Trailers: Metro: Last Light - Welcome to Moscow Walkthrough Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Metro: Last Light - Welcome to Moscow Walkthrough Trailer

Knowing how much air you have left seems like it would be important in almost every circumstance.

Watch Video

dnazeri

Jul 2, 2012
Looks pretty interesting. The action of the guns seemed really visceral. That scene with the nuke was pretty intense as well. We will have to wait and see if they can execute the "post-nuclear-holocaust apocalypse" theme in a unique and meaningful way.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
That actually looked pretty good.

Bit heavy on the scripting, but oh well.

DionysusSnoopy

May 9, 2009
Really enjoyed the first game and this looks even better. Big improvement on the watch displaying how much air you have with a filter.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
dnazeri said:
Looks pretty interesting. The action of the guns seemed really visceral. That scene with the nuke was pretty intense as well. We will have to wait and see if they can execute the "post-nuclear-holocaust apocalypse" theme in a unique and meaningful way.
Go play the first game. Its f*cking amazing.

OT: Well, colour me excited.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
OMG, a swear! Good thing I was born on January 1, 1900, when such language was common.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
*sigh* compared to the first game, I don't really think I want to play Last Light...

I mean, sure they updated it a bit, but... Besides the fact that it was shown on a console, I don't think it'll live up to expectations...
I mean, how they made the timer was nice, but, changing the filters on the mask itself was one of those "immersive" parts of 2033, but now it's just "pick up filter, get more time"

Sure, they added in wiping the glass, but, it's almost as if they had to limit the number of actions you can do in the game...
no, wait... THEY DID!

Console controllers can go to hell... as it looks like Eidos are doing the exact same thing with Hitman... (although that could be Square Enix's fault)
*sigh* I know this is a "PC gaming master race" comment, but... some games NEED that kind of control scheme... Because of how 2033 was set out, it worked fine, but since adding more in, 4A have had to change other bits of the game to level it out with the number of assignable buttons...
*sigh*

I wish they showed footage off a PC, so at least the updated engine could make our eyes glaze over in the sequel to (arguably) most graphically-demanding game to date...

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
not_you said:
*sigh* compared to the first game, I don't really think I want to play Last Light...

I mean, sure they updated it a bit, but... Besides the fact that it was shown on a console, I don't think it'll live up to expectations...
I mean, how they made the timer was nice, but, changing the filters on the mask itself was one of those "immersive" parts of 2033, but now it's just "pick up filter, get more time"

Sure, they added in wiping the glass, but, it's almost as if they had to limit the number of actions you can do in the game...
no, wait... THEY DID!

Console controllers can go to hell... as it looks like Eidos are doing the exact same thing with Hitman... (although that could be Square Enix's fault)
*sigh* I know this is a "PC gaming master race" comment, but... some games NEED that kind of control scheme... Because of how 2033 was set out, it worked fine, but since adding more in, 4A have had to change other bits of the game to level it out with the number of assignable buttons...
*sigh*

I wish they showed footage off a PC, so at least the updated engine could make our eyes glaze over in the sequel to (arguably) most graphically-demanding game to date...
The first game was on console and it worked fine with all the actions it contatined. You don't need a button from every action you mearly need them to be set appropriately it doesn't need to be dumbed down just because there aren't enough buttons for every action.

If a game was made on the PC that requiered you to use half the buttons on the keyboard it would be considered a complete mess and many people would hate it, "PC master race" or not, also I think your forgetting just what this video is, such as why it's so scripted. It is only a demo, the gameplay will be quite different then the gameply we just watched especially since there is still another year to wait untill release.

Wating

Sep 23, 2012
I know almost everything in this setting is made of scrap, but those flamers look really badass