Trailers: Shogun 2 Battle Trailer 4

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I remember loving Shogun Total War.

I'll be very happy to go back to that game. Preordered.

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
Shogun was one of the first games I played. I am 19 today I was 10 the first time I conquered japan as uesugei.

I woulld preorder if my PC could play it. I am going to buy a new one. . .now wich one?

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
murphy7801 said:
Medieval had few issues nothing major and rome was perfect it seems there more problems with age.
You dont remember the Melee bug Murphy in medieval? What about the seige bugs in rome?

They always have release issues, always. But they always have a quick patch which removes and big breaks and then small as they go along.

Only thing was they fucked Empire, they admited it. But Napoleon showed they can do it. So I have hope.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Bretty said:
murphy7801 said:
Medieval had few issues nothing major and rome was perfect it seems there more problems with age.
You dont remember the Melee bug Murphy in medieval? What about the seige bugs in rome?

They always have release issues, always. But they always have a quick patch which removes and big breaks and then small as they go along.

Only thing was they fucked Empire, they admited it. But Napoleon showed they can do it. So I have hope.
Napoleon still had unit tracking issue with scenery still also they refused to add the changes on Napoleon to empire yet nearly identical issues they dump there buggy products as fast as possible excepting the modders these days just fix it for them When really they should actually fix the problem themselves empire still pretty broken unmodded.

yayforgiveaway

Aug 25, 2009
AC10 said:
yayforgiveaway said:
Worst trailer to a (I hope) good game I have ever seen.
Why they have chosen a woman that can not speak English?
Whenever I hear 'Sun Tzu' I just want to laugh. It's like praising a person who says 'wipe your ass' as a great sanitary control master.
It's because the game takes place in Japan so they wanted a Japanese person doing the narrative.
In (bastardized) English? If you go for something like that why not get a guy with strong voice that actually speaks the language and add subtitles? That would be much cooler in my book.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Didn't play Shogun 1, Napoleon was my first foray into the Total War series. And I liked it. I also like ninjas and videos with cherry blossom falling in the background, so this one should be sweet. Here's hoping it doesn't come out at the same time as Ass Creed: Brotherhood on PC. Two collectors editions in a month blows my budget into pieces so small they no longer exist. -.-

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
yayforgiveaway said:
If you go for something like that why not get a guy with strong voice that actually speaks the language and add subtitles? That would be much cooler in my book.
Have you seen the amount of people who complain about subs? This was a much better decision

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Warboss Robgutz said:
Wasn't Sun Tzu Chinese? and Shogun is set in Japan? :/

Tzu's works were so good (Apparently) that his works were translated.

OT: Awwwwwweeeesome! a slightly cringe worthy accent aside, Im really looking forward too this one :D

ntnimara

Oct 3, 2008
I wonder if Sun Tzu would have been good at TW games

I do like the look of the map though. Unfortunately I won't have the hardware to enjoy this game most likely.

Spicyrocketsauce

Apr 16, 2009
One of my main gripes with Empire was that the different factions were essentially palette swaps of each other. I'm hoping that Shogun 2 won't be like this, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not optimistic.

Klitch

Jan 8, 2011
Spicyrocketsauce said:
One of my main gripes with Empire was that the different factions were essentially palette swaps of each other. I'm hoping that Shogun 2 won't be like this, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not optimistic.
Well the problem is that armies in the Roman period and the Middle Ages were wildly diverse due to the cultural gulf between states so CA was spoiled for choice. Militaries in Edo Japan and Napoleonic Europe were far more uniform, reflecting the relative cultural similarity between the powers of the periods. There's only so much that CA can do to add flavor to factions without abandoning historical accuracy.

I would be interested to see if they go back to the faction introduction videos from Rome. I thought those were really effective in differentiating the Scipii, Brutii, and Julii factions despite the fact that they were all essentially the same.