Trailers: Lollipop Chainsaw - Swan Trailer

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
The theme alone is pure trainwreck. Even if you think it's hilarious, it's pure trainwreck.

Even if it has the best gameplay in the history of mankind, it's still pure trainwreck.

Yes, there are some things you can judge that quickly. No matter how you swing it, it's still a piece of over the top, over the top over the top, sexploitation. There's no maybe about the fact it's a trashy fanservice game.

Saying it might not be sleazy is like saying a Duke Nukem game might not be sleazy. It's already sleazy. In fact, it takes sleazy and throws it over the great wall of China before the game has even been released.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Still interested, wonder if Travis Touchdown will make a cameo.

She has a human head on her belt, there's got to be an oral sex joke in there somewhere.

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
Like, OMG, if she's, like, gonna talk all valley girl to me for, like, the entire game...I'm gonna suck-start my 9mm.

As worn out as this genre is getting (_____ vs. zombie) I'm kinda curious to see what Suda51 does with it.

SurrealFactory

Jun 17, 2011
Ahh, the Tarantino of video games strikes again. I enjoyed NMH quite a bit. Will have to keep an eye on this. Also, where has the respect gone for beautifully self-indulgent, over the top camp that decades of B movies and grindhouse films have established? Quentin, Rodriguez, etc. Of course it's blatantly fetishistic. But it's a million times better than writers that insert twisted sexual themes subliminally into their works (I'm especially looking at you, anime...)

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Normally I stay away from games with zombies because the zombies fad pisses me off.

I still really want to see how this turns out. After going back to No More Heroes (which I initially hated so much I took it back the day I got it) and absolutely loving it, I'm in the mood for Suda.

My body is ready.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
So it's a game in which you play a spunky high school girl who wears a cheerleaders outfit and sucks on a lollypop and carries the head (Who i presume) of her boyfriend whilst killing zombies with a customized chainsaw summoned by a goth kid who looks like Marilyn Mason.
Sounds like Suda to me.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
Oh god her voice! I really feel bad for the people who play this and have to listen to that thing squealing in your ear for 5 hours,also this just looks to me like another case of "We can't be arsed to think of an original idea, so we're going to be so absolutely batshit insane that nobody can question us because insanity doesn't need a coherent story or any semblance of logic!".

Upon writing this I've come to realize that I am hating on what could potentially make the games industry great again (for me atleast), I've always said that I miss the days when games could be about anything and not all games have to be gritty brown grimdark pieces of copypasted crap with the exact same gravelly voiced near silent protagonist, yet here is a game about colourful cheerleader with a bright pink pimped out chainsaw slaughtering zombies, now while this specific game doesn't look like it is to my liking, I applaud the developers for making it and hope that I see more of this type of game in the future.

Her voice still annoys the ever living piss out of me though.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I have to wonder what reaction this game would get if it wasn't being made by a trendy ironic name. I mean If you take out the whole Suda51 thing it's basically Bayonetta. I'm all for ironic quirky weirdness but there is such thing as becoming the thing your meant to be taking the piss out of. I just don't think I would enjoy this game over say, Deadly Premonition which is like a fine wine of weirdness.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
LilithSlave said:
Ouch, my head, that's Twilight Sparkle doing that horrendous libby "liek omg" Cali accent, too. My brain, my poor poor brain.
It is too... Bloody hell. Still looks like an entertaining, incredibly ridiculous game. But I don't own either of the consoles it's coming out on and am way too broke to buy one...

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Incredible, a trailer for a cheerleader and they didn't give in to an upskirt shot. This game might actually have hope.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Tara Strong?

It's been decided, I MUST get this game.
Endocrom said:
She has a human head on her belt, there's got to be an oral sex joke in there somewhere.
It's her boyfriend's disembodied head. I think.

BigDrig

Oct 21, 2011
I...
It....
They......
But.....

I give up. Are you trolling me? Are you serious? If this IS a thing....I will buy it just so I have a new game-to-play-while-drunk.

Sheamus

Mar 28, 2009
So, I watch an occasion anime and watching this trailer reminds me of "Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?" the protagonist is a male zombie who transforms into the chainsaw wielding cheerleader lol.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
this is going to be either REALLY awsome or REALLY bad... just hope they wont do like cathrine and keep it NTSC only :( (even though i wont be suprised if we dont get a pal version...)

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
Sheamus said:
So, I watch an occasion anime and watching this trailer reminds me of "Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?" the protagonist is a male zombie who transforms into the chainsaw wielding cheerleader lol.
wait what? man i have to see this...