Trailers: Saints Row: The Third: Steelport

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Saints Row: The Third: Steelport

Drew Holmes of Volition gives a tour of the city of Saints Row: The Third.

Watch Video

Omega Hunter 9

Feb 25, 2009
I haven't played the first two games, but this definitely makes me take notice of this installment. You have to wonder what the design meetings looked like when talking about the vehicle design.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
This is shaping up to be the best sandbox crime-sim since Saints Row 2!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
A vehicle mounted man cannon, that you can use to suck up passers by and fire them out for s#!ts and giggles.

I don't know what to say, I'm still grinning at the utter absurdity of it all.

Well that's my holiday's taken care of.

pieguy259

Dec 25, 2008
So what's the catch? Starting out as godlike supermen with the ability to call in airstrikes is all well and good, but it's not much of a challenge.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I can honestly not wait for this game to come out. I hope it has a free play mode like in GTA IV because then it will be a god-send :D

Rylot

May 14, 2010
pieguy259 said:
So what's the catch? Starting out as godlike supermen with the ability to call in airstrikes is all well and good, but it's not much of a challenge.
I was wondering about that. But just dicking around looks like so much fun that I'm not all that worried. God I can't wait for this game.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Wow, i'm glad that they fixed the ragdoll animation that made the main character look significantly less badass whenever he fell more than a few feet.

Also it's good that they took it in the "Batman villain with no Batman to stop them" direction. Hopefully the story keeps being awesome as well.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
This is downright hilarious. I was probably going to pick this one up anyway, but after this demo it's a guaranteed purchase. I just hope it'll be possible for multiple people to play simultaneously with VTOLs :p

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
My arse a VTOL can be found parked in an industrial estate. I really hope it's not like the chopper from the second and a end game reward. Aside from that, the new melee moves look absolutely brutal, and the gameplay looks incredible. It also looks much better then the second did as well. Now I'm really hyped for this.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
As long as the story is as funny and the level of professionalism and drama as the second game, this is easily looking to be the best game of the year.

Please don't fuck me over in the story department. I don't want this game to more over-hype, I've been disappointed by every game I've bought this year so far, I don't need to add this on to my list.

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
Looks a tad bit over the top. I like driving more the flying though so i doubt i will use the jet often. Unless it is customizable. I love that part of saints row games. Driving in a purple sports car while in a tuxedo i loved that.
Hybridwolf said:
My arse a VTOL can be found parked in an industrial estate. I really hope it's not like the chopper from the second and a end game reward. Aside from that, the new melee moves look absolutely brutal, and the gameplay looks incredible. It also looks much better then the second did as well. Now I'm really hyped for this.
This was a demo. everything was put there for a reason, The gangs and the fists. Doupt it what we will see in the release copy. I mean the johnny gat vehicle and the other one ? and right where he landed. Its just meant to show off gameplay.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
looks amazing... though I still haven't got round to playing saints row 2, so i've got that to look forward to when my pc gets fixed too.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
Flying Dagger said:
looks amazing... though I still haven't got round to playing saints row 2, so i've got that to look forward to when my pc gets fixed too.
should get it on a console the pc verison of saints row 2 is really glitchy

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I just got in the Saints Row Double Pack; so far it's great fun, but if this is only a modicum of what's in store, I can barely contain myself.