Trailers: League of Legends: Wukong Champion Spotlight

Citizen Snips

A Seldom Used Crab
May 13, 2009
Nayr said:
Glad to see league spotlights on here. I am not a big fan of the monkey king though, I went through 7 queue dodges the other day because he kept being played. Also as a fed Xin I couldn't solo the monkey king, xin is one of the best duelists in the game... Oh well like Vayne he will get nerfed.

His moves seem really unbalanced, for example his move where he dashes to you does not seem to do much damage, while his ulti is basically a guaranteed kill. But he does look super fun to play.

Also who at Riot thought it was a good idea to make a tough character who does good damage (with his ult) be able to go invisible. Makes me want to scream lol.
Not to flex my virtual muscles or anything, but I never see a good Xin either on my team or playing against them. Grant it I'm only lvl 17, so I haven't seen a ton of great characters but my Spartan Baker Pantheon has always dominated a Xin. I promise I'm not calling you out, because I'm still very new to this.

I found Wukong to be more of an annoyance than a threat most of my games, but I think that is because no one knows what to make of him yet. I've seen people stacking blood thirsters, warmogs, and even the frozen mallets trying to make a build for him. Trydamere is just a better answer in most practical situations where he could be useful.

On a side note, my poor panth's ultimate was killed for me. No global "Nuclear Launch Detected" death drops for me anymore. Stupid 5500 range.

Nayr

Aug 18, 2010
Citizen Snips said:
Nayr said:
Glad to see league spotlights on here. I am not a big fan of the monkey king though, I went through 7 queue dodges the other day because he kept being played. Also as a fed Xin I couldn't solo the monkey king, xin is one of the best duelists in the game... Oh well like Vayne he will get nerfed.

His moves seem really unbalanced, for example his move where he dashes to you does not seem to do much damage, while his ulti is basically a guaranteed kill. But he does look super fun to play.

Also who at Riot thought it was a good idea to make a tough character who does good damage (with his ult) be able to go invisible. Makes me want to scream lol.
Not to flex my virtual muscles or anything, but I never see a good Xin either on my team or playing against them. Grant it I'm only lvl 17, so I haven't seen a ton of great characters but my Spartan Baker Pantheon has always dominated a Xin. I promise I'm not calling you out, because I'm still very new to this.

I found Wukong to be more of an annoyance than a threat most of my games, but I think that is because no one knows what to make of him yet. I've seen people stacking blood thirsters, warmogs, and even the frozen mallets trying to make a build for him. Trydamere is just a better answer in most practical situations where he could be useful.

On a side note, my poor panth's ultimate was killed for me. No global "Nuclear Launch Detected" death drops for me anymore. Stupid 5500 range.
I am a 30, so I guess it makes sense you have not seen a great Xin yet. I used to main Pantheon (I have the perseus skin, and hundreds of games as him) and a good Xin should be able to 1v1 a pantheon of equal build. I did not think you were calling me out, it is just your opinion. I won't play panth anymore now that his ult got nerfed, he has been hit by far to many nerfs.

The more you play I hope you see a good jungle xin, he is a great duelist. But to see Wukong with only a trinity force solo me was baffling haha. Especially with my rune page and the build I had. Also Tryndamere is ridiculous lol, and is always good. Add apackofkoalas if you want to see a decent Xin/jarvan.

Citizen Snips

A Seldom Used Crab
May 13, 2009
Nayr said:
Citizen Snips said:
Nayr said:

I am a 30, so I guess it makes sense you have not seen a great Xin yet. I used to main Pantheon (I have the perseus skin, and hundreds of games as him) and a good Xin should be able to 1v1 a pantheon of equal build. I did not think you were calling me out, it is just your opinion. I won't play panth anymore now that his ult got nerfed, he has been hit by far to many nerfs.

The more you play I hope you see a good jungle xin, he is a great duelist. But to see Wukong with only a trinity force solo me was baffling haha. Especially with my rune page and the build I had. Also Tryndamere is ridiculous lol, and is always good. Add apackofkoalas if you want to see a decent Xin/jarvan.
Jarvan is terrifying! I'll be sure to add you though, because I'm always looking for more people to play with.

AngryPeanut

Apr 1, 2010
Hristo Tzonkov said:
He's not bad...I really like the last champ they introduced - Leona.But there is something really wrong with her and I can't put my foot down.
Eh that's because Leona's like a more offensive Taric. Unless she has at least one person with her she's more or less useless. If you get a Leona with a partner who follows her around, or a Leona that sticks with her team, she's an ungodly tank capable of pumping out a lot of damage with her passive.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
AngryPeanut said:
Hristo Tzonkov said:
He's not bad...I really like the last champ they introduced - Leona.But there is something really wrong with her and I can't put my foot down.
Eh that's because Leona's like a more offensive Taric. Unless she has at least one person with her she's more or less useless. If you get a Leona with a partner who follows her around, or a Leona that sticks with her team, she's an ungodly tank capable of pumping out a lot of damage with her passive.
After about 20 games with her I discovered she's like half of Amumu's abilities got upgraded and then she enters late game where she can't pump the same amount of passive damage like Amumu or Garen.She's an aggressive early game tank,maybe roamer.Her bad farm and lack of damage or that good tanking stats late game makes her gimped.She's still amazingly fun to play with.Her W needs a reworking or her ult otherwise she won't be that good for a champ marketed as a tank.

Korusho

Apr 4, 2011
Xzi said:
Korusho said:
Build Trin Force, win every game! He looks like a great champ, not gonna say balanced because I haven't seen him in game yet. Wonder how mid-low elo will react to him.
He's probably one of the most balanced champions Riot has released thus far. Unfortunately, with so many other champions being a little unbalanced in the direction of overpowered, he doesn't really compete for the top tiers. He's probably about last in tier 2 or high tier 3. As far as tanky DPS goes, he's better than Renekton, worse than Jarvan and Irelia.
It seems to be going that way with most champs Riot releases (overpowered in the sense that when compared to the older champs they are more effective at their jobs). I've stopped playing LoL due to this, for several weeks now, I still haven't even seen the new tank in action. I've just accepted the idea that Riot's balance and champ creation teams are 100% seperate.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
i dont like his moves. they simply dont express how mischievous the monkey king is. (except for that cloak and clone) i think he would have been better with stuns,slows, blinks, etc. that would make him very annoying to the enemy team, and more fitting of the title of monkey king

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Mahorfeus said:
A lot of people complain about him being a rehash of different champs, but he looks pretty fun to play.
He's mostly a rehash of Xin Zhao (spin, launch attack, tanky-passive), but his illusion mindtrickery and dash makes him more distinct.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Sneaklemming said:
Nice champ trailers on the escapist! Good to know the escapist have their finger on the pulse.

I saw wukong today - he didn't seem to stand out very much, but after seeing the video I think it's clear he's a pretty advanced champ.
His Q hits turrets and reduces their armor. Build a trinity and you will wreck some shit up.

He definitely stands out. Oh, and he's super fun to play.

Timmehexas

Aug 15, 2010
Wukong was a bit disappointing overall, was expecting a bit more of a quick positioning fast paced hero, but oh well still okay to play. The HoN Monkey King was more what I had in mind for how the hero would be played, but again his mechanics wouldn't make much sense in LoL.