Trailers: Shogun 2 Battle Trailer 4

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Shogun 2 Battle Trailer 4

In Shogun 2: Total War use the teachings passed down by Sun Tzu to achieve victory and claim the Shogunate for yourself.

Watch Video

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Just a thought here. Does anyone else think there should be a real time campaign map? You set out your orders and and battles are dealt with when in a certain range sort of thing. Kinda similar to that of Risk 2 same time campaign.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
Little Duck said:
Just a thought here. Does anyone else think there should be a real time campaign map? You set out your orders and and battles are dealt with when in a certain range sort of thing. Kinda similar to that of Risk 2 same time campaign.
I think that defeats the object. That's a good idea for another game, maybe. But total war is great for strategy fans, as the varied gameplay means you can engage in different styles and properly think and plan, in and out of the battle.

I can't wait for this game. 10 YEARS since the first Shogun, and that's still a fantastic game. Since then they've released great - yet buggy as hell - games, getting better and better mostly. This should be the crown jewel. Also, Rome 2 please :(

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Natdaprat said:
Little Duck said:
I think that defeats the object. That's a good idea for another game, maybe. But total war is great for strategy fans, as the varied gameplay means you can engage in different styles and properly think and plan, in and out of the battle.

I can't wait for this game. 10 YEARS since the first Shogun, and that's still a fantastic game. Since then they've released great - yet buggy as hell - games, getting better and better mostly. This should be the crown jewel. Also, Rome 2 please :(
I don't think so. The game would still be turn based. Just everyone's turn is at the same time (hence same time).

It would be a strategy game still. Just a different type.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Team Hollywood said:
Shogun 2 Battle Trailer 4

In Shogun 2: Total War use the teachings passed down by Sun Tzu to achieve victory and claim the Shogunate for yourself.

Watch Video
Stream not found. There is a problem with your trailer link.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Same issue as RelexCryo.
Its for all your videos as well, not sure what it could be.

Sheaphard117

Nov 5, 2009
stream is back up :)

Also I'm wondering if its going to be available for Mac's like Rome. Empire and Napolion weren't

Sheaphard117

Nov 5, 2009
TheNewDemoman said:
SUN TZU SAID THAT.

AND I'D SAY HE KNOWS A LITTLE MORE ABOUT FIGHTING THEN YOU DO PAL BECAUSE HE INVENTED IT

THEN HE PERFECTED IT SO THAT IT WOULD ONLY RUN ON A NUCLEAR REACTOR POWERED COMPUTER

-Soldier (TF2)
And from that moment on, any meeting of Japanese people is called a convention!

Unless its a fan-vdeo!

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Oh. Hell. Yes.
I wasn't going to get this after the fiasco that was empire, but... just look at that campaign map! I mean, fuck the battles, you could play the entire game on that map and not feel as if you'd wasted your money. Just so long as the game doesn't require the insane amount of micromanagement that Empire did, I can guarantee that I'm going to be in line for it!

*edit* As long as it doesn't rely on Steam. Please please please let there be no compulsory Steam.

yayforgiveaway

Aug 25, 2009
Worst trailer to a (I hope) good game I have ever seen.
Why they have chosen a woman that can not speak English?
Whenever I hear 'Sun Tzu' I just want to laugh. It's like praising a person who says 'wipe your ass' as a great sanitary control master.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
yayforgiveaway said:
Whenever I hear 'Sun Tzu' I just want to laugh. It's like praising a person who says 'wipe your ass' as a great sanitary control master.
It's because the game takes place in Japan so they wanted a Japanese person doing the narrative.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
The 3D real time battles look a bit more exciting than the Empire ones, those get old really fast ... the epic battles usually end as mess.
From memory :

Yelling at my troops, why cant you align properly ...is that pebble really in the way ?

Shoot you morons , SHOOOT!! What the [ beeep ] are you waiting for ? they are in your range!

Nooo! Dont go that way, theres a metric shit ton of guns and troops there, the other way !

Why cant you kill them, they are pulling a bloody cannon ( to my Calvary, who could catch up to the retreating cannon pulling enemy, just couldnt seem to actually kill them ).

One battle I vividly remember had me with half my forces rendered useless, not by the brilliant enemy AI strategy ... nooo, because a good portion of my deployment zone was in area with no means to exit, my units couldnt get off the plataue and so I couldnt use them.

The sea battles was atrocious, enemy AI seemed only capable of trying to run circles around your fleet, but that was balanced by your own units moronic AI firing broadsides at the wrong target as you manually try swing the ship to take out a more imminent threat.

The battles got quiet dull in the long run, especially the sea battles but I dare not use the auto resolve... once I used it as I had a everwhelming advantage, and the auto resolve resulted in a heavy loss for me.

I am planning on getting this game ( but not the inevitable Sega driven DLC flood ), and hope they fixed up the AI , Pathfinding and spiced up the 3D battles a bit.

SIXVI06-M

Jan 7, 2011
yayforgiveaway said:
I know, they totally should have picked someone with a thick scottish accent and give us subtitles, because samurais and the shogun totally started in Scotland. You know, the ninjas, monks and samurai were fighting over the haggis and sheep.

So totally historically incorrect man... I hear you.

Ruuvan

Nublet
May 26, 2009
I cannot wait for this game! Been playing Total War since the first bout of Samurai-sweetness and every trailer/teaser for Shogun 2 just makes me want it more. Hopefully they won't do an Empire and release it when there's still work to be done just to appease people. Regardless of how long I've waited, I'm willing to go a little longer to get this sweet piece of gaming on my shelf.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
man i need this game. i think i've already played the hell out of Empire and Napoleon TW

Gonna be interesting to see how the Ship combat differs now that its not based on who has the most guns on a broad side.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
AC10 said:
yayforgiveaway said:
It's because the game takes place in Japan so they wanted a Japanese person doing the narrative.
Theres some serious irony here lol Guess obvious isn't obvious enough for those who points out the obvious

+1 ac10 to you XD

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Its gonna be full glitches like all creative assembly products they really cant make games very well.