Trailers: Lollipop Chainsaw - Halloween Trailer

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I think this has serious potential, I've liked Suda 51's previous projects, and I'm liking the very grind-house vibe he's going for. But I am a little worried about how he seems to be un-ironically objectifying the female body pretty damn blatantly, the whole thing just seems to scream "We don't expect anyone but heterosexual males to buy this game, so we aren't even going to try to appeal to anyone else".
Now, there is one way all this can be forgiven, if Suda 51 makes a followup project where the protagonist is a half naked man, to balance out the half naked woman, now we're objectifying everyone, fair is fair guys.
And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm bisexual.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Well... I don't know what this game is, really. There have been more violent games before, more crazy games before, and more "sex" before (seriously though, if it's only referring to the main character's outfit with that, there have definitely been sexier protagonists before).

And as a game to just waste time and have fun with, Saints Row The Third looks like a much better candidate.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
I was expecting the announcer to proclaim 'From the creative genius of Russ Meyer: Chainsaw Lollipop!'

Dissapointed =( Although I guess she is about 18 cup sizes below his expectations.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Mr.K. said:
Well I was just about to give it my full support, but then they said the B word... oh my golly that is just so improper and sexist.

On topic: Looks a bit too silly for me. Although, imagining essentially the same game with a male cheerleader instead, I realise I'd be quite interested in that. Ha. I'm such a bloody hypocrite.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
redneck_ant said:
I think is a brilliant trailer, very Grindhouse style :D
That's what I thought. They really nailed it as a Grindhouse spoof, even the voiceover guy sounds kinda like the guy in their movie trailers.

Also, it looks like tons of fun.

Gman said:
I think this has serious potential, I've liked Suda 51's previous projects, and I'm liking the very grind-house vibe he's going for. But I am a little worried about how he seems to be un-ironically objectifying the female body pretty damn blatantly, the whole thing just seems to scream "We don't expect anyone but heterosexual males to buy this game, so we aren't even going to try to appeal to anyone else".
Now, there is one way all this can be forgiven, if Suda 51 makes a followup project where the protagonist is a half naked man, to balance out the half naked woman, now we're objectifying everyone, fair is fair guys.
And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm bisexual.
Well, there are two ways of looking at Suda's games. It's either a clever parody of traditional video game values, or it's just exploitation of said values. Maybe it's not entirely one or the other. I do think that he is trying to make a point with the games he make, but it probably goes over most people's heads. And I'm not entirely sure he cares.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Okay, wow... that's just very... unique :p

In all seriousness, this might be bags of hilarious fun or end up supercrappy.
Time will tell! :)

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
God damnit, Suda 51, don't ever change. For every overly serious game we have, we need your insanity to remind us how bizarre and fun games can be.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Mr.K. said:
Well I was just about to give it my full support, but then they said the B word... oh my golly that is just so improper and sexist.
Well they only used it once so it retained its impact.

At least they weren't using as punctuation al la a certain open-world, flying-rodent, vigilante, detective game in the news recently.