M: "No....YOU killed your franchise."
L: "No....no...that's not true...that's impossible!"
M: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
L: "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! nnnooooooo!"

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Why do all these movement games make it look fun.....but when I play its like a thousand people trying to swat 1 fly....

Also it looks...bad...

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
9_6 said:
Kinect can't detect hand angles so swinging a lightsaber by flicking your wrist is not possible like that.
What gave you that idea? Sure it can. Kinect works with a high-res depth map of the scene in front of it.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Until they can work out a way to control how you move and fight at the same time, Kinect will continue to suck. Apart from the voice commands. Paying for on the rails combat is not fun

Don Reba said:
9_6 said:
Kinect can't detect hand angles so swinging a lightsaber by flicking your wrist is not possible like that.
What gave you that idea? Sure it can. Kinect works with a high-res depth map of the scene in front of it.
Well it can't detect finger, and finger movments, so wrist flicks seem a little subtle? It's not about the resolution, but recognising the motion I think

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
BrotherRool said:
Well it can't detect finger, and finger movments, so wrist flicks seem a little subtle? It's not about the resolution, but recognising the motion I think
Kinect tracks 16 body points, including hands, feet, and neck. Its body part recognition comes from Microsoft Research, which publishes its work, so we know what it does in all the gruesome detail: http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/145347/BodyPartRecognition.pdf

But then, a game can also take the original depth map and perform its own recognition, so even finger gestures are not totally out of the question. I think we will see much more advanced usage of Kinect in the coming years.