Trailers: League of Legends: Wukong Champion Spotlight

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
League of Legends: Wukong Champion Spotlight

A champion spotlight for Wukong: The Monkey King.

Watch Video

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Seems a bit odd that the Escapist would post a Champion Spotlight in the trailers section. I don't believe they've done this for any others.

Did something change?

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
What the above poster said. This is almost a bi-weekly thing, why is this one on the Escapist when none of them have been before? It's not like it's particularly spectacular :/

rammst13n

Jun 26, 2011
glad to see league if legends things on here, but a champion spotlight is a bit too frequent and this is a bit too late

edy131

Feb 5, 2010
Weird, I had never seen another champion spotlight on the trailers, but there's a first for everything I guess...
woo

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Where's the move that can freeze anyone when he points at them? Anyway, I'm interested in this game now.

Jan 23, 2009
Nice champ trailers on the escapist! Good to know the escapist have their finger on the pulse.

I saw wukong today - he didn't seem to stand out very much, but after seeing the video I think it's clear he's a pretty advanced champ.

Apr 25, 2009
Teehee, three people with LoL avatars :3

I want Wukong, saved up about 5500 so far, he looks like fun.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
A lot of people complain about him being a rehash of different champs, but he looks pretty fun to play.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Twilight.falls said:
Seems a bit odd that the Escapist would post a Champion Spotlight in the trailers section. I don't believe they've done this for any others.

Did something change?
edy131 said:
Weird, I had never seen another champion spotlight on the trailers, but there's a first for everything I guess...
woo
No particular reason one way or the other really, I spotted the trailer in one of the gaming PR media hubs. I started trying out the game a few days ago and I'm enjoying it thus far. So I am perfectly happy to potentially introduce a few more new people to it.

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
Kinda think it's funny that the Escapist posts a League of Legends video right when I start playing it, fun coincidence.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
He's not bad...I really like the last champ they introduced - Leona.But there is something really wrong with her and I can't put my foot down.

Korusho

Apr 4, 2011
Build Trin Force, win every game! He looks like a great champ, not gonna say balanced because I haven't seen him in game yet. Wonder how mid-low elo will react to him.

joonsk

Feb 26, 2011
I'm going to try this game right now. never been good at DoTa but I like playing it.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
If only Wukong wasn't bugged up the butt :(. Firstly his Q doesn't reduce as much as it says and secondly his main evasive skill can be hit by skills that shouldn't target invisible targets.

Nayr

Aug 18, 2010
Glad to see league spotlights on here. I am not a big fan of the monkey king though, I went through 7 queue dodges the other day because he kept being played. Also as a fed Xin I couldn't solo the monkey king, xin is one of the best duelists in the game... Oh well like Vayne he will get nerfed.

His moves seem really unbalanced, for example his move where he dashes to you does not seem to do much damage, while his ulti is basically a guaranteed kill. But he does look super fun to play.

Also who at Riot thought it was a good idea to make a tough character who does good damage (with his ult) be able to go invisible. Makes me want to scream lol.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
It's odd this trailer for a LoL hero is here.
Even stranger is that HoN will be releasing a hero also named Monkey King today (also has a spotlight video).

I wish the DotA clones would focus on balancing existing heroes over creating new ones. What's the point of having a roster of 256583 heroes if only 1/4 are viable at a competative level. I know people like to pick some heroes for fun, but what's wrong with fun and viable?

It's like both games expects DotA2 to be released and desimate them. Oddly enough it will, and the damage will be much more sevre if your devoted playerbase knows that DotA2 is alot more balanced than HoN/LoL. Stop distracting us with shiney new heroes we will hardly play because we pick them to try them out, fail with them because we don't know how they work and never pick them again.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
scw55 said:
It's like both games expects DotA2 to be released and desimate them. Oddly enough it will, and the damage will be much more sevre if your devoted playerbase knows that DotA2 is alot more balanced than HoN/LoL. Stop distracting us with shiney new heroes we will hardly play because we pick them to try them out, fail with them because we don't know how they work and never pick them again.
I really dont think DotA 2 will detroy Hon and LoL. Both games have a loyal fanbase and yes, when DotA 2 does come out there will be a decrease in player, but most will go back to the game that they liked in the first place. And besides DotA 2 is Icefrog's game and from what I've read nobody likes this guy...not even the Valve employees

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Wow, I never really watched these when I played LoL. They show some pretty good techniques in there...